Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Gabrielle_AnimalLuver
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 3:42 pm
Akari_32
Gabrielle_AnimalLuver
Wait, JRT, really? Aren't JRT's much smaller, and typically white. I can see it maybe a lil in the face, but I really wana say GSD because of the saddle and markings/colors. With a smaller short coated dog.

She's asking what mix the dog is. She said (somewhere) they knew it was a German Shepherd mix, but didn't know the other half. Thats where Jack Russel came in lol

Looked through OP again, still can't find that lol. And I find it odd to picture a GSD and a Jack doing the deed. Mother would HAVE to be GSD otherwise she wouldn't be able to give birth and how does a JRT mount a GSD. Like, I can sort of see it in the shape of the face and ears, but absolutely no where else. Plus the shape of the face could easily be a result of mixing two breeds just like "puggles" look a bit like mini boxers.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 3:47 pm
Gabrielle_AnimalLuver

Looked through OP again, still can't find that lol. And I find it odd to picture a GSD and a Jack doing the deed. Mother would HAVE to be GSD otherwise she wouldn't be able to give birth and how does a JRT mount a GSD. Like, I can sort of see it in the shape of the face and ears, but absolutely no where else. Plus the shape of the face could easily be a result of mixing two breeds just like "puggles" look a bit like mini boxers.

She edited the post and added more pictures. It was originally the first pic and then a little blurb about how they knew it was 1/2 Shepherd lol

My only answer to that would be: "Magic." rofl You get some weird combos some times lol I've seen a Pit and Dachshund mix. Cutest thing EVER (thought its still a puppy, so who knows how it'll grow up to look XD).  

Akari_32

Cowgirl-with-heart

Friendly Nerd

5,650 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 4:56 pm
Gabrielle_AnimalLuver
Akari_32
Gabrielle_AnimalLuver
Wait, JRT, really? Aren't JRT's much smaller, and typically white. I can see it maybe a lil in the face, but I really wana say GSD because of the saddle and markings/colors. With a smaller short coated dog.

She's asking what mix the dog is. She said (somewhere) they knew it was a German Shepherd mix, but didn't know the other half. Thats where Jack Russel came in lol

girl, we have a boxer chihuahua mix xD the female just has to lay down, or stand by stairs or something, and JRTs are SMART so he would figure SOMETHING out xD  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 5:53 pm
Gabrielle_AnimalLuver

I honestly don't see any GSD features...only the colouration, but many dogs have sable coats, including a variety of terriers. My old JRTxFox Terrier mix had sable colouring and she certainly wasn't part GSD.

OPs dog doesn't look very large and the body looks distinctly terrier-ish, to me.  

Skeksis

Kipluck
Crew

5,850 Points
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 2:31 pm
This reminds me. I was recently at a local pet shop that is HORRIBLE with puppy mill puppies. I know one of the scum that supplies these poor babies, too... my former roommate's sister and brother-in-law. We have reported them before (her sister, not the store, as they aren't breaking any laws), and we have TAKEN many of their puppies that they were going to either drowned or shoot and placed them. But obviously, since she is related, it is a really bad situation. ANYWAY, that is not my point.

This store is always selling "designer" dogs (aka: mutts with very high price tags and silly names) often WAY younger than they claim they are (They once were selling kittens with CLOSED EYES as "six week olds"). But last week one of their litters for sale CRACKED ME UP. The label? "Mini-Schnauzer mixes" ($900, by the way. WHISKEY TANGO? DO THEY POOP GOLD?!) So I was surprised... "mixes? No fancy name for mix like Shnoodles or Schnuggies? What are they mixed with?"

GERMAN SHEPHERDS.

Yeah, umm... $900 for a German Shepherd/"mini"Shnauzer mix? Good freaking luck, Animal Ark.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 2:44 pm
Kipluck
This reminds me. I was recently at a local pet shop that is HORRIBLE with puppy mill puppies. I know one of the scum that supplies these poor babies, too... my former roommate's sister and brother-in-law. We have reported them before (her sister, not the store, as they aren't breaking any laws), and we have TAKEN many of their puppies that they were going to either drowned or shoot and placed them. But obviously, since she is related, it is a really bad situation. ANYWAY, that is not my point.

This store is always selling "designer" dogs (aka: mutts with very high price tags and silly names) often WAY younger than they claim they are (They once were selling kittens with CLOSED EYES as "six week olds"). But last week one of their litters for sale CRACKED ME UP. The label? "Mini-Schnauzer mixes" ($900, by the way. WHISKEY TANGO? DO THEY POOP GOLD?!) So I was surprised... "mixes? No fancy name for mix like Shnoodles or Schnuggies? What are they mixed with?"

GERMAN SHEPHERDS.

Yeah, umm... $900 for a German Shepherd/"mini"Shnauzer mix? Good freaking luck, Animal Ark.

ohhhh my wow  

kristyd20

Pets & Animals Main Forum

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas