Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Back to Guilds

Our goal is to spread awareness of, lessen unwarranted hatred of, and create a safe haven for the LGBTQ community and their allies. 

Tags: Gay Straight Alliance, LGBT, homosexual, straight, transgender 

Reply The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance
Girl trouble! Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Should I try to tell her again? (read my post first)
  Yes, give her a chance
  No, you clearly don't like her
  Idk
View Results

Sinna Roll

Bashful Warrior

13,075 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 10:13 am
This friend I have- she's known I was a lesbian for almost a month! The only person that knew. She asked to date me- I said I'd try (nearly a month ago) Well I DON'T like her. I tried to tell her in the nicest way possible! But now she wants me to keep trying on this relationship. Shes also still in the closet. I also still have a crush on this other girl. How do I deal with this!?  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 10:39 am
If you don't like her, then that's alright. The worst thing to do would be to pity her, and get into a relationship with her. As then she would think you are serious, and it would lead to many many problems, and in the end it would hurt her more than telling her you don't feel the same way.
It's alright you told her you would try, but sit down and talk with her. Especially since she's still in the closet. Talk with her, that you don't have the same feelings for her, but you would stay friends/stay in touch on Facebook or e-mail. She may continue to try and get together with you, and if it gets to a certain point- I mean to stalking or harassment, then get help/talk to an adult, guardian, etc.
Truly all you can do is talk it out with her. I hope everything turns out the way you want it to : ) Good luck~

The Bodacious Soul Reaper

Yoseisame

6,200 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 10:42 am
Tell her that you value her friendship (if you do), and that you do not feel that way about her. Tell her that you like someone else. Just put her down gently and firmly. Good luck.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:46 am
If you don't like her, then that's alright. The worst thing to do would be to pity her, and get into a relationship with her. As then she would think you are serious, and it would lead to many many problems, and in the end it would hurt her more than telling her you don't feel the same way.
It's alright you told her you would try, but sit down and talk with her. Especially since she's still in the closet. Talk with her, that you don't have the same feelings for her, but you would stay friends/stay in touch on Facebook or e-mail. She may continue to try and get together with you, and if it gets to a certain point- I mean to stalking or harassment, then get help/talk to an adult, guardian, etc.
Truly all you can do is talk it out with her. I hope everything turns out the way you want it to : ) Good luck~

I tried to explain to her that it wouldn't be fair to her if I don't feel the same. Then she tried to say no one else would date. Like I was a 'last choice' I can't date someone who feels that way! I'll try to talk... But I'm not sure how that would turn out. She also tried to say she was 'in love' with me. So that complicates the situation.  

Sinna Roll

Bashful Warrior

13,075 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Hotblooded Hero 50

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:49 am
mehwuvzgurlz

It is a true complicated situation, but believe me, if you date her when you don't feel the same way for her then it will only hurt her and you. It would give her the illusion that you love her, then she may even ask you to marry her, that might be a little over the top, but you never know. The best thing to do is talk it out with her, and if she refuses then tell her to give you time. Tell her to try and find someone else, maybe meet new people.
I hope everything turns out alright ^_^

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 12:49 pm
mehwuvzgurlz

It is a true complicated situation, but believe me, if you date her when you don't feel the same way for her then it will only hurt her and you. It would give her the illusion that you love her, then she may even ask you to marry her, that might be a little over the top, but you never know. The best thing to do is talk it out with her, and if she refuses then tell her to give you time. Tell her to try and find someone else, maybe meet new people.

Thanks! I'll try!  

Sinna Roll

Bashful Warrior

13,075 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Hotblooded Hero 50

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 1:35 pm
mehwuvzgurlz
mehwuvzgurlz

Thanks! I'll try!

You're welcome~

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 3:45 pm
mehwuvzgurlz
mehwuvzgurlz

Thanks! I'll try!

You're welcome~

It's not working T.T  

Sinna Roll

Bashful Warrior

13,075 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Hotblooded Hero 50

lilla muchi

Beloved Shapeshifter

7,250 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 3:47 pm
why not just say you tried and your sorry but you would rather be friends. i know its kinda blunt but it seems its not getting across and don't take pity or feel bad trust me it would only make things worse.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 6:07 pm
mehwuvzgurlz
mehwuvzgurlz
mehwuvzgurlz

Thanks! I'll try!

You're welcome~

It's not working T.T

I'm sorry! How is she reacting? If I know more details I'd be able to say more than "just keep talking with her". : )

Sinna Roll

Bashful Warrior

13,075 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 6:14 pm
mehwuvzgurlz
mehwuvzgurlz
mehwuvzgurlz

Thanks! I'll try!

You're welcome~

It's not working T.T

I'm sorry! How is she reacting? If I know more details I'd be able to say more than "just keep talking with her". : )

She's still trying to I WILL like her. But I don't and won't. I kept trying to explain that it didn't work that way. Also- I think she's really straight NOT bi. She only thinks she is. (I got this because she's grossed out by things like boobs and such. I txted her- still no reply.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 6:49 pm
If you don't like her, you don't like her.
There are plenty of fish in the sea.

Tell her you like her as a friend straight out
so there are no major hurting of her feelings
& there will be no confusion that way.

Hope everything works out okay for you!

emotion_bigheart

peace. love. harmony.

SkeIIington

Revered Lunatic

10,950 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Brandisher 100

OtherworldlyAlchemy

Married Lover

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 7:16 pm
I would just tell her No means no and thats my final answer and ignore her then she will get the message, good luck  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 7:16 pm
hi every one  

grulog

1,500 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
  • Hygienic 200

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 9:35 pm
mehwuvzgurlz
mehwuvzgurlz
mehwuvzgurlz

Thanks! I'll try!

You're welcome~

It's not working T.T

She's still trying to I WILL like her. But I don't and won't. I kept trying to explain that it didn't work that way. Also- I think she's really straight NOT bi. She only thinks she is. (I got this because she's grossed out by things like boobs and such. I txted her- still no reply.

That's a tough situation since she won't listen.. I'm sorry for it. There's really nothing more than try and talk it out with her some more, maybe face to face. Go get some coffee, ice cream, or just meet up somewhere. I hope she will understand~

The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff