This is for the New members, and current members who would like a bit more insight.

If there is something you feel is not explained, just point it out and I will edit this to explain how that part of the town works.

Population:

The population of the town consists of the role play characters, the 'people' who run the businesses (such as bartender, waitress, clerks etc.) and any other bystander that the Role Players place there for a short time to make the town more interesting.

The population is LOW, it is very small, so I would estimate about 200 maximum plus the RPCs. It is mostly wilderness outside of the small town and large amusement park.

Laws, law related workers:

The laws are pretty much just whatever, killing and fighting would cause the non-RPC characters to panic, but they are used to it, and the abnormal.

There are places where such things as police, or juries used to be, but they are not used, so there is no animal control, or police. There is also no jury, judge, sheriff or anything of the sort. If you are raised in a place with laws, and then sent to a place without laws, but do not know there are no laws, you would follow what you know. If you didn't care for laws you wouldn't follow them anyway. However some RPCs and the owners of businesses won't allow some behaviors.

You:
You are what ever you choose to be as long as it is original. You can not be from an anime or show. If you base someone off of an anime or show, then you can not have the same name, picture or the like. You also shouldn't be from a place the character your RPC is based of off is unless it is a real world city. (such as if I could summon monsters they would not be poke'mon or duel monsters and I could not use a pic of Ash, Misty, Yugi, Kiaba etc. and be from Domino City or Pallet Town, but I could be from Washington D.C. or Shanghai, China.)

You also can not have a super character, or a god character. You can't kill or injure with looks or thoughts. You also can not have a list of abilities the length of your arm. Even in a magical world there are limits to peoples abilities. Even immortals can die by fire and decapitation if someone doesn't heal them quickly. If we find you abusing your freedom you will be contacted.

Imagine that, somewhere on the globe there was a chunk of land no one could get to except by foot through a portal that only allows certain people though, a small airport that was nearly impossible to see and usually invisible, or by a train that doesn't always exists. If it helps any, pretend it is a real place. It is just in a little 'bubble' of magic or alternate dimension perhaps.

Island:
The island area of New Shiro is sort of like a private island. You can only get there by boat (or swimming/flight if you shape-shift, It is a long swim though). It is a semi-tropical island, so feel free to add animals and sounds you might see, such as banana peels at the feet of a monkey and the sound of seagulls and distant birds. Unlike the mainland the island is not very large and relatively un-populated.