Submit

Which one?
  A Link to the Past
  Majora's Mask
View Results

Nomega

Dapper Dabbler

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 3:32 pm
I guess it's fair to be against emulation, but I still have the original N64 game and I've bought it on the virtual console, so I feel like I've certainly supported the game enough to morally and legally be within my rights to emulate it if I want to. I've had enough exposure to Majora's Mask in my life to not be incredibly interested in a remake. I wasn't suggesting that no one buy the game in its original or remade form; I was only saying that in my personal situation, carrying around a 3DS isn't particularly worth the upgrade in graphics.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 4:08 pm
For you, no, it's not. And that's fine, but it's worth it for a bunch of other people. Especially with the Jadusable ARG a year ago, interest in Majora's Mask is really high. A lot of people don't have a phone that can do that or don't know how to do it at all, or would like a fresh look on the game.  

Meta_Fish
Captain

B1g_crunch

Questionable Loiterer

8,800 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 11:34 am
Majora's Mask, since they did OOT.

LttP: 4 Swords can always be put as a downloadable GBA title for the e-shop.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 4:23 pm
I'd be interested in either, but if I had to pick one it'd definitely be MM. 2D graphics don't age nearly as badly as 3D ones, and the GBA port of LttP means it's already possible to get a version of the game that's portable. There's also the fact that MM is my favorite Zelda game and one of my favorite games ever. I like LttP just fine, but most games wouldn't get my vote here.

I don't really know that LttP (or any 2D Zelda game really) needs a 3D remake, though. Changing the game from 2D to 3D seems like it has a good chance of screwing things up, kind of like how book to movie adaptations generally don't work very well. It could probably be made to work, but it'd need more than just updating the sprites.  

Zephyrkitty

Beloved Lunatic

9,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Elocutionist 200

DragonHeart2000

Peaceful Explorer

6,850 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Hero 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 6:28 pm
I'd rather see A Link To The Past remake. OOT and MM basically run on the same engine, if you think about it. Or they could mash the two into one cartridge, like they did with ALTTP and Four Swords on the GBA, so both sides of Zelda fans can be happy. Then again, it could depend on how much space the 3DS cartridge can take. Hm. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 8:17 am
The Eleventh AK
I'd prefer a new Zelda game 8|

Rusti Fire

Aged Humorist

'Tendo Cult~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items