Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Back to Guilds

Our goal is to spread awareness of, lessen unwarranted hatred of, and create a safe haven for the LGBTQ community and their allies. 

Tags: Gay Straight Alliance, LGBT, homosexual, straight, transgender 

Reply The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance
Could someone help me with this?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

SadaKiyo

Streaker

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 3:24 pm
Okay, so I was asked on a date yesterday by one of my closer friends. I didn't know he was actually bi till that day (which made me absolutely happy, since I have had a crush on him since god knows how long.) Well I asked my mother for money (broke teen is broke) and she asked why and I told her that I was gonna go on a date today and she said "oh so you still think you're gay?" So my mother still doesn't believe me and I really don't know what to do. Like my mother doesn't hate me for it nor is she against me being gay. Its just she doesn't believe me but she went around and told my family (including my Brother, My homophobic stepdad and other homophobes in my family)

So I dunno what to do because frankly it is annoying the hell out of me that my mother still doesn't believe me...  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 4:14 pm
Fuuta De La Stella

So I dunno what to do because frankly it is annoying the hell out of me that my mother still doesn't believe me...

BSPBleach

Proxy Gaian

8,000 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

..s.k.i.t.t.l.e.s..

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 4:51 pm
As long as you know. I doubt that
it matters. Your parents are never
going to get it. They are not you.
So if they don't want to believe you,
that is their prerogative. You know
who you are and everything else is
just kosher.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 5:14 pm
Yeah, just go on doing what you do. You mom might start believing you the more she sees you go on dates.  

Crazy_Evil_Mother7

Ferocious Sweetheart

Esiris

Newbie Sophomore

10,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 5:19 pm
Being gay means that there's a life of struggle for acceptance, second class citizenship and all kinds of rough things. No parent wants to see that for their kid- so instead of fighting against the stuff that makes for hardship, it's a lot easier to be in denial.
Hopefully she'll come around.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 12:54 pm
My parents think im going through a phase too, even though i've only dated girls since 8th grade, and was even with one for around 2 years >__< You can either try talking to her, and make her realize that its not a phase, or you can just ignore it, since she'll have to accept reality eventually. On the bright side, at least shes not being super homophobic.  

shares_stomach_acid

neko-mata-01

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 10:19 am
i agree with skittles.
i dont know how to help with the money though sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 11:24 am
Your mother doesn't know what's going on inside your head. She has no right to think you're just going through a phase. If you told her you're gay, she should just believe it.  

finfageek

Silver Sage-General

8,225 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 4:58 pm
Pssh dude start making out with the guy and let her walk in during that.

blaugh She'll have to believe it then!  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 6:59 pm
Silver Sage-General

Sweetie, my mother's reasoning for me being in a phase is because I haven't ******** a girl yet...nor do I plan on it.  

SadaKiyo

Streaker

SadaKiyo

Streaker

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 10:29 pm
finfageek
Your mother doesn't know what's going on inside your head. She has no right to think you're just going through a phase. If you told her you're gay, she should just believe it.

Yea, I know. But I mean that it wouldn't annoy me if it she didn't go around and tell my family but then say that it is a phase...  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 10:30 pm
Fuuta De La Stella
finfageek

Yea, I know. But I mean that it wouldn't annoy me if it she didn't go around and tell my family but then say that it is a phase...
Yeah, she also doesn't have the right to do that. That's just ridiculous.  

finfageek

SadaKiyo

Streaker

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 10:32 pm
finfageek
Fuuta De La Stella
finfageek

Yeah, she also doesn't have the right to do that. That's just ridiculous.

Yea, I know she doesn't.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 12:31 am
She will realize that it isnt a phase, shes just in denial. Give her some time to come to terms with your sexual orientation. As for making money there are TONS of ways to make money! Unless you want to keep it legal, doing that sugnificantly lowers the way you can make money.
((Sorry about my spelling, its like midnight and im not awake yet))  

LolaCarstairs

Silver Sage-General

8,225 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 1:47 am
Fuuta De La Stella
Silver Sage-General

Sweetie, my mother's reasoning for me being in a phase is because I haven't ******** a girl yet...nor do I plan on it.

Hmmm quite a pickle. Ah well let her think what she wants.  
The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games