Welcome to Gaia! ::

GCD GANGSTAS

Back to Guilds

Its just that hip, yo 

Tags: Geeceedee, GCDer, Items, Plot, Awesome 

Reply Come Back Mero <33
who the ******** are you people anyway. Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Albern Puppy

Dapper Puppy

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 9:24 pm
I currently work retail as that accounting degree sits on my shelf collecting dust..... ;_;  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 9:40 pm
This is my first post in this guild.

I'm a Computer Science major switching to Linguistics. Sophomore. I like teh programmings, but the math and science reqs were gettin' me down. Of course, now I'm considering pursuing Communication Disorders/Speech Pathology after getting my BA, so...sciencetakemeback? emotion_kirakira

I regret not pursuing art professional-like. I console myself with the fact that arting is still not denied to me, and that if I pursue Speech Pathology I'll enjoy helping people.

I returned to Gaia after a four-year-or-so hiatus a couple of months ago; when I stopped Gaia-ing I'd been a member for four years.

I've had a lot of catching up to do. It's been enjoyable.  

Averyway

Dapper Gekko

Averyway

Dapper Gekko

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 9:41 pm
Albern Puppy
I currently work retail as that accounting degree sits on my shelf collecting dust..... ;_;
why is it collecting dust? Are accounting jobs hard to get in your area right now?  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 9:44 pm
Minel Te
Albern Puppy
why is it collecting dust? Are accounting jobs hard to get in your area right now?
Like most serious jobs in the area, the amount of competition is threatening. But it also comes down to my unwillingness to admit I need a better job and admittance that I just got the degree to say I have a degree.  

Albern Puppy

Dapper Puppy

Averyway

Dapper Gekko

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 9:51 pm
Albern Puppy
Like most serious jobs in the area, the amount of competition is threatening. But it also comes down to my unwillingness to admit I need a better job and admittance that I just got the degree to say I have a degree.

Even if you were looking for work in a different field, I'm under the impression a fair number of businesses and companies will primarily screen merely on whether or not applicants have a degree, rather than the actual expertise of the applicant.

Depends on the field, of course.

One thing I liked when I was going after a CS degree was that, where I'm from, virtually all CS graduates get hired straight out of college. But I decided to trade job security for being the elusive "not miserable".  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 10:21 pm
At the moment? ******** all, getting ready to move 3,000 some kilometers away. Got no trade or profession to my name, I make it day to day though none the less. It's a simple life, but I like it. You can live pretty frugal and still have money left over if you stick to the basics.  

Avia the Angel

Gaian

Rya Dracosin

Shadowy Millionaire

13,000 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Beta Citizen 0
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 10:26 pm
I'm a Kroger Cashier. I smile, run food and other goods over a sometimes faulty scanner, take cash/checks/cards/coinstar tickets, and give em back what they overpaid if anything at all.

I also run something called u-scan. I enjoy it. However, I recently found out ours are refurbished machines when we originally got them, they look like giant ...cream colored...behemoths...With weight issues (i'm always getting dinged because stuff doesn't weigh right).

Anyways, it's a decent job. :3  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 4:34 am
[Whenever you are here, i'll always be around.]

Hey everyone I'm Carla , I'm a junior in HS I want to major in English(non-teaching) in minor in journalism or political science when I go to college :]
[CarlaaEfronn Was Hereee]

Chesapeake Cannibal

Kawaii Nerd

gum disease

Carnivore

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 4:45 am
Lisha, I'm 18 and in my last year at 6th form. I er... want to study Biology or something sciencey at uni (which I'll be going to next year, since I'm taking a gap year).

I'm a serial procrastinator, sleep advocate and I love gaming. I've got a 360, PS3, Wii and my PC was built for gaming so if you want to play something with me - PLEASE ask. crying
Seriously... I've had Dead Rising 2 (xbox), sitting here unopened since my birthday...

Err, been on Gaia since 2006, went magenta in December 2011. I mostly lurk in GCD now or b***h about posting in misplaced threads/scoot them out.
Usually I'm seen as a zombie but I'm enjoying being human for now.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 5:55 am
I'm Kirsten, I'm Irish and in my first year of college studying a course called "European Studies", and I have no clue why I was invited here. Apparently it has something to do with "Something about Gino having a strange dream?" As you can no doubt tell from the rest of this introduction, I suffer from excessive verbosity. lol

My course consists of a mash-up of social and political science, European history, the "history of ideas", and two languages. The languages I'm doing are German and Russian - I just started Russian this year, but I've been learning German in some capacity since I was about 11.
I'm enjoying it, especially the mixture of course components, but having trouble managing my time, and study. Я не хорошая студенка. ):
Aside from that, I speak the Irish language, though not as well as some of my peers.

I used to be a fairly enthusiastic console gamer, but I have no tv in my college accommodation, and can't afford to buy one, so it seems like that's almost on its way to becoming an ex-hobby, ahhhh.
That aside, I enjoy reading and writing, although right now I'm writing mostly fanfiction. I like reading (at the moment mostly fantasy and detective fiction) novels, folklore and webcomics.
Luckily for everyone, I do not want to tell you about Homestuck.
I'm also a big queer, more than a little feminist, and do fundraising for Amnesty International.

I have a girlfriend of three months (so far) who is wonderful, artistically talented and intelligent. All I would change is the fact that we're both living on different sides of the Atlantic ocean. cry

Gaia-wise, I'm not as active as I used to be, haven't updated my profile in ages, and all of my avatars (practically) are fauns. I doubt you'll see me sans hooves and horns at any point.  

Lady Gyrfalcon

Dapper Ghost

7obias

Wicked Demigod

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 6:20 am
2nd year college student, studying international business communication and media science emotion_facepalm working evenings at a supermarket too  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 12:17 pm
I'm Andrea; thanks for the invite to the guild. Frankly, I have nooooo idea why I was invited here, 'cause I mainly lurk. I was reluctant to join because I always end up neglecting the guilds I'm in... When my hiatus ended, I quit almost all of the ones I was in at the time...

Almost everybody in this thread makes me feel so youuuuuung. I'm 15; I live in West Virginia, and I'm a sophomore in high school without a clue about my future. I've considered things from fashion design to creative writing to forensic science or genetics. It frustrates me... I never really like anything for more than a week, and my main ability is badassing my way through essentially meaningless tests. D:

I spend my time wearing bunny ears, reading, stage managing/making sets/freaking out for my hs theatre department, and too loudly ranting about sexual things while stuffing my face with pepperoni rolls. I'm somehow far quieter/nicer on the internet than irl.

hoekoyami

Lunatic

Unno Rokuro

Dedicated OTP

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 4:01 pm
lets see well... I'm a 23 year old who apparently looks like a 14-16 year old and lives in the coastal area in Texas
not going to school because I owe my previous college money, no vehicle to travel 4 hours to pay the money, also the college in the small town I live in now doesn't know the difference between design and programming emotion_facepalm
for now, I'm a Wal-mart cashier [my nametag says sales associate, but they always stick me on the register might as well call me a cashier with a lower pay] so my job is to get yelled at by customers who think they know better than me
my hobbies are gaia [it counts to me emotion_awesome ], crafting, sewing, and drawing
I Joined gaia in Dec. 08 didn't post much until march of '09 than hiatus than came back summer '10 posted all around
thanks for the invite also C:

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 5:50 pm
I'm an IT in the navy. It's shore duty, and just about the best damn job ever. I don't want to leave it.

I'm going to go back to college this summer. It's just easier to get a job with a degree when I get out.  

Amy Arsonist

Sylabus

Dedicated Informer

14,750 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Loiterer 100
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 6:57 pm
(the perpetual lurker posts! ho'shap!)

IRL, I'm finishing up getting my bachelor's degree in Political Science, concentrating on law. Its been 5 years in the making, mostly because in the last 1.5 years I decided on wanting to become an Optometrist (IE: eyedoctor) and have been cranking out all those pre-reqs for the programs. I'm 23 and work at a Lenscrafters. I call myself a 'jack of all nerds' cause I've got knowledge in a variety of subjects but I'm not a master of any one area. In terms of games, I play a lot of puzzle, rpgs and action games. I can costume slightly as well and take art comissions though I'm not good (coughselflesspluggingcough), if that matters.

ps: I do hang and lurk in the GCD and SF a lot, though my posting has been crappy the past few years. 04 in the house! Nice to meet you all!

PPS: Making people happy makes me happy!

Come Back Mero <33

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff