Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Back to Guilds

Our goal is to spread awareness of, lessen unwarranted hatred of, and create a safe haven for the LGBTQ community and their allies. 

Tags: Gay Straight Alliance, LGBT, homosexual, straight, transgender 

Reply The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance
College Roomie Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lithera Nohtiled

Friendly Genius

4,750 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 2:53 am
Based on my experience people at college seem to be much more accepting then elsewhere. Personally I room with 3 other men starting end of August. There's a bisexual, polyamorous, nymphomaniac with a collection of over 40 sex toys, a bisexual polyamorous, furry, a bisexual, polyamorous, gender-fluid (myself), and the last roommate is an extremely religious christian home-school student who previous to college never met anyone outside of his church. There have been relationships between all the bi members in the room, and the christian knows this. He highly disapproves of all of this, but is still a really nice person, who none of us have ever had a problem with. It seems to me that when you're surrounded by intelligent people in a college setting, people are often less concerned about sexuality and gender differences, and more about meeting nice and interesting people. It sounds like both of you are going to be new to the college, thus won't have many friends when you both first arrive. You're going to be his roommate for a year, in a new setting he'll likely want to make as many friends as possible, especially the person he has to share a room with for a long time. So I wouldn't worry too much about his reaction. I wouldn't come out bluntly, that may end up being rather awkward, but if you can manage to let them figure out naturally or let the conversation flow towards letting him know would probably be best.
heart  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 9:09 am
Thank you thank you!

I think I've come to the conclusion or just not making an issue of it.

My sister recently brought to my attention that since my sexuality plays such a minor role in my life, why bring it up as a problem if it's not going to be?

I will be myself around him, in full, and by no means hide who I am. But I'm not going to introduce myself as "hi, I'm Joseph, I'm a homosexual" because my sexuality doesn't define the type of person I am.

Saint Sims
Crew

Man-Hungry Ladykiller

11,865 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Flatterer 200
The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash