Welcome to Gaia! ::

~ Midnight Moon ~

Back to Guilds

~ for pagans, wiccans and witches ~ 

Tags: wiccan, witchcraft, paganism, wicca, heathenry 

Reply *~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)
Elemental Alignment...Which Am I??? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

What Element are you connected with
  Earth
  Fire
  Water
  Wind
  Spirit
View Results

RedHairjoe

2,650 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2011 6:13 pm
Salutations all!

I know that there is a huge belief of objects, energies and people corresponding to natural elements (Earth, Wind, Fire, Water and Spirit) What I was wondering is what element am I "attuned" with (for lack of a better wording) and how can you tell? And what does it mean to be matched with a certain element.

EX. If I'm fire can I shoot fire balls from my hands! O.o JK JK LOL xp  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2011 6:15 pm
When were you born?  

Sanguina Cruenta
Vice Captain

Eloquent Bloodsucker

RedHairjoe

2,650 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2011 6:18 pm
7/27/1993 I'm a Leo  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2011 6:37 pm
Leo is a fire sign. 1993 was a water year in the Chinese Zodiac.  

Sanguina Cruenta
Vice Captain

Eloquent Bloodsucker

RedHairjoe

2,650 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2011 6:40 pm
so I can choose?  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2011 6:45 pm
*shrug*  

Sanguina Cruenta
Vice Captain

Eloquent Bloodsucker

RedHairjoe

2,650 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2011 6:47 pm
that last one was a big help lol

I suppose I'm fire. Ive always seen myself as leo first and foremost.

Thanks for the help!  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2011 7:38 pm
Why are you looking to only attune with one? Why not try and learn to work with each of them well?

I'm no expert or anything- but why pick fire if say- your chart has a lot of important other elements in it?  

Esiris

Newbie Sophomore

10,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Popular Thread 100

Morgandria

Aged Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2011 9:55 pm
As Riri said...

A person is not a single element. Every element is present in the human body. A person should learn to work with all, and try to maintain balance within themselves. Being unbalanced elementally can be problematic.

Birth charts are complicated things. A person is not merely their sun sign - a multitude of planetary influences are found in a person's astrological chart. Focusing only on the sun sign is an inaccurate way to approach the way our charts express our personalities, and can lead to shallow understanding of same.

If you feel attuned to a certain element, it may be one of two things:
- You have an excess of this element.
- You have a lack of this element.

The first expresses the excess of one element over the others - you feel it constantly because it is overwhelming the others. The second attempts to rectify the lack of that element by surrounding one's self with the preferred element - increasing the elemental energy by drawing it into yourself by sympathetic action. It is very much like weather - areas of high pressure are moving constantly to fill in the areas of low pressure. There is ebb and flow.

You are, of course, the final arbiter of your own choices regarding this - but generally speaking limiting ones' self to a single element is more of a hindrance than a help to spiritual development.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 8:04 am
both of you have valid points. But I was seeing it more on the lines of some people have a particular deity they feel "closest" to in comparison for others. But as Morgandria says I could be paying to much attention to one element and not be properly finding balance with the other elements in life.

Hmmm.....so much to think about....  

RedHairjoe

2,650 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200

Esiris

Newbie Sophomore

10,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 1:07 pm
caesar821
both of you have valid points. But I was seeing it more on the lines of some people have a particular deity they feel "closest" to in comparison for others. But as Morgandria says I could be paying to much attention to one element and not be properly finding balance with the other elements in life.

I think that's because the gods have sentience- do you view the elements as being like them in that way?  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 1:21 pm
Esiris
caesar821

I think that's because the gods have sentience- do you view the elements as being like them in that way?

yes I believe that there is some entity that "oversees" the elements in the natural world. kinda like a hierarchy of sorts  

RedHairjoe

2,650 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200

Esiris

Newbie Sophomore

10,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 1:44 pm
caesar821

yes I believe that there is some entity that "oversees" the elements in the natural world. kinda like a hierarchy of sorts

What is the difference between that and a Patron Deity of an element?  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 4:24 pm
Esiris
caesar821

What is the difference between that and a Patron Deity of an element?

ummm......a good question to ask. i was thinking since i was a fire based person i was more related to it but then again a patron deity/spirit is something communicated to you by that deity so I guess I was thinking along a different line  

RedHairjoe

2,650 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200

Esiris

Newbie Sophomore

10,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 6:27 pm
caesar821
i was thinking since i was a fire based person i was more related to it but then again a patron deity/spirit is something communicated to you by that deity so I guess I was thinking along a different line

That's a pretty fast leap- from asking everyone else "What is my element?" to saying you're a "Fire based person", you know?

I know you're new- but maybe you should work on building skills that help you reason through things you're learning, so you don't buy the BS with the good stuff.

Like- if you think your Sun Sign is important when it comes to the elements, what would you do if it turned out your birth chart has more water in it?  
*~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games