Welcome to Gaia! ::

~ Midnight Moon ~

Back to Guilds

~ for pagans, wiccans and witches ~ 

Tags: wiccan, witchcraft, paganism, wicca, heathenry 

Reply *~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)
Current Interests Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

kyndryana3

10,550 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 8:49 am
Just got back from six weeks with family (little bit vacation, lot of helping with my Grandmother who is battling cancer and other complications). It was a pretty big hiatus from my personal practice, but very eye opening in some ways....I don't always think about myself as being the best at daily practice, but when I'm somewhere away I realize all the little things I do normally.

What are you interested in studying right now?
Right now I'm on a kind of deity and lore kick. I got a neat book on Nordic stories on vacation (gotta love library book sales), and have been really interested lately in reading up on legends and fleshing out my understanding of both Heathen deities and rune concepts.

What are you actively studying right now?
Having just gotten home yesterday, I'm not really in the middle of anything at the moment. I am looking forward to getting back into the rune workshop.

What are you working at right now in your active practice (ritual, witchcraft, etc)?
Right now the focus in my active practice is on meditation. I have been meditating in one form or another for years, but I want to expand on that, so I am working both on new things and getting back to basics and refining what I already do.

(If you are a theist) What deity relationships are you working at strengthening right now/what deities are you interested in learning about or contacting?
I consider myself always working on deepening my relationship with Odin and Freyja. But over the last couple of days I have also had a growing desire to read up more on Hekate.

What books are you tempted to buy?
Blood Magic: The Anthropology of Menstruation. There are a ton of books on my wish list at the moment, but if I had to pick one, this one is pretty high up there (I'm kind of moody though, so the top of the list fluctuates pretty often).  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 4:15 pm
It's really easy for my practices to end up in a 'holding pattern'; I can continue them in their current form almost without thought. I tend my shrines daily, I celebrate most sabbats at coven, or celebrate them quietly at home. I practice witchcraft in and around these things as needed. Deities are shifting now towards those with a more autumnal aspect.

I'm preparing for my next big working, which will start in the spring of next year. It's very complex and has a lot of material requirements, so I am working on gathering the things I need to have beforehand. I also should be copying books, but since I don't live near to the covenstead it has to wait for those times when I am there and not being run off my feet as handmaiden. Typically that's after Samhain.

I want to be creating more tools and amulets. I am thinking of learning to crochet just so I can make some fun hats to wear, and maybe some pouches. I intend to re-teach myself sewing with a machine, if my mother can teach me to thread the machine I have now.

I'm not much of a book person any more. I tend to flip through them or read reviews thinking I might like them, and generally just end up annoyed and put it back on the shelf. It's rare I actually read a book anymore. Most of them are just the same thing, over and over.  

Morgandria

Aged Shapeshifter

pompoennetje

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 12:40 am
What are you interested in studying right now?
Crystals/gemstones and how their 'abilities' and how to use them with myself and with animals.

What are you actively studying right now?
Tarot reading. Or... At least practicing my a** off.

What are you working at right now in your active practice (ritual, witchcraft, etc
Nothing at the moment. Trying to meditate every day for 10 minutes or every other day.

(If you are a theist) What deity relationships are you working at strengthening right now/what deities are you interested in learning about or contacting?
None yet. There are a few that caught my interest, but other than that I need to look further into them.

What books are you tempted to buy?
Cat related book.
About palm reading. Haven't found a good book yet.  
*~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games