Welcome to Gaia! ::

Yu-Gi-Oh! Duellists of Gaia

Back to Guilds

YDoG is an all TCG guild for all duellists. We also cover the entire Yu-Gi-Oh! games, shows, manga and RPG. 

Tags: Yugioh, Tournament, Duel, Trading Card Game, Anime 

Reply Domino City
Dueling Network and Top Tier decks. STOP THE SPAMMING! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Should the Top Tier decks be banned?
  Yes
  No
View Results

Yusaru

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 12:06 am
First Off, I wanna Clear any misunderstanding....Early on I was just ranting cuz I faced three Decks EXACTLY alike....I'm not saying they shouldn't use them....I was just a bit annoyed...I beat two of them, so it wasn't an issue of losing to them. I agree with Amensu, GM and MLS for the fact that they are good to learn with....But I would like to see some differences between the "three" decks. I don't truly want Top tier decks banned, cuz that takes the challenge away....Just make them a little different from eachother, once you get the hang of the game.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 12:49 am
Yusaru
First Off, I wanna Clear any misunderstanding....Early on I was just ranting cuz I faced three Decks EXACTLY alike....I'm not saying they shouldn't use them....I was just a bit annoyed...I beat two of them, so it wasn't an issue of losing to them. I agree with Amensu, GM and MLS for the fact that they are good to learn with....But I would like to see some differences between the "three" decks. I don't truly want Top tier decks banned, cuz that takes the challenge away....Just make them a little different from eachother, once you get the hang of the game.

people tend to do that as they progress, as they see weakness in a deck they try to cover that up as best as possible without weakening the deck overall, so most likely the people you played were either new, haven't noticed any weaknesses or any possible ways to improve it yet, or are just net deckers....  

Tsukinoki

zetricky

7,600 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 4:30 am
Lol guys chill. Let's just respect everyone's opinions. smile
We all do have our own perspectives in dueling and other stuff.

As for mine, I believe there's nothing wrong with using top tier decks even though they tend to be redundant. I don't think a duelist would ever use a deck if he/she's not having fun running it. Sure some may build/copy a deck just to win but isn't it that we also find joy in tasting victory, am I right? So we do have fun running a winning deck. Our opponents may not find it amusing but what matters more is we are happy with the 40 cards we play with.

As for net decks, they do lack some originality but like what others said, we could always brainstorm our own strategies and tactics out of it and in the end, build our own deck. (unless you're really a netdecker who has no intention of changing it at all! scream )
I find it very sad but netdeckers do have the right to do that. There's no law that stops em. Whenever you post your deck recipe or just simply duel on the network, remember that there's always a chance of your deck getting copied especially if it's really that amazing.

As for Raika Fury, I'm sorry to hear that you got banned. That was not fair in your part to face a majority alone. They called your deck cheap and insulting but have you ever thought of that calling their decks cheap and insulting too would make you any different to them? I suppose not. I don't have the right to judge and if you find this offending, then my apologies in advance. I do respect your opinion too and you are entitled to express em. I'm just here to give you advice that you don't have to do bad stuff on people if they do bad stuff to you. Stay on the good side bro!

If you want to fight back concerning a children's card game, then don't go back to the dueling network fighting with harsh words. Fight with your deck!
(Make a new account or something?)

Well that's all I have to say I guess. I'm not getting biased with anyone. Everyone has good points that I agree with. Like what's written above, respect everyone's perspective. You may support what you believe but like what Mustard said, understand others too. Don't get this stuff too personal and out of hand. Peace out! biggrin  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 6:37 am
Wow... Things got fairly heated in here, but then calmed down. At least it's over for the time being. I think it's clear that both sides of this feel very strongly about their opinion. I don't think we're going to get anywhere. A discussion like this is very obvious on what the bottom line is: IT'S ALL IN THE OPINION!! 3nodding  

Amensu Saje
Crew

6,950 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Citizen 200

Sloan Steeler

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 2:06 pm
zetricky

As for mine, I believe there's nothing wrong with using top tier decks even though they tend to be redundant. I don't think a duelist would ever use a deck if he/she's not having fun running it. Sure some may build/copy a deck just to win but isn't it that we also find joy in tasting victory, am I right? So we do have fun running a winning deck. Our opponents may not find it amusing but what matters more is we are happy with the 40 cards we play with.

As for net decks, they do lack some originality but like what others said, we could always brainstorm our own strategies and tactics out of it and in the end, build our own deck. (unless you're really a netdecker who has no intention of changing it at all! scream )
I find it very sad but netdeckers do have the right to do that. There's no law that stops em. Whenever you post your deck recipe or just simply duel on the network, remember that there's always a chance of your deck getting copied especially if it's really that amazing.

As for Raika Fury, I'm sorry to hear that you got banned. That was not fair in your part to face a majority alone. They called your deck cheap and insulting but have you ever thought of that calling their decks cheap and insulting too would make you any different to them? I suppose not. I don't have the right to judge and if you find this offending, then my apologies in advance. I do respect your opinion too and you are entitled to express em. I'm just here to give you advice that you don't have to do bad stuff on people if they do bad stuff to you. Stay on the good side bro!

If you want to fight back concerning a children's card game, then don't go back to the dueling network fighting with harsh words. Fight with your deck!

Well that's all I have to say I guess. I'm not getting biased with anyone. Everyone has good points that I agree with. Like what's written above, respect everyone's perspective. You may support what you believe but like what Mustard said, understand others too. Don't get this stuff too personal and out of hand. Peace out! biggrin

Well said!! Three thumbs up! biggrin  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 5:28 pm
I thing yugioh is in a nosedive and nowhere near a soft landing. Cards are just getting stronger and stronger. Soon, it will be the player who goes first wins. They won't have to many places go after a few more seasons.

They could fix this by leveling out now and don't let cards get any stronger, put a value to cards and a total for a deck or make phases and ban every card made in older seasons. Netdecking wouldn't be a problem if yugioh still took more then rare cards to win.

I remember when season 1 of yugioh came out and how I built decks before using my rare cards. I used nothing but commons at first and I could beat decks that cost ten times what my deck was worth. After finding the pattern of ultra rare deck a budget deck player could own a money deck. To bad it couldn't beat other budget decks. XP  

Shahal Rainrix

King Codger

14,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Alchemy Level 5 100

Tsukinoki

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 12:33 am
zetricky

most mature person in the guild... XD  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 8:26 pm
Raika Fury
I was banned from dueling Network because Im pissed off that everyone....EVERYONE!!!!!! is using a top tier deck.
Who wants to go on the Dueling Network and face against the same cheap strategy over and over and over and over and over!?
Grave Keepers, Six Samurais, Scrap Dragon, hell all Synchros! All cheap and insulting cards! Who remembers when it took work to get your strongest monster on the field?!
Top Tier decks are decks that win because there is one think that they do that allows the user to destroy anything they want with little to no cost. Its to easy to beat your opponent down with these. In real life these cards are hard to get but on Dueling network they are everywhere.
You know what I call Top Tier decks? Copy and Paste or Mass produced!
Who is with me saying that the people on Dueling Network need to be more original and make their own deck instead of these spammed cards?

popular decks annoy me too Dx if you want to beat them you need decks
they don't know such as things like
crystal beasts or plant decks

im sure you will agree the cheapest bullshit card is red eyes darkness metal dragon
am i right!?  

I_am_Dark_Link

Staticman_09

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 10:42 am
Now, correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the tier system set up for this exact reason? These decks are top tier because they win duels on a very competitive level, yes? That's what they are created for. So if one doesn't want to fight decks such as these, then one should simply say they don't want to fight top tier decks. As for originality is concerned, decks like these are not worried about being the most original. They are simply built to win. Yes the argument can be said that each deck is built to win, and it's true, but on different levels, hence why we have tiers.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 1:50 pm
Raika Fury
I was banned from dueling Network because Im pissed off that everyone....EVERYONE!!!!!! is using a top tier deck.
Who wants to go on the Dueling Network and face against the same cheap strategy over and over and over and over and over!?
Grave Keepers, Six Samurais, Scrap Dragon, hell all Synchros! All cheap and insulting cards! Who remembers when it took work to get your strongest monster on the field?!
Top Tier decks are decks that win because there is one think that they do that allows the user to destroy anything they want with little to no cost. Its to easy to beat your opponent down with these. In real life these cards are hard to get but on Dueling network they are everywhere.
You know what I call Top Tier decks? Copy and Paste or Mass produced!
Who is with me saying that the people on Dueling Network need to be more original and make their own deck instead of these spammed cards?

I get where you're coming from, but people have the right to use top tier decks. In REAL LIFE I have a kickass Six Samurai deck, but I liked the samurai BEFORE they became a tier 0 deck. I will defend my deck because it was in construction before Legendary Six Samurai Shi En came out, or any of the good support cards. Also, I run a few other decks too, and some aren't great. One of my fave decks is my Spirit deck, but it's actually kinda crap sweatdrop the point is that the game isn't for winning, but for fun. And one more thing - it's a card GAME, not a card "life-or-death" situation. Stop worrying about it razz  

ganchroi

Benevolent Lunatic

13,150 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Lavish Tipper 200
Domino City

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers