Victorian Kim for a day

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

K i m z y

Cold Snowflake

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 8:12 am
As you all already know or you may not know, I visited my uncle's girlfriend's house on Friday and stayed there until Sunday.

I went to a place called ChatsWorth House and went inside a massive victorian building. I was really impressed and at the same time it almost felt eery knowing that people from the Victorian days would have sat in that dining room I visited, slept in that bedroom that I visited. It was all very surreal.

Anyway, I visited the Victorian bedroom and you could dress up in old Victorian clothes. I picked a dress and a maids dress. Here are the results.

I was the only one willing enough to dress up. Everyone else were embarrassed. Why? It's all a bit of fun! I certainly didn't care what I looked like. lol

User Image

User Image

User Image

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

It was a lot of fun becoming Victorian for a day. What a memory to never forget!  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 10:49 am
I think it looks like fun and would have been right there with you dressing up!
The Victorian era fascinates me. I love read Historical-Fiction books in that era <3

jesusgirl115

Dangerous Friend

8,050 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300

MadamoiselleMorganne

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 11:47 am
I cannot believe nobody else wanted to dress up! I would love to do something like that.

You got some great pics from the event too. I love seeing fashion from other time periods  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 10:33 pm
Cool.That's awsum love clothes from Victorian Era too. biggrin biggrin 4laugh 4laugh  

icecream-dreams

flauterfli

Gekko

3,700 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 5:25 pm
Lovely dresses!

Reminds me of when we used to get dressed up for old timey salon photos at the fair, except with much more class. c;

How odd that no one else dressed up. Maybe they were too fat? :c

(jk, jk..)

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 7:13 pm
a lot of the clothing from that time period are just stunning but realistically speaking, I wouldn't last a day in the Victorian Era. the corsets ALONE would kill me!  

StrayKit

Kitalpha Hart

Feline Phantom

9,500 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 7:17 pm
ok, for a photo shoot or something where it's a few hours or a day at most, year, i'll wear them. day in, day out? not so much :/
you make a pretty maid ou o  
30. ✿ - - - Pictures And Photography

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff