Welcome to Gaia! ::

~ Midnight Moon ~

Back to Guilds

~ for pagans, wiccans and witches ~ 

Tags: wiccan, witchcraft, paganism, wicca, heathenry 

Reply *~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)
For those of you that have families... Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

SilvyrRayn

Blessed Mage

9,800 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Signature Look 250
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 6:19 am
Right now, I plan on letting my daughter choose. When she gets older, I plan on letting her go to church with her grandparents or god-father (my brother), then she will learn of the Craft from me.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 1:08 am
I tought my husband as well as my sister the craft our children will be raised in what starhawk calls Goddess Tradition. They will be tought other religions and be alowed to choose for themselves of course but they will start with the craft.  

Zabora Lionheart

Tipsy Sex Symbol

9,850 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Millionaire 200

iKillCaustic

Ruthless Hunter

18,040 Points
  • Novice Mage 100
  • Nostalgic Scrapbooker 50
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 5:06 am
Zabora Lionheart
I tought my husband as well as my sister the craft our children will be raised in what starhawk calls Goddess Tradition. They will be tought other religions and be alowed to choose for themselves of course but they will start with the craft.

Starhawk. Oh dear. The issue with Starhawk is well...I can't even think of a single word to describe her with.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 12:16 pm
iKillCaustic--uKillMe
Zabora Lionheart

Starhawk. Oh dear. The issue with Starhawk is well...I can't even think of a single word to describe her with.

Dont get all weird on me. I dont like starhawk anymore then you probably do. But I at least read her work instead of jumping on the ban wagon of trash talking her without reading her work. I just couldnt find the right word for it. Witchcraft isnt a religion and im not wiccan. Saying pagan tradition isnt right either because I dont follow a tradition. Goddess tradition just fit.  

Zabora Lionheart

Tipsy Sex Symbol

9,850 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Millionaire 200

X-Yami-no-Ko-X

Hallowed Prophet

11,850 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 1:42 pm
Zabora Lionheart
iKillCaustic--uKillMe
Zabora Lionheart

Dont get all weird on me. I dont like starhawk anymore then you probably do. But I at least read her work instead of jumping on the ban wagon of trash talking her without reading her work. I just couldnt find the right word for it. Witchcraft isnt a religion and im not wiccan. Saying pagan tradition isnt right either because I dont follow a tradition. Goddess tradition just fit.

I'm pretty sure she has read some Starhawk before.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 12:57 am
X-Yami-no-Ko-X
Zabora Lionheart
iKillCaustic--uKillMe
Zabora Lionheart

Im not implying she hasnt only that alot of people dont care to find out for themselves anymore. I do like some of her meditations but then again I doubt they originated with her.  

Zabora Lionheart

Tipsy Sex Symbol

9,850 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Millionaire 200

iKillCaustic

Ruthless Hunter

18,040 Points
  • Novice Mage 100
  • Nostalgic Scrapbooker 50
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 5:10 am
Zabora Lionheart
X-Yami-no-Ko-X
Zabora Lionheart

Im not implying she hasnt only that alot of people dont care to find out for themselves anymore. I do like some of her meditations but then again I doubt they originated with her.

First point, yes I have actually read some of her work and I'm not just 'jumping on the bandwagon'. Don't assume that's what everyone does. How could you not be implying that I haven't read her work when you just assumed it in your previous post? Rude.
My next question is, how much have you read other than Starhawk's work?  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 6:01 am
Zabora Lionheart
X-Yami-no-Ko-X
Zabora Lionheart
iKillCaustic--uKillMe
Zabora Lionheart

(Gaia needs a better confused emote than just confused I feel like I'm coming off like a jerk when I use it)

It seemed like you were because of what you had posted. From an outside perspective this is how the conversation looked (at least to me):
You started looking like you support Starhawk's work. iKill came in expressing her dislike. You mentioned that you at least read Starhawk instead of jumping on the bandwagon.

I only mention this to try to be helpful. And part of because I had to take a communications class this semester (3 more days...). I wish I can remember the name of the matrix. Duh. I wasn't called a matrix. It was Johari Window. I'll expand more after class. I gotta get going to that class right now actually cat_sweatdrop  

X-Yami-no-Ko-X

Hallowed Prophet

11,850 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Timid 100

Zabora Lionheart

Tipsy Sex Symbol

9,850 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 8:11 am
I knew I should have stated "not that you havent" in my post but im working from a phone that hates me and I tried to post that about 3 times and I got pissed off and didnt edit it again...sorry  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2013 11:32 pm
See, the problem with this is my mother-in-law has adamantly stated if I don't baptize my children she will, and if I don't raise them Christian she will. Everyone around here is on some kind of bible steroids (no offense meant to anyone).
Anyway, my husband is atheist, and really doesn't care, but I want to make sure they have a religious education. I do find pagan holidays to be more fun/meaningful to me, so my children will probably participate. Luckily my church (UU) has members who hold family-friendly solstice (etc) celebrations, and the youth program (equivalent to Sunday school) is the same as the adult service; basically religious education, but every religion instead of just one.  

mechanical kitsy
Crew

*~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games