Welcome to Gaia! ::

Yu-Gi-Oh! Duellists of Gaia

Back to Guilds

YDoG is an all TCG guild for all duellists. We also cover the entire Yu-Gi-Oh! games, shows, manga and RPG. 

Tags: Yugioh, Tournament, Duel, Trading Card Game, Anime 

Reply Domino City
Question involving Hope Ray

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

B1g_crunch

Questionable Loiterer

8,800 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 3:28 pm
For its OCG/TCG effect, it says that it requires 3 level 4 LIGHT monsters, but Hope can be used as 1 of them. Assuming the Hope being used has both overlay units attached, do they go to the graveyard when Hope becomes an overlay unit, or does Hope Ray have 5 overlay units?  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 3:47 pm
5? <_<
But no, they are all considered as separate overlay units. So if you use Utopia, the other two attached to Utopia stay with Utopia Ray. They don't follow Utopia to the graveyard.

[I wish they kept his name as Hope. emo
it sounds so much better...]

R e M i x loid

Zero Hiru
Captain

Unforgiving Hunter

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 10:12 pm
Labyrinthknight63
For its OCG/TCG effect, it says that it requires 3 level 4 LIGHT monsters, but Hope can be used as 1 of them. Assuming the Hope being used has both overlay units attached, do they go to the graveyard when Hope becomes an overlay unit, or does Hope Ray have 5 overlay units?
The effect is a rough translation and probably should read like this, "If you control "Number 39: Utopia": You can Xyz Summon this card by using that monster as an Xyz Material instead." Until an official ruling is given, i think remix is right and when you use Utopia, he and his materials will become the materials of Utopia Ray.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 12:53 am
Zero Hiru
Labyrinthknight63
The effect is a rough translation and probably should read like this, "If you control "Number 39: Utopia": You can Xyz Summon this card by using that monster as an Xyz Material instead." Until an official ruling is given, i think remix is right and when you use Utopia, he and his materials will become the materials of Utopia Ray.

^ This ^  

Yusaru

Domino City

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces