Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Etrua Region

Back to Guilds

This is a Pokémon RP guild with heavy influences from the game. 

Tags: Pokemon, Role Playing, Etrua, Region, Writing 

Reply Welcome to the Etrua Region
So guys it's been pretty dead lately Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kenocka

Invisible Survivor

9,450 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Survivor 150
PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 7:16 pm
Tsuki the Lunar Wind
How about we remove some Pokemon that would have too much of an edge in battle and round up evolutions for fairness sake. Like pseudos, because their power base stat wise is on the cusp of legendary power?

... or we can make a list of teams to RNG from? That way we can control people from getting over powered teams?

I think we already said we were going to do that with Legendary Pokes but I like the idea of removing Psuedos as well. It would FORCE people to think tactically. No Garchomp for chu.

I think I agree with Akai's idea (was that you or someone else?) of having a crew member livestream the RNG selection process. It would take it completely out of the member's hands and be fair.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 11:54 pm
Kenocka
Tsuki the Lunar Wind
How about we remove some Pokemon that would have too much of an edge in battle and round up evolutions for fairness sake. Like pseudos, because their power base stat wise is on the cusp of legendary power?

... or we can make a list of teams to RNG from? That way we can control people from getting over powered teams?

I think we already said we were going to do that with Legendary Pokes but I like the idea of removing Psuedos as well. It would FORCE people to think tactically. No Garchomp for chu.

I think I agree with Akai's idea (was that you or someone else?) of having a crew member livestream the RNG selection process. It would take it completely out of the member's hands and be fair.

I'm a personal believer that pseudos should stay in. Are they powerful? Of course. But in the grand scheme of things, they are still beatable and aren't NEARLY as powerful as Legendary Pokemon are. The reason most of the strongest Pokemon are legendaries isn't because of their base stats - it usually has to do with other factors, such as excellent typing, signature moves, and useful abilities. As a matter of fact, there are a few Pokemon who have base stats that EXCEED that of pseudo-legendary Pokemon (Slaking comes to mind.) Furthermore, your chances of rolling one for your team are very slim - there are six pseudos out of 649 total Pokemon, so after factoring out NFE Pokemon and legendaries, we still end up with about a one in three hundred chance of obtaining one for use. Not too likely xD.

Another thing to think about is having members roll for a different team for EACH battle in the tournament - so if they somehow manage to get a Tyranitar placed on their team in the first match, they won't be able to rely on its power for the rest of the battles. It would take a little longer for teams to be RNGed, but not enough to put a damper on us instating this rule.  

Akai Shi-Koret
Crew

Unbeatable Survivor

7,350 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Brandisher 100
  • Battle: Knight 100

VVLB
Crew

Shameless Bunny

19,725 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 3:11 am
Hhhmmm...

I like the idea of having a new team made for each round, but I don't like the idea of removing the psuedos, as yes they are strong, but there are 6 of them out of about 2-300 of them so the chances of getting them are slim if we're doing the only final evolution thing or 6 out of about 59-600 cause I don't remember the exact number of legendaries if we're not doing the final evolution only thing so the chances of getting one of them is rather slim and 4 of them have a double weakness that would help take them down.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 5:44 pm
Well then if y'all wanna do this feel free to. I apparently don't know much so I'd only be hampering y'all.  

Kenocka

Invisible Survivor

9,450 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Survivor 150

Miss_D_White
Captain

Dangerous Lunatic

6,650 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:32 am
Kenocka
I've no idea why the original owners bought so many subforums in the first place.
it was like that when we got it from RPM, and he told us it was like that when it was given to him, we just decided to use them as we did have it set up.

anyways, hi, long time no see. I'm not sure if everyones moved over to your guild or if everything here just died but we had so much crap going on back then we pretty much dropped gaia (or anything online for that matter) in favor of getting stuff taken care of. if the guilds died I doubt we'll try resurrecting it again, but if theres any life left then maybe.

but how about an update. Me and danali are both going to college now, and we're roomies hehe. unfortunately we both have jobs too so we wouldnt have the time that was really required to revive this place, thats why we wont try if its dead already. but on the other hand, we're starting to get back into gaia so maybe I can talk her into getting back into the guild. right now she's mainly interested in art contests though. Me, I wouldn't mind doing it but theres no way I could do it on my own. and shes pretty indecisive so... yeah.

So whats been u with you guys? The guild definitely looks different than I remember.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:00 pm
Miss_D_White
Kenocka
I've no idea why the original owners bought so many subforums in the first place.
it was like that when we got it from RPM, and he told us it was like that when it was given to him, we just decided to use them as we did have it set up.

anyways, hi, long time no see. I'm not sure if everyones moved over to your guild or if everything here just died but we had so much crap going on back then we pretty much dropped gaia (or anything online for that matter) in favor of getting stuff taken care of. if the guilds died I doubt we'll try resurrecting it again, but if theres any life left then maybe.

but how about an update. Me and danali are both going to college now, and we're roomies hehe. unfortunately we both have jobs too so we wouldnt have the time that was really required to revive this place, thats why we wont try if its dead already. but on the other hand, we're starting to get back into gaia so maybe I can talk her into getting back into the guild. right now she's mainly interested in art contests though. Me, I wouldn't mind doing it but theres no way I could do it on my own. and shes pretty indecisive so... yeah.

So whats been u with you guys? The guild definitely looks different than I remember.

Well for me I've pretty much abandoned Gaia except for a few times when I log in. I think that the biggest problem with Et is that it's SO BIG. There's way too many subforums. I think that if we left a forum for RPing, maybe two, and then had RP forums for gym battles and other official stuff and a GTS then we'd be alright. I also think I need to cut down on the rules and guidelines, make them easy and quick to read and understand.

Sorry for all the changes man, I tried to keep this thin afloat along with mine. I pretty much failed at that.  

Kenocka

Invisible Survivor

9,450 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Survivor 150

Tsuki the Fated Wind

Predestined Winner

7,600 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Forum Explorer 100
PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 10:32 pm
So.

How's it goin'?  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 11:51 pm
I'd say it's pretty damn dead, which is a shame. I really thought that one guy was going to go all the way. What was his name again? I think he made it to the third gym...  

Beastman_Veeral

Beastman_Veeral

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 11:52 pm
Right, I'm pretty sure it was Tsuki. Not that anyone is ever going to read this...  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 11:08 am
Beastman_Veeral
I'd say it's pretty damn dead, which is a shame. I really thought that one guy was going to go all the way. What was his name again? I think he made it to the third gym...

If you want, we can just Roleplay here anyways. I don't think Kenocka is going to be all like "No, no being active for you!" I kinda stopped because there was no one to roleplay with and the ones who did stay apparently didn't want me to get near their characters?  

Tsuki the Fated Wind

Predestined Winner

7,600 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Forum Explorer 100

Beastman_Veeral

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 12:08 pm
I don't mind continuing, but the only character I have to use is my E4 character. You cool with that?  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 12:16 pm
Beastman_Veeral
I don't mind continuing, but the only character I have to use is my E4 character. You cool with that?

Sure. But you could just make an already kind of established character. What would the mods say considering the guild is dead?

Speaking of gym battles, could you NPC as the leader?  

Tsuki the Fated Wind

Predestined Winner

7,600 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Forum Explorer 100

Beastman_Veeral

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 3:12 pm
Tsuki the Lunar Wind
Beastman_Veeral

Sure. But you could just make an already kind of established character. What would the mods say considering the guild is dead?

I am not crew for the guild, so I do not have the right to NPC as any gym leader. Even though no one checks anymore, I still feel that it's important to follow the rules. My E4 character is a pretty established character, I've RPed with him before. We could probably come up with something that could work both our characters in...  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 10:01 am
Beastman_Veeral
Tsuki the Lunar Wind
Beastman_Veeral

I am not crew for the guild, so I do not have the right to NPC as any gym leader. Even though no one checks anymore, I still feel that it's important to follow the rules. My E4 character is a pretty established character, I've RPed with him before. We could probably come up with something that could work both our characters in...

Merp. Seeing how I want to continue instead of being in a two badge limbo, have your character come in and watch while I do the battle?  

Tsuki the Fated Wind

Predestined Winner

7,600 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Forum Explorer 100

Beastman_Veeral

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 3:39 pm
Tsuki the Lunar Wind
Beastman_Veeral
Tsuki the Lunar Wind
Beastman_Veeral

Merp. Seeing how I want to continue instead of being in a two badge limbo, have your character come in and watch while I do the battle?

But you can't control the gym leader. I'll talk to one of the crew, see if he wants to.  
Welcome to the Etrua Region

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff