Welcome to Gaia! ::

~ Midnight Moon ~

Back to Guilds

~ for pagans, wiccans and witches ~ 

Tags: wiccan, witchcraft, paganism, wicca, heathenry 

Reply *~Sanctuary~* (answers and advice)
Tell me I'm over reacting, so I can move on Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

HorsesOfTheNight

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 7:48 am
Dr. H. Lecter
lol
Thats why I linked the page I did, not it's sibling. It has a good bit of info... but with no sources, I'm not comfortable trusting it at face value.

Theoi is a website, I take it? I'll have to look into it.

http://www.theoi.com/Khthonios/Hekate.html

It doesn't mention her being a goddess of wisdom. My college textbook on Classical Mythology also does not mention that she is a goddess of wisdom. There is nothing wrong with that though!  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 8:00 am
Indeed - just because she's not historically associated directly with wisdom doesn't mean she's a bad deity to ask for help there ^_^

Also, it may just be me, but I get a "wisdom" vibe from chthonic concepts generally, across cultures. That's my UPG but a similar impression may be where that idea comes from.  

Sanguina Cruenta
Vice Captain

Eloquent Bloodsucker

X-Yami-no-Ko-X

Hallowed Prophet

11,850 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 12:12 pm
Dr. H. Lecter
lol
Thats why I linked the page I did, not it's sibling. It has a good bit of info... but with no sources, I'm not comfortable trusting it at face value.

Just because something has a lot of info doesn't mean that its good. I was looking over that site more and that page you linked would probably be the only page I would trust the info on.

And I'm not saying its bad to ask Her for wisdom. I was just wondering why he said that She was called a wisdom deity when I had never read that before.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 8:09 pm
Dr. H. Lecter

The Theoi Project is literally the ultimate site on Greek Mythology, the rest of us weep with envy that other cultures don't have similar resources.  

too2sweet
Captain

Tipsy Fairy

Kelsey MacAilbert

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 6:42 pm
Dr. H. Lecter
I walk a path of life, love, healing and peace. I feel the urge to punish, to banish and curse my father. I want nothing more! I want to destroy him, tear down everything he has worked to build, and leave him begging for death! My greatest desire in life is to reduce his worldly kingdom to sand, to see it blown away by the four winds! I want to send Hecates hounds to tear his flesh, want Nemesis to stalk his dreams! I want to unleash all the things of the dark, to make him suffer the way he has made my mother suffer!

I WANT HIM DEAD
I feel the same way about my father and grandmother, both of whom are lying, manipulating, and self-centered. My father also happens to be a registered sex offender (attempted rape while the woman's daughter was in the room) and my grandmother is a child molester, though I don't know the details (my mother doesn't talk about it).

I wish nothing more than slow, horribly painful death upon them, and that scares me. Not the hating them, which they deserve, but the fact that I actually want them to die painfully. Whether they deserve it is beside the fact. I'm uncomfortable that I wish that on another person.

Good luck with your attempt to forgive your dad. I understand what you're going through. I personally have no intention of ever forgiving my father or grandmother, but I can't and won't tell you whether or not to forgive your father.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 11:37 pm
The Emo Bard

Wow, thats terrible.
I... I don't have any words for it.  

Dr. H. Lecter

Dangerous Prophet

7,800 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • Member 100
*~Sanctuary~* (answers and advice)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2