Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dolphin Mania v2

Back to Guilds

Always at the leading edge of Booty Grab! 

Tags: Booty Grab, Dolphin Mania, Panda, Penguin, Rick James 

Reply Dolphin Mania v2
derp Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Darkness ll Angel

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:52 am
saint alya
Darkness ll Angel
saint alya
If what I'm hearing is right, shouldn't he beat himself up over it? I'm more curious about what on earth he was thinking than hearing his grovelling.

Also, the message did seem very suspicious. Caused me not to click the links. May have felt bad myself, if I did. Kinda causes everyone involved to feel bad, the target, and all those who unwittingly took part.

Have you never made a mistake and then deeply regretted it? I'm not directly defending him, but he actually realises his mistake, feels terrible about it (not to mention feeling like the whole guild - which he probably considers a sort-of home - is now against him) and is attempting to rectify the issue at hand. That alone is punishment enough in my opinion.

I understand you. Unfortunately on the internet, it's harder to know whether someone actually feels bad because there's a slew of social cues that're missing from conversation. And, I honestly don't know the guy. That's why I'd rather ask what went through his mind than anything else.

Oh, I completely agree and I don't know him either. That's a good question too, but he's getting enough hate messages as it is. We should try suggesting ways to improve the situation rather than add to it from my point of view though. What's done is done.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:59 am
Darkness ll Angel
saint alya
Darkness ll Angel
saint alya
If what I'm hearing is right, shouldn't he beat himself up over it? I'm more curious about what on earth he was thinking than hearing his grovelling.

Also, the message did seem very suspicious. Caused me not to click the links. May have felt bad myself, if I did. Kinda causes everyone involved to feel bad, the target, and all those who unwittingly took part.

Have you never made a mistake and then deeply regretted it? I'm not directly defending him, but he actually realises his mistake, feels terrible about it (not to mention feeling like the whole guild - which he probably considers a sort-of home - is now against him) and is attempting to rectify the issue at hand. That alone is punishment enough in my opinion.

I understand you. Unfortunately on the internet, it's harder to know whether someone actually feels bad because there's a slew of social cues that're missing from conversation. And, I honestly don't know the guy. That's why I'd rather ask what went through his mind than anything else.

Oh, I completely agree and I don't know him either. That's a good question too, but he's getting enough hate messages as it is. We should try suggesting ways to improve the situation rather than add to it from my point of view though. What's done is done.
Then in the spirit of being productive, it would be good for him to explain and formally apologize to the target of his attack through public means. If he hasn't yet, anyway?  

saint alya

Girl-Crazy Fairy

7,500 Points
  • Overstocked 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Nudist Colony 200

Darkness ll Angel

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 11:06 am
saint alya
Darkness ll Angel
saint alya
Darkness ll Angel
saint alya

Then in the spirit of being productive, it would be good for him to explain and formally apologize to the target of his attack through public means. If he hasn't yet, anyway?

He has apologised. I'm unsure if it was publicly, but the staff members of that thread had said he apologised. I was doing some in-depth research, so yeah. They don't seem to have anything against him now, but at least he's putting effort in to get the votes up.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 11:17 am
I am glad I did not click those links... and I see some people are saying "don't beat yourself up over it"

I would be very ashamed!!! infact... as a member of this guild i AM ashamed... and as such... i will be leaving...

All i see on here anymore... is spam... it's really pointless to be a member here anymore sorry
This was really just the icing on the cake  

Phoenix_soarys

Romantic Hunter

10,275 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • The Wolf Within 100

Ellteo

Snarky Investigator

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 11:23 am
I'm not particularly dissapointed in him, really. He wasn't thinking. Everyone makes mistakes, and he made one. The real thing to dwell on here, is that he is trying to remedy what he did. Most people wouldn't. Think of all the people he knew who are dissapointed in him? Think of all the people who will--or have--left because of this? If it were me, I'd feel absolutely terrible, and ashamed, and so guilty.......I find that to be reason enough to stop hating on him. Instead, shouldn't we make sure he does all in his power to help? We, as the members of the group he most likely calls home shouldn't be hating on him, but instead shouldn't we be helping him? As a team, maybe thinking up suggestions?
Like, I think he should keep a small update on their thread, and once the time comes where he can once again add a 'Like' to their thread, he should post an annoucement with a link to their thread, asking people to 'please like this thread'. Then, he should, with the help from others, make some threads asking around the please like their thread.

I encourage you guys to forgive what he did, I can't say I know him personally but, really, I do think he's sorry. I'd rather fix this, then have people dwell on it. ^^;  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 11:24 am
Darkness ll Angel

He has apologised. I'm unsure if it was publicly, but the staff members of that thread had said he apologised. I was doing some in-depth research, so yeah. They don't seem to have anything against him now, but at least he's putting effort in to get the votes up.

Great. I didn't see that he'd done that. Do you have a link to the thread? I might just like it.  

saint alya

Girl-Crazy Fairy

7,500 Points
  • Overstocked 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Nudist Colony 200

Darkness ll Angel

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 11:32 am
saint alya
Darkness ll Angel

Great. I didn't see that he'd done that. Do you have a link to the thread? I might just like it.

Thread. I can't remember which pages I saw the discussion on though.  
Dolphin Mania v2

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff