Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

:|
  :|
View Results

Morde

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 1:34 pm
The doctor said it could be nothing. Or it could be very bad.

I am terrified and spent most of yesterday after I got the phone call just crying frantically and wanting to know more. <********>  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 1:39 pm
Get another one done.

My mum's pap tests used to come back abnormal all the time, so she would have to get them done once every 3 months when she first started getting them. In the end, there was nothing wrong with her.  

paper giraffes

noramine

3,500 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 2:59 pm
My first pap was abnormal, so I had to get them done every three-six months for two years. It's good that they found it, because if it's nothing, you're fine, but if it's something, you'll be watched and you'll be able to catch something before it gets too bad. I know it's scary, but just try to breathe. Many things can bring back abnormal results.

Also if they biopsy you that s**t hurts like a b***h. Worst cramps I ever had in my life.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 3:33 pm
My first pap smear I found out I had HPV. I was super upset but my doctor assured me 80% of the time it goes away within 6 months, and if not it goes away 70% of the time in the next 6 month.

I ended up forgetting I had it because I never got any like, warts, or nothing came out of it.

When I went to get re-tested 6 months later I was completely fine.

I'm sure (and hope) you'll be alright too heart  

LeRaven

Lass Kyon

Aged Sex Symbol

8,950 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Mark Twain 100
PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 3:35 pm
Abnormal can mean anything, as I think evidenced here. Don't let yourself get too stressed. sad  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 4:15 pm
Yeah, honestly, if anything it's HPV and that s**t is so common and relatively non-dangerous despite all the fear about cervical cancer and all that. According to friends who have had it, the treatments are worse than the symptoms. Don't worry. You are entirely too young to have anything seriously wrong down there that isn't a STI.  

unfathomable

Morde

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 5:52 pm
<3 Thanks guys. I am a little less freaked now. Making an appointment to have this s**t checked out tomorrow.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 6:25 pm
Mordekins I'm sure you'll be fine bby. heart  

belfaroooo

Arianah

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 7:02 pm
Abnormal simply means "not textbook perfect". It could still, very well be normal. But if it isn't, they can do things to help fix it. And HPV is not always a cancer sentence. Shoot, one strain is being researched currently to CURE cancer. HPV is a weird little virus.

Good luck with everything. I hope it all works out just fine.  
Ladies

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games