Welcome to Gaia! ::

~ Midnight Moon ~

Back to Guilds

~ for pagans, wiccans and witches ~ 

Tags: wiccan, witchcraft, paganism, wicca, heathenry 

Reply *~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)
How Do You View the Gods? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

X-Yami-no-Ko-X

Hallowed Prophet

11,850 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 7:33 pm
Sanguina Cruenta
caesar821

well there is the Force. Thanks to England with recognizing Jediism and sithism as a religion (Look it up!) there's Allah in Islam, which is said to have no psychical entity. Hinduism has the Brahmin (God head) and the Yogas (yes there is more then one)

I don't think Brahmin is the same as the Holy Spirit. I think Brahmin is more like the overarching concept of God in Christianity. But a Hindu would have to correct us on that one.
Asking a Hindu.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 7:35 pm
Vlad T

some plants do have genders actually, and depending on the plant you can tell by appearance (different for different plants). They can't produce flowers or fruit without cross pollinating with plants of the opposite gender, which is caused by bees going back and forth between them, carry the pollin of the opposite gender on them. I'm sure there's several web articles on different cases of this.
That has nothing to do with gender and everything to do with sex. But sex and gender aren't the same.

Quote:
amoebas and other organisms are genderless though. I wonder if the animals that change gender wanted to, or if it just started happening to them one day. :/ that would be confusing to say the least.

They changed sex and not gender- and confusion implies higher brain function.  

Esiris

Newbie Sophomore

10,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Popular Thread 100

X-Yami-no-Ko-X

Hallowed Prophet

11,850 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 7:37 pm
Esiris
The black and white example might work with the agendered explanation- but that would imply that there is an absence of the divine in agendered idenities- and I don't really believe that.

And the color combinations might work for some 3rd gendered identities, but not all of them because a lot of them transcend gender completely.
That's true. I didn't completely think about that. Hmm... This is going to bug me now until I figure it out. Yay puzzles.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 7:39 pm
caesar821
X-Yami-no-Ko-X
caesar821
well there is the Force. Thanks to England with recognizing Jediism and sithism as a religion (Look it up!)
The US military recognizes it too. Plus there's a couple Jedi's in the M&R subforum.

i didnt know about the US military, not surprised just didnt know. England was just the first. I think it was in the late 80's early 90's
I don't know when the military started that. All I know is that when my ex found out he was all flipping out like "OMG THERE'S SOME DUDE THAT GOT JEDI ON HIS DOGTAGS!!!"  

X-Yami-no-Ko-X

Hallowed Prophet

11,850 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Timid 100

RedHairjoe

2,650 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 7:41 pm
X-Yami-no-Ko-X
caesar821
X-Yami-no-Ko-X
caesar821
well there is the Force. Thanks to England with recognizing Jediism and sithism as a religion (Look it up!)
The US military recognizes it too. Plus there's a couple Jedi's in the M&R subforum.

i didnt know about the US military, not surprised just didnt know. England was just the first. I think it was in the late 80's early 90's
I don't know when the military started that. All I know is that when my ex found out he was all flipping out like "OMG THERE'S SOME DUDE THAT GOT JEDI ON HIS DOGTAGS!!!"

I would think its pretty cool lol. i mean the guy had it serious for his tags im just saying. and where is this M&R subforum with the jedi stuff. I wanna read it  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 7:42 pm
X-Yami-no-Ko-X
That's true. I didn't completely think about that. Hmm... This is going to bug me now until I figure it out. Yay puzzles.

I leave it up to Shakespeare. "There are more things in heaven and earth..."  

Esiris

Newbie Sophomore

10,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Popular Thread 100

X-Yami-no-Ko-X

Hallowed Prophet

11,850 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 7:44 pm
caesar821
X-Yami-no-Ko-X
caesar821
X-Yami-no-Ko-X
caesar821

I would think its pretty cool lol. i mean the guy had it serious for his tags im just saying. and where is this M&R subforum with the jedi stuff. I wanna read it
Jediism 101  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 7:47 pm
Esiris
Eventually I would to. But its a good puzzle to try to work out for a while and see if it would work or not.  

X-Yami-no-Ko-X

Hallowed Prophet

11,850 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Timid 100

RedHairjoe

2,650 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 7:48 pm
X-Yami-no-Ko-X
caesar821
X-Yami-no-Ko-X
caesar821
X-Yami-no-Ko-X
caesar821

Jediism 101

much obliged smile  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 7:48 pm
X-Yami-no-Ko-X
Esiris
Eventually I would to. But its a good puzzle to try to work out for a while and see if it would work or not.

Maybe the world just doesn't fit into the gender binary- maybe there is more to divinity than the number 2.  

Esiris

Newbie Sophomore

10,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Popular Thread 100

X-Yami-no-Ko-X

Hallowed Prophet

11,850 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 7:52 pm
Esiris
Maybe the world just doesn't fit into the gender binary- maybe there is more to divinity than the number 2.
Which would have to be true. Because there's more to people and the world than just gender.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 7:55 pm
X-Yami-no-Ko-X
Esiris
Which would have to be true. Because there's more to people and the world than just gender.
If you're a hard polytheist- it isn't hard to explain. There are intersexed and gender fluid gods in mythology.  

Esiris

Newbie Sophomore

10,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Popular Thread 100

X-Yami-no-Ko-X

Hallowed Prophet

11,850 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 8:01 pm
Esiris
X-Yami-no-Ko-X
Esiris
If you're a hard polytheist- it isn't hard to explain. There are intersexed and gender fluid gods in mythology.
Which is true. I am a hard polytheist. I was trying to see it from a different view point though.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 8:22 pm
X-Yami-no-Ko-X
Which is true. I am a hard polytheist. I was trying to see it from a different view point though.

It's tricky- it's one of the things that turned me off from soft polytheism. That and what do you do about the gods who are seriously trying to destroy each other. cat_sweatdrop Or the gods that abuse each other in horrible ways.

I don't expect the gods to be perfect- but if each god is self-aware, but is part of the whole, how do you destroy yourself like that?  

Esiris

Newbie Sophomore

10,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Popular Thread 100

X-Yami-no-Ko-X

Hallowed Prophet

11,850 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 8:36 pm
Esiris
X-Yami-no-Ko-X

It's tricky- it's one of the things that turned me off from soft polytheism. That and what do you do about the gods who are seriously trying to destroy each other. cat_sweatdrop Or the gods that abuse each other in horrible ways.

I don't expect the gods to be perfect- but if each god is self-aware, but is part of the whole, how do you destroy yourself like that?
I could just never see all the gods as one. That's why I ask and try to see it from different views.

And there are people that are self destructive like that.  
*~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games