Welcome to Gaia! ::

~ Midnight Moon ~

Back to Guilds

~ for pagans, wiccans and witches ~ 

Tags: wiccan, witchcraft, paganism, wicca, heathenry 

Reply *~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)
How Do You View the Gods? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

RedHairjoe

2,650 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 7:08 pm
Esiris
caesar821

you r gonna have to consult a pro at philosophy about that one lol

They're not going to know more about your religion than you do. wink

true that. I just see as the two genders in nature. are male and female. once humans came about it got different. lol  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 7:09 pm
Esiris
caesar821

I guess you could argue in a way that they are both of the Male and Female and at the same time its on entity like 1+1=2, both male and female are the same but putting them together is something else....is that weird?

That works for people who are bigendered and maybe some people who are intersexed- but that doesn't apply to people who are agendered or lots of people who are 3rd gendered.
I don't think you can do it strictly binary(forgive my spelling I'm brainfarting). I think to get that last little bit you'd have to add a third to get the missing piece. Have a male enity, female, and 3rd gendered. And make the balance between the three.  

X-Yami-no-Ko-X

Hallowed Prophet

11,850 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Timid 100

Esiris

Newbie Sophomore

10,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 7:11 pm
caesar821
Esiris
caesar821

true that. I just see as the two genders in nature. are male and female. once humans came about it got different. lol

What gender is an amoeba? How do you tell the gender of a plant?

There's a difference between a sex and a gender too. And what about the frogs, slugs and stuff that switch sex when there aren't enough breading stock? Or what about the fact that the male sea horse births the baby sea horses?  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 7:13 pm
Esiris
caesar821
Esiris
caesar821

There's a difference between a sex and a gender too. And what about the frogs, slugs and stuff that switch sex when there aren't enough breading stock? Or what about the fact that the male sea horse births the baby sea horses?

Brain....shutting....down....over load....cant compute.......zzzzzzzzzzzz xp  

RedHairjoe

2,650 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200

Esiris

Newbie Sophomore

10,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 7:15 pm
X-Yami-no-Ko-X
Esiris
caesar821

I guess you could argue in a way that they are both of the Male and Female and at the same time its on entity like 1+1=2, both male and female are the same but putting them together is something else....is that weird?

That works for people who are bigendered and maybe some people who are intersexed- but that doesn't apply to people who are agendered or lots of people who are 3rd gendered.
I don't think you can do it strictly binary(forgive my spelling I'm brainfarting). I think to get that last little bit you'd have to add a third to get the missing piece. Have a male enity, female, and 3rd gendered. And make the balance between the three.
That wouldn't cover agendered or non-gendered.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 7:16 pm
caesar821
Esiris
caesar821
Esiris
caesar821

Don't think of it as an overload. Its food for thought. Helping you with your path.  

X-Yami-no-Ko-X

Hallowed Prophet

11,850 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Timid 100

Sanguina Cruenta
Vice Captain

Eloquent Bloodsucker

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 7:18 pm
caesar821
Sanguina Cruenta
caesar821
I believe hardly in an entity void of physical nature that started it all! I call it the Energies, this was what started the Big Bang and everything else. Its kinda like the Holy Spirit or the Force in Star Wars. It permeates all things and is apart of everything. People have worshiped it in many ways under many names depending on culture etc. etc.

Do you have some examples?

Well i suppose in the simplest way.....Its the beyond of all the religions. The holy spirit is the connection in all Christians to God and Jesus. I believe the Energies that created life keep it interconnected, sorta like the energy pyramid in an ecosystem. Predators eat lower animals for energy use. Maybe its not a perfect way to describe it but I find it difficult to explain it in great detail myself. I'm still learning about it myself.

I'm asking for specific examples. You said people worshipped it in many ways under many names... well, the Holy Spirit is one. What are some others?  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 7:19 pm
X-Yami-no-Ko-X
caesar821
Esiris
caesar821
Esiris
caesar821

Don't think of it as an overload. Its food for thought. Helping you with your path.

its always that lol  

RedHairjoe

2,650 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200

X-Yami-no-Ko-X

Hallowed Prophet

11,850 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 7:20 pm
Esiris
X-Yami-no-Ko-X
Esiris
caesar821

That wouldn't cover agendered or non-gendered.
But what if they looked at it that sometimes combining those energies cancelled them out. Or even kinda like with colors and how you get black and white. Where black is the absence of colors and white is all colors.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 7:22 pm
Sanguina Cruenta
caesar821
Sanguina Cruenta
caesar821
I believe hardly in an entity void of physical nature that started it all! I call it the Energies, this was what started the Big Bang and everything else. Its kinda like the Holy Spirit or the Force in Star Wars. It permeates all things and is apart of everything. People have worshiped it in many ways under many names depending on culture etc. etc.

Do you have some examples?

Well i suppose in the simplest way.....Its the beyond of all the religions. The holy spirit is the connection in all Christians to God and Jesus. I believe the Energies that created life keep it interconnected, sorta like the energy pyramid in an ecosystem. Predators eat lower animals for energy use. Maybe its not a perfect way to describe it but I find it difficult to explain it in great detail myself. I'm still learning about it myself.

I'm asking for specific examples. You said people worshipped it in many ways under many names... well, the Holy Spirit is one. What are some others?

well there is the Force. Thanks to England with recognizing Jediism and sithism as a religion (Look it up!) there's Allah in Islam, which is said to have no psychical entity. Hinduism has the Brahmin (God head) and the Yogas (yes there is more then one)  

RedHairjoe

2,650 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200

Sanguina Cruenta
Vice Captain

Eloquent Bloodsucker

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 7:25 pm
caesar821

well there is the Force. Thanks to England with recognizing Jediism and sithism as a religion (Look it up!) there's Allah in Islam, which is said to have no psychical entity. Hinduism has the Brahmin (God head) and the Yogas (yes there is more then one)

I don't think Brahmin is the same as the Holy Spirit. I think Brahmin is more like the overarching concept of God in Christianity. But a Hindu would have to correct us on that one.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 7:26 pm
caesar821
well there is the Force. Thanks to England with recognizing Jediism and sithism as a religion (Look it up!)
The US military recognizes it too. Plus there's a couple Jedi's in the M&R subforum.  

X-Yami-no-Ko-X

Hallowed Prophet

11,850 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Timid 100

Esiris

Newbie Sophomore

10,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 7:30 pm
X-Yami-no-Ko-X
But what if they looked at it that sometimes combining those energies cancelled them out. Or even kinda like with colors and how you get black and white. Where black is the absence of colors and white is all colors.

The black and white example might work with the agendered explanation- but that would imply that there is an absence of the divine in agendered idenities- and I don't really believe that.

And the color combinations might work for some 3rd gendered identities, but not all of them because a lot of them transcend gender completely.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 7:30 pm
Esiris
caesar821
Esiris
caesar821

some plants do have genders actually, and depending on the plant you can tell by appearance (different for different plants). They can't produce flowers or fruit without cross pollinating with plants of the opposite gender, which is caused by bees going back and forth between them, carry the pollin of the opposite gender on them. I'm sure there's several web articles on different cases of this.

amoebas and other organisms are genderless though. I wonder if the animals that change gender wanted to, or if it just started happening to them one day. :/ that would be confusing to say the least.  

Vlad T

Dapper Cultist

RedHairjoe

2,650 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 7:31 pm
X-Yami-no-Ko-X
caesar821
well there is the Force. Thanks to England with recognizing Jediism and sithism as a religion (Look it up!)
The US military recognizes it too. Plus there's a couple Jedi's in the M&R subforum.

i didnt know about the US military, not surprised just didnt know. England was just the first. I think it was in the late 80's early 90's  
*~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games