Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Back to Guilds

Our goal is to spread awareness of, lessen unwarranted hatred of, and create a safe haven for the LGBTQ community and their allies. 

Tags: Gay Straight Alliance, LGBT, homosexual, straight, transgender 

Reply The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance
LGBT, Obama and RFID Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sin Error

Elder

7,850 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 9:20 am
-I wanna know how many of you guys decided to vote for him ever since he said he approves of gay marriage?

-Do you think he really supports the LGBT or he just wants the votes?

(Keep in mind that during the 4 years of his presidency he has done a lot of research on how people react to gay marriage, ex: surveys, charts of how many people are in and agaisnt gay marriage)

-Did you knew he approved a law to implant a microchip (RFID) inside your body?
(Now this is not mandatory, but if you wanna get medical attention you need to have this chip implanted in you, if you want more info google RFID microchip)

-Are you willing to install this device inside your body? why?

-Degree:

Linku  
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 1:41 pm
I wouldn't vote for him just because of that chip idea, it seems just another way to control everyone's lives. neutral I don't like the candidates enough to vote for anyone.

And no, I wouldn't get it. I don't want any unnecessary chip in my body just for treatment. I studied it for class once and it is used for tracking people down and for automatic identification. Some medical facilities are thinking of just having it being placed in cards which will hold medical record information, some I believe already do that. But if the card is lost or stolen, people can steal that info.

As for gay marriage, he probably just said to get votes or he would have said sometime long ago as it just seems like a sudden thing. Time is running out, so people are getting desperate as they want to win. Even if he truly was for it, it still will need to voted on in order for law allowing gay marriage to pass. Be nice if it passed though.

Obama said a lot of things to be voted as president in the last elections.  

ForeverDreamWithinADream

Shanna66

9,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 1:52 pm
comparing him to the republicans out right now i will vote for him. i would not get any sort of chip put into my body, i would stop getting medical treatment if it was manditory

but yeah, othe than that he has done a pretty decent job and is much less crazy than the other guys. also i dont care what his reasons are for suppirting gays, support is support and im not too picky about where it comes from right now  
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 8:15 pm
I would like to point out that your source (john paul) for this "microchip" thing is pretty..well...uncredible. So, to use this argument to vote or not to vote for Obama based solely on a youtube post, would be invalid. Sorry dude. if you can find a better source, than great. otherwise....
Sin Error
-I wanna know how many of you guys decided to vote for him ever since he said he approves of gay marriage?

(Keep in mind that during the 4 years of his presidency he has done a lot of research on how people react to gay marriage, ex: surveys, charts of how many people are in and agaisnt gay marriage)

(Now this is not mandatory, but if you wanna get medical attention you need to have this chip implanted in you, if you want more info google RFID microchip)

-Degree:

Linku

Symptom_of_Society

Fatcat

Belethiel

Green Smoker

21,300 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 8:56 pm
Shanna66
comparing him to the republicans out right now i will vote for him. i would not get any sort of chip put into my body, i would stop getting medical treatment if it was manditory

but yeah, othe than that he has done a pretty decent job and is much less crazy than the other guys. also i dont care what his reasons are for suppirting gays, support is support and im not too picky about where it comes from right now

Pretty much this. I like him, I trust him, and as for the other people in government positions... well, I don't want to be ruled by a Tea Bagger.

I think the microchip thing isn't creditable. P: And it's probably blown out of perportion. It's probably an alternative way to store medical information, and if someone finds someone out there in need of medical attention that can't speak for themselves, chipping them would be a good idea. The chip could monitor stuff like heart rate and insulin levels and whatnot. As a sibling to someone who has seizures, it sounds useful... as long as it's not abused by the powers that be.  
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 8:49 am
Xx_LunaJade_xX
I would like to point out that your source (john paul) for this "microchip" thing is pretty..well...uncredible. So, to use this argument to vote or not to vote for Obama based solely on a youtube post, would be invalid. Sorry dude. if you can find a better source, than great. otherwise....
Sin Error

-Degree:

Linku

Don't be lazy, google it yourself.  

Sin Error

Elder

7,850 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Invisibility 100

AstridMiriam

Party Browser

13,100 Points
  • Runway First Vote 50
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Team Edward 100
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 2:34 pm
Yes I'm voting for him because uhh people need to understand that Hilary Clinton is behind everything that is helping the world.
The gay marriege he includes is probably from Hilary to.

People need to understand about the economy and such and acceptance in the world.

I would rather see people support others not people hating on others.
He supports handicapt and yes I do have friends who are Bisexual so yes I will be voting for him.
I don't get into Politics alot and of course I don't get into Religion only a little if I need to but like I said people need to stop yelling and stop discrimating other people even trying to get a job.

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 10:40 pm
I would not, as even if he made gays legal to get married in all the states I would never vote for him.

Oh the votes. I know he has supported them in the past, but as any liberal would. But it just so happens that he announces it, and makes such a large deal about it when his presidency is coming to it's end? (Hopefully) As I know I will get much controversy for what I am saying, look at what has happened to the United States simply because of him, and I fear that he will get elected for another four years. Hey, we were going to be taken over by China someday anyways.

To track us like our pets, to make sure we don't leave a country, no thank you.

No, not in anyway shape or form. Why? Why not? Why would someone want to be tracked?

The Bodacious Soul Reaper

bollier

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 11:44 pm
I've actually planned on voting for him for a while now. The only republican candidate I would've voted for is Ron Paul.

I really believe that he does support LGBT rights. I think the marriage thing is at least partially a publicity stunt to get votes (the timing of it), but I honestly think he does support gay marriage, and I expected him to announce it during his second term (if he was reelected, of course).

Although I haven't managed to find anything as concrete as a news site saying anything about the RFID chip, the websites that claim it is a hoax seem more reputable to me than those that claim it is true. From what they say, it was in a version of the health care bill that didn't pass, and was removed from the one that did.

If it does wind up being true, however, I guess I would begrudgingly do it as the need arises. I would avoid the doctor, but not risk death to avoid it.  
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 9:33 am
I voted for him in 08 cause he was not a conservative.
Elections are not about voting for the best person for the job, but about voting for the best of the choices given.

While in the past democrats have not really been pro-gay, they have not been intently anti-gay like the right-wing.

I voted for Obama cause he was the best of the choices. I will vote for Obama again because he is still the best of the choices. Obama didnt do the best job... but do you really think McCain would have done better? Really?
Mitt Romney will send us into a similar hole too... but with less Gay Marriage and Healthcare.  

Saelune

IRL Fairy

7,650 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Alchemy Level 3 100

Dusty-Boy

Dangerous Autobiographer

2,450 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 9:36 am
as a guy who likes guys i would still not vote a president in simply because they claim to wish to allow gay marriage,

in the grand scheme of this nation, gay marriage is rightfully at the bottom of the list of top issues.

The directly stated restrictions on government in the U.S. constitution are the true top of the list, along with outrageous corruption, even legal versions of it, need to be tended to first.

Honestly I find gun rights to be more vital than gay rights simply because gun rights secure the eventuality of gay rights  
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 9:43 am
Saelune
Elections are not about voting for the best person for the job, but about voting for the best of the choices given.

While in the past democrats have not really been pro-gay, they have not been intently anti-gay like the right-wing.

I voted for Obama cause he was the best of the choices. I will vote for Obama again because he is still the best of the choices. Obama didnt do the best job... but do you really think McCain would have done better? Really?
Mitt Romney will send us into a similar hole too... but with less Gay Marriage and Healthcare.

are you ******** serious?

Sorry but that was my first reaction.

okokok first off neither side gives a flying ******** about marriage it's a keyword statement.

second and most importantly it's the job of congress and the supreme court to deal with marriage... not the president

third... and remember this... ALWAYS REMIND YOURSELF "I'm fighting for the advancement and defense of human rights, not just gay rights"

I don't see this as one battle, gay marriage legislation is a small footing in the overall scale, Liberal means nothing about liberty, and conservative is no longer about conservation of a working and established government,

they have polarized, making them fanatical, two steps away from blood and guts on the street.

the presidency is about what is BEST FOR THE COUNTRY, the mindset of "Vote for the lessor of two evils" is a cliche deathwish of freedom, and the truth of the matter is we should all vote for whichever candidate, regardless of popularity in the poles, that we feel is closest with our own interests.

to spread this message is to disestablish the workings of our two party system and open us up for real decisions

*Edit*

let me state something more, I am not a republican, I am a constitutionalist,

In my view, the U.S. was built off of the principal of "If you want it, go and get it, play it right and you can have it, but it's not yours yet, you have to earn it"

Requiring someone to pay for someone else is actually against the constitution

I feel like if you need healthcare, go ******** earn it.
Can't find a job? well you're a liar and you're lazy because anyone can find a job, go take a low income job for a while

Can't afford your style of living? Well that's because you're not playing your cards right.. go back to college

Can't afford college? Apply for a scholarship from many organizations that offer them

Can't work due to being paralyzed from the waist down? get a job typing and speaking

Can't work due to paralyses from the neck down? Go be a public speaker.

government money should go to paving roads and building schools.  

Dusty-Boy

Dangerous Autobiographer

2,450 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Signature Look 250

Saelune

IRL Fairy

7,650 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Alchemy Level 3 100
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 9:46 am
Dusty-Boy
Saelune

okokok first off neither side gives a flying ******** about marriage it's a keyword statement.

second and most importantly it's the job of congress and the supreme court to deal with marriage... not the president

third... and remember this... ALWAYS REMIND YOURSELF "I'm fighting for the advancement and defense of human rights, not just gay rights"

I don't see this as one battle, gay marriage legislation is a small footing in the overall scale, Liberal means nothing about liberty, and conservative is no longer about conservation of a working and established government,

they have polarized, making them fanatical, two steps away from blood and guts on the street.

the presidency is about what is BEST FOR THE COUNTRY, the mindset of "Vote for the lessor of two evils" is a cliche deathwish of freedom, and the truth of the matter is we should all vote for whichever candidate, regardless of popularity in the poles, that we feel is closest with our own interests.

to spread this message is to disestablish the workings of our two party system and open us up for real decisions
Well guess what? It doesnt matter if my focus is gay, black, women, men, religion, fat people's rights. A vote for a conservative is a vote for the abolishing of your human rights. I do vote for the one closest to my own interest....my rights. Thus I will vote for democrat.  
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 10:00 am
Saelune
Dusty-Boy
Saelune

Well guess what? It doesnt matter if my focus is gay, black, women, men, religion, fat people's rights. A vote for a conservative is a vote for the abolishing of your human rights. I do vote for the one closest to my own interest....my rights. Thus I will vote for democrat.

Democrats fight for the abolition of the second amendment right, your fifth amendment right and half of your first amendment right, sixth/ninth/tenth/fourth

republicans fight for the abolition of your third amendment right, along with half of the first and then fourth/sixth/seventh/eighth/ninth/tenth

they seem about even, you see in black and white, only gay marriage matters to you, understand the importance of the rest of our rights, they are support columns that hold up our nation, just enough to keep us free, when one falls they all fall

both sides are terrible  

Dusty-Boy

Dangerous Autobiographer

2,450 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Signature Look 250

Centipedes In Utero

Shameless Streaker

10,900 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 10:26 am
Sin Error

Yeah, in the part of the healthcare bill that wasn't passed. Even so, that would've only been an option for people who opted in for the "public healthcare."

The only fools who are worried about this are conspiracy theorists and Republican candidates who want more votes. rolleyes I've yet to see one legit source that says people will be forcible micro-chipped.

The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff