Welcome to Gaia! ::

Anime Conventions: The Global Connection

Back to Guilds

A guild dedicated to sharing/discussing conventions, cosplay, anime, and manga from across the world 

Tags: Convention, Cosplay, Anime, Crossplay, Manga 

Reply Convention Forum
How to make sure your cosplay costume will still fit Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Daveak Shadowsword

Shadowy Mage

12,200 Points
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 4:16 pm
Hey guys, I'm going to anime north this year as a state alchemist from Fullmetal Alchemist and I want some tips on how to stay the same size I am so it will still fit when it's time for the convention?  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 5:40 pm
Well, first off, do you make your cosplays or do you buy them? I haven't had a problem with my cosplays not fitting anymore, but you can always buy your cosplays in a bit bigger size. This goes same if you make your cosplays. I always add 3 inches just to be in the safe side. Other than all that, just stay fit, I guess. >_< I hope that helps....  

OhNoesItsMiho

Unbeatable Lover

9,150 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Citizen 200

Daveak Shadowsword

Shadowy Mage

12,200 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 8:12 pm
OhNoesItsMiho
Well, first off, do you make your cosplays or do you buy them? I haven't had a problem with my cosplays not fitting anymore, but you can always buy your cosplays in a bit bigger size. This goes same if you make your cosplays. I always add 3 inches just to be in the safe side. Other than all that, just stay fit, I guess. >_< I hope that helps....
I always buy mine because I am terrible with a needle and thread and I don't have a sewing machine.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 10:59 am
That's okay. I always manage to break sewing machines so I sew by hand, lol. Well, I'd just go with buying your cosplays one size bigger, then.  

OhNoesItsMiho

Unbeatable Lover

9,150 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Citizen 200

oTrissa

7,850 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Friendly 100
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 5:10 pm
Do light exercise everyday  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 6:20 pm
Stay active and you should be alright yum_puddi  

Alice Allusion

Ice-Cold Bloodsucker

19,890 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Team Rina 200
  • Elocutionist 200

SolfeggioNinja

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 6:44 pm
I always have trouble with keeping my stomach in line, so I like to do crunches every morning or evening.

But it's your body, so you'd have to figure out which area you need to keep in shape in order to stay in the cosplay boundry. ^^

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 1:55 pm
exercise about 2-3 times a week and try to eat like you regularly do  

Extreme Cuddler
Crew

Sparkly Sex Symbol

Daveak Shadowsword

Shadowy Mage

12,200 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 3:33 pm
SolfeggioNinja
I always have trouble with keeping my stomach in line, so I like to do crunches every morning or evening.

But it's your body, so you'd have to figure out which area you need to keep in shape in order to stay in the cosplay boundry. ^^
I have trouble with my gut. No problems with my butt, I've always had a small butt... I get that trait from my dad's side of the family.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 7:37 pm
Pretty much what everyone else has said. Crunches and squats are your friends, cardio helps to burn calories, and be sure to drink lots of water. Also, limit your intake of sweets, and stay active, and you should be fine. heart

Sepia Sunrise

Wily Flatterer

Daveak Shadowsword

Shadowy Mage

12,200 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 2:16 pm
Mirror Foe
Pretty much what everyone else has said. Crunches and squats are your friends, cardio helps to burn calories, and be sure to drink lots of water. Also, limit your intake of sweets, and stay active, and you should be fine. heart
Why hell do sweets have to be so addictive and bad for you? And why do so many things that are good for you have to be unpleasent? sad  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 9:53 pm
Nightshroud01
Mirror Foe
Why hell do sweets have to be so addictive and bad for you? And why do so many things that are good for you have to be unpleasant? sad

It's a test; always a test. gonk Though, from recently changing my dietary habits, I've found a few healthy foods that I really like. I stay away from squash soup, at all costs, though. emotion_puke

Sepia Sunrise

Wily Flatterer

Daveak Shadowsword

Shadowy Mage

12,200 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 3:33 pm
Mirror Foe
Nightshroud01
Mirror Foe
Why hell do sweets have to be so addictive and bad for you? And why do so many things that are good for you have to be unpleasant? sad

It's a test; always a test. gonk Though, from recently changing my dietary habits, I've found a few healthy foods that I really like. I stay away from squash soup, at all costs, though. emotion_puke
Ya, same here. I love peanut butter and honey sandwiches and they are supposed to be good for you according to Men's Health Magazine because the peanut butter is full of protien and gives you energy and honey eats belly fat... so I hear anyways.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 8:04 pm
Nightshroud01
SolfeggioNinja

I have trouble with my gut. No problems with my butt, I've always had a small butt... I get that trait from my dad's side of the family.

I...also have zero butt....but I have a big bust, so I feel unbalanced!
><

SolfeggioNinja

Daveak Shadowsword

Shadowy Mage

12,200 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 3:41 pm
SolfeggioNinja
Nightshroud01
SolfeggioNinja

I...also have zero butt....but I have a big bust, so I feel unbalanced!
><
Kinda like Orihime, Matsumoto, or Nel (in her adult form obviosly) from Bleach, eh? lol. Thankfully, I don't have to worry about such things as that.  
Convention Forum

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff