XemryXIII
Crew

Dapper Prophet

3,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 2:37 am
so, I'm trying to put together a new look and revamp my style...

Here's what I'm trying to get:

Vintage Old Civil War military naval officer Jacket (Black)
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Collarless Black Dress Shirt

Relaxed Cargo Jeans

Enamel Leather Velcro Straps High Top Sneakers

price together on ebay, the essential parts of this look would equal approximately $227

what do you guys think?  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 2:42 am
Erm... You would spend more on that one outfit than 80% of my closet. and all my cloths are finely made silk dresses and nylon-sewed leather shoes(I'm allergic to cotton.))  

Quiet Marionette

Hardcore Nymph

14,700 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Hygienic 200

Papurusuta

4,250 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 3:03 am
dont get the coat it looks kinda gay on the modles (no offense) tbh for the rest it looks nice dress s**t + tan + muscle = hot fan girls (-cough-expierence-cough-)  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 1:21 pm
Jynxy The Cat
Erm... You would spend more on that one outfit than 80% of my closet. and all my cloths are finely made silk dresses and nylon-sewed leather shoes(I'm allergic to cotton.))

well the price is flexable, except for the jacket.
I rethought the shoes and pants because I can find something similar to the pants in stores and I can substitute the shoes.

that leaves the jacket and the shirt.  

XemryXIII
Crew

Dapper Prophet

3,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

aamiller321

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 10:07 am
Agreed, the jacket is a bit odd.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 9:43 pm
aamiller321
Agreed, the jacket is a bit odd.

yup, I know...

but so am I.
I make a lot of odd clothes work well together 3nodding

I also like having clothes that are so unique to my sense of style that no one can bite my style.  

XemryXIII
Crew

Dapper Prophet

3,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Epsiloth

Captain

Dangerous Genius

14,200 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Waffles! 25
PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:51 am

~ The deepest definition of youth...

╔═x═X═x═X═x═X═x═X═x═X═x═X═x═X═x═X═x═X═x═X═x═╗

i love the black jacket, but i'd like it more with silver trimmings instead of gold.
the shirt looks good but it gets old fast.
pants, you sure can get those in other place, very similar (or even better) for a lower price and the shoes... nah. i like the style, but not so good for leather Xp. kinda pseudo-gothic-ish =/

good stuff Xem! X3

UP for the ODD yeeeii!!! xD

╚════x═X═x═X═x═X═x═X═x═X═x═X═x═X═x═X═x═X═x═X═x═══╝

...is life as yet untouched by tragedy ~
PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2011 6:37 pm
Epsiloth

i love the black jacket, but i'd like it more with silver trimmings instead of gold.
the shirt looks good but it gets old fast.
pants, you sure can get those in other place, very similar (or even better) for a lower price and the shoes... nah. i like the style, but not so good for leather Xp. kinda pseudo-gothic-ish =/

good stuff Xem! X3

UP for the ODD yeeeii!!! xD

thanks shan! mrgreen

the shirt is part of a pretty extensive collection.

if I ever get my hands on $1000, i'm gonna get the entire collection  

XemryXIII
Crew

Dapper Prophet

3,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Epsiloth

Captain

Dangerous Genius

14,200 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Waffles! 25
PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2011 9:06 pm
XemryXIII
thanks shan! mrgreen

the shirt is part of a pretty extensive collection.

if I ever get my hands on $1000, i'm gonna get the entire collection

hahahah aiming high!! xD lol well thats good.
if i had the money ofc i would spend it on cute awesome gothic clothes <3..
-sigh- but im poor and im a physiotherapist no less, so i have to conform with a pair of jeans and comfy shirts Xp

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 4:29 pm
Sooo...
I decided to go with a different shirt from the collection...and I got it!

User Image

User Image

I would like to think I would make a decent clothing model...if I could take full body shots with my phone xd
I ordered another shirt as well, and I plan to get the jacket next week.

all-in-all, I say mission accomplished!
Project New Age Retro will go along as planned this Fall 3nodding  

XemryXIII
Crew

Dapper Prophet

3,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Tsiklop

Dapper Humorist

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 10:01 pm
lookin hot, xem ;c  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 9:52 pm
Fabulous Dahling
lookin hot, xem ;c

Why, thank you... mrgreen  

XemryXIII
Crew

Dapper Prophet

3,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Lady Bun Buns

4,550 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 12:34 am
Xemmys always been a little cutiee ! xD

I like the jacket, I actually do. Its not looking gayyy. I do actually think its looking a bit on the thin side? Throw in a little b***h a starch or a thicker stiff jacket, yknow.. Make it look like a jacket the a shirt the badabinnng it shalll doooo. XD

The shirt is looking a bit like you walked out of an anime or a Jap-Drama, its cool, whatever. Maybe get a looser fit? Yknow, get it a size bigger. So it still has it shape, it still comes in a little tight in the middle, still has it style, but has a looser, less restraining look to it.

The pants, Xem, you can that anywhere. XD Any pants shall do, I actually think that LIGHTER will do more justice. Or get the same color blue jeans but less of a green hue to it, if ya know what I mean. XD Or mayber darker jeans. Like on the dark side. With hm... A bit grunge to it. Like it doesnt look super new but actually on the ninties side. Like you already worn it out, has a bit of rips of tears, comfortable to the touch, but still new and still in tact. XD

The shoes? Nooooo hunnay no vit da shoez, dey have GOTA go. *gay paw wave* XD I see what youre feelin, I know what youre going for. But the shine? *shakes head viciously, imaginary slits my neck and puts a gun to my head* NO SHINE. NO. I will not let you do this Xem. XD I cant! I wont. Ohh *clutches heart and staggers* Sorry, my theatrical costumer side is coming in. XD What you need is combat boots. See, it already goes with the jacket. XD

One example:

Have it dull, grunged out look perhaps?
Im sure your legs arent this scrawny but its about Yeigh High?

It still has that kick a** look, but in a simple less obnoxious way, ya feel me? Youre lucky, if you actually are into these shoes, then you can get it for a good price online. Because men shoes are cheap. See these kinda boots are trending for women, s**t, I got my Doc martin brand shoes for a hundred and change. Dont do that s**t, dont do brand its a waste. You can find a good price online. I wear my combat boots with my black dresses all the time, or skinny jeans, and I love how these ones cost just about 30 and change. You just have to look.

*breathes in and breathes out*
If you dont believe me check my resume, I am head of the costume department of my fine arts school. I make costumes for plays and personal for other reason.. I know my business. But here ye, Here ye. I am a costumer, not a designer.. So, I shouldnt brag afterall. XD

*breathes in and holds "FIN" card* XD

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 4:43 pm
Lady Bun Buns
Xemmys always been a little cutiee ! xD

I like the jacket, I actually do. Its not looking gayyy. I do actually think its looking a bit on the thin side? Throw in a little b***h a starch or a thicker stiff jacket, yknow.. Make it look like a jacket the a shirt the badabinnng it shalll doooo. XD

The shirt is looking a bit like you walked out of an anime or a Jap-Drama, its cool, whatever. Maybe get a looser fit? Yknow, get it a size bigger. So it still has it shape, it still comes in a little tight in the middle, still has it style, but has a looser, less restraining look to it.

The pants, Xem, you can that anywhere. XD Any pants shall do, I actually think that LIGHTER will do more justice. Or get the same color blue jeans but less of a green hue to it, if ya know what I mean. XD Or mayber darker jeans. Like on the dark side. With hm... A bit grunge to it. Like it doesnt look super new but actually on the ninties side. Like you already worn it out, has a bit of rips of tears, comfortable to the touch, but still new and still in tact. XD

The shoes? Nooooo hunnay no vit da shoez, dey have GOTA go. *gay paw wave* XD I see what youre feelin, I know what youre going for. But the shine? *shakes head viciously, imaginary slits my neck and puts a gun to my head* NO SHINE. NO. I will not let you do this Xem. XD I cant! I wont. Ohh *clutches heart and staggers* Sorry, my theatrical costumer side is coming in. XD What you need is combat boots. See, it already goes with the jacket. XD

One example:

Have it dull, grunged out look perhaps?
Im sure your legs arent this scrawny but its about Yeigh High?

It still has that kick a** look, but in a simple less obnoxious way, ya feel me? Youre lucky, if you actually are into these shoes, then you can get it for a good price online. Because men shoes are cheap. See these kinda boots are trending for women, s**t, I got my Doc martin brand shoes for a hundred and change. Dont do that s**t, dont do brand its a waste. You can find a good price online. I wear my combat boots with my black dresses all the time, or skinny jeans, and I love how these ones cost just about 30 and change. You just have to look.

*breathes in and breathes out*
If you dont believe me check my resume, I am head of the costume department of my fine arts school. I make costumes for plays and personal for other reason.. I know my business. But here ye, Here ye. I am a costumer, not a designer.. So, I shouldnt brag afterall. XD

*breathes in and holds "FIN" card* XD

thanks bunneh! mrgreen

I got the shirts a size bigger, like the people over at doublju recommended and it fits perfectly. I was gonna go get some jeans probably tomorrow sometime and just last week I found some boots that look just like the black ones you posted, but I didn't have the cash at the time crying . I actually gotta get 2 pairs of boots (1 pair to wear, another pair for band) and they were just $20 so, as soon as payday hits they're MINE! twisted  

XemryXIII
Crew

Dapper Prophet

3,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Lady Bun Buns

4,550 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300