Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ahoy!
  Indie?
View Results

Keito-san

Romantic Nerd

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 1:10 am
She's been looking after me while I'm mourned my dog. We've hung out, cooked, laughed, swapped music, ******** -- all that good healthy stuff. It's been nice. I'm starting a get a little anxious about it though. I don't want to be distracted from my work, nor distracting her from hers. We have this amazing connection though. I think I need to get a grip.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 1:04 pm
Sounds good to me. I think that you'll both be fine balancing a relationship and work.  

Lass Kyon

Aged Sex Symbol

8,950 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Mark Twain 100

Morde

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 11:35 am
As long as you make a choice to be present with your work I don't think you'll have a problem. Talk about your concerns about balance. Being as honest as you can never hurts.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 4:37 pm
It's difficult. I'm adjusting a lot of beliefs punched into me from past relationships. Not because she wants me to think how she does, but because those beliefs I've had put pressure on partners and, most certainly, on myself.

I think we're doing a good job keeping it separate from work. And I think she would rather I not worry so much about it, and just take everything as it comes as far as her and I are concerned. I think we've both had experiences with other people where we had something good, and then we were blamed when everything blew up. We're waiting for that to happen, but trying to... I dunno, just accept what we have for what it is. It's nice to have someone holding you at night.

I like having her as a companion. And she take an interest in my well being. And I in hers. It feels like falling into a standing, sturdy position. I haven't felt like myself because of Holly passing and this sudden anxiety about loss stepping in place of whatever security I was holding on to. I wanna get back to the gym soon and start getting back to normal. I think I need it if want to stay on top of things.

With time, I hope to relax a little bit more with her. And her with me. She's a wonderful person. I feel pretty damn lucky these days.

Keito-san

Romantic Nerd

Morde

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 2:52 pm
That makes me so happy to her Cait. It's hard not to let baggage from past relationships influence how you interact with new people. I'm still fighting against that with this guy. Once you can accept what you have for what it is, like you said, everything seems to fall into place.

<3333

Ladies

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff