Welcome to Gaia! ::

Yu-Gi-Oh! Duellists of Gaia

Back to Guilds

YDoG is an all TCG guild for all duellists. We also cover the entire Yu-Gi-Oh! games, shows, manga and RPG. 

Tags: Yugioh, Tournament, Duel, Trading Card Game, Anime 

Reply Deck Database
Anti-Summon/Stun Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

On a scale of 1 to 5, 5 being the highest, how would you rate it?
View Results

Aporeia

Shameless Mystic

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 4:20 pm
Made it nearly from scratch. I've been tweaking and changing it over the course of this whole month, so if it seems obscure, its because I put a lot of thought into all of it. It will change once again after SD2011, and perhaps even before that.

Comments and suggestions are appreciated.

Monsters: 20 (can't seem to keep it below here without dualities)

3x Raioh
2x Cydra
2x DDWL
2x Doomcal
2x Breaker
2x Fossil Dyna
2x Snowman Eater
1x Grand Mole
1x Sazank
1x Honest
1x Veiler
1x Gale

Spells: 9

Dark Hole
Reborn
Trunade
Book of Moon
Nobleman
2x Smashing Ground
2x MST

Traps: 11

1x Royal Oppression
1x Solemn Judment
2x Solemn Warning
1x Mirror Force
1x Torrential
2x Bottomless
3x Dimensional Prison

Extra: 15

2x Chimeratech
1x Dark End Dragon
1x Colossal Fighter
1x Avenging Knight Parshath
1x Stardust Dragon
1x Black Rose Dragon
1x Gungnir
1x Ancient Fairy Dragon
1x Blackwing - Armor Master
1x Brionac
1x Gaia Knight
1x Urquizas
1x Catastor
1x Shooting Star

Side: 15

1x Mask of Restrict
1x Shadow Imprisoning Mirror
1x Gorz
2x Pulling the Rug
3x Chain Disappearance
3x Puppet Plant
2x Ally of Justice Core Destroyer
2x Consecrated Light  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 4:27 pm
Compulsory Evacuation Device, Triggered Summon, Double Summon(: I dunno if that's with your style but those are the cards that came to mind  

Thought Ruler Archfiend

Aporeia

Shameless Mystic

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 4:31 pm
Trey Dorien
Compulsory Evacuation Device, Triggered Summon, Double Summon(: I dunno if that's with your style but those are the cards that came to mind
I've got enough monster hate to handle anything right now, so CED would be overkill. Some decks need it, this one does not.

As for the other two, they don't really help me. I have no issue with how fast my monsters hit the field, this isn't at all a swarm deck. I really don't plan on having more than 1 monster on the field at any time. Too easy to get dark holed, mirror forced, or torrential'd, and lose card advantage.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 4:34 pm
Truue razz You're good!! Well, I tried  

Thought Ruler Archfiend

American Underdog

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 4:39 pm
Seems solid. I'd suggest a forbbiden chalice.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 4:48 pm
Trey Dorien
Truue razz You're good!! Well, I tried
I've been playing at tournament for quite a while now. It's a pretty specific environment. For people who don't do it so much, I'll probably sound like a know-it-all jerk when I try to correct people, so sorry if I came off that way.

It took me a long time to get to where I am now, and I've got quite a way to go.  

Aporeia

Shameless Mystic

Aporeia

Shameless Mystic

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 4:49 pm
iFayl
That or another veiler. I'm just at a complete loss of what to take out. The Doomcals were a recent addition today, I mostly stayed away from them because they aren't as top notch as they were just last format. Will help me a heck of a lot better vs Dragunities and Monarchs that first round I'm not running my side deck. Those decks are horrible to play without sides.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 4:50 pm
I've never been in a tournament ( not an official one anyway ), and i thought you were just being skeptical razz as you SHOULD be.. it's your deck anyway  

Thought Ruler Archfiend

American Underdog

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 5:04 pm
False Dichotomy
iFayl
That or another veiler. I'm just at a complete loss of what to take out. The Doomcals were a recent addition today, I mostly stayed away from them because they aren't as top notch as they were just last format. Will help me a heck of a lot better vs Dragunities and Monarchs that first round I'm not running my side deck. Those decks are horrible to play without sides.

Yeah I rather find forbbiden chalice better than effect veiler cuz it's effect is anytime and if needed to a power up.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 5:52 pm
iFayl
False Dichotomy
iFayl

Yeah I rather find forbbiden chalice better than effect veiler cuz it's effect is anytime and if needed to a power up.
Think I should take out a smashing for it, or do you have a better choice?  

Aporeia

Shameless Mystic

American Underdog

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 5:54 pm
False Dichotomy
iFayl
False Dichotomy
iFayl

I'd say take out a snowman eater for a chalice and replace the other for penguin soldier.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 6:04 pm
iFayl
False Dichotomy
iFayl
False Dichotomy
iFayl

I'd say take out a snowman eater for a chalice and replace the other for penguin soldier.
The snowman eaters work very well right now. They survive a hit from practically any level 4, and lets me synchro if I have a gale/reborn. Penguin soldier is pretty nice, but its NOT a smart main deck card, because decks like monarchs and heroes will likely not have 2 monsters on the field, and bouncing a monarch could be a deathblow for me. It does work as a side deck option, though so I'm going to consider that. I ran it at 3 for a while, but 2 seems to give me quite a lot of defense.

I made the deck very defensive because the full on offense versions (like the triple doomcal/pachy builds) are fantastic against some decks, but heroes and monarchs make it almost impossible to win, since they play card advantage too (and better). It took a lot for me to take out the 3rd snowman, since its been such an amazing tool in every game. The defensive variant is more erratic, and harder to deal with. Setting cards lets me get past solemn/bottomless/veiler.  

Aporeia

Shameless Mystic

American Underdog

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 8:52 pm
False Dichotomy
iFayl
False Dichotomy
iFayl
False Dichotomy
iFayl

The snowman eaters work very well right now. They survive a hit from practically any level 4, and lets me synchro if I have a gale/reborn. Penguin soldier is pretty nice, but its NOT a smart main deck card, because decks like monarchs and heroes will likely not have 2 monsters on the field, and bouncing a monarch could be a deathblow for me. It does work as a side deck option, though so I'm going to consider that. I ran it at 3 for a while, but 2 seems to give me quite a lot of defense.

I made the deck very defensive because the full on offense versions (like the triple doomcal/pachy builds) are fantastic against some decks, but heroes and monarchs make it almost impossible to win, since they play card advantage too (and better). It took a lot for me to take out the 3rd snowman, since its been such an amazing tool in every game. The defensive variant is more erratic, and harder to deal with. Setting cards lets me get past solemn/bottomless/veiler.

Yes, but, pengin soldier hurts six sams, synchros, and uses endless bouncer. You can make a catastor with penguin soldier as well or magical android. And usually if a monarch hits the field usually the monster leaves the field first. Also it's better to have a penguin soldier in your hand than a snowman eater when you play against the TG Hyper deck. You don't have to take my advice but this is just my opinion and through my experience.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 1:57 pm
iFayl
False Dichotomy
iFayl
False Dichotomy
iFayl

Yes, but, pengin soldier hurts six sams, synchros, and uses endless bouncer. You can make a catastor with penguin soldier as well or magical android. And usually if a monarch hits the field usually the monster leaves the field first. Also it's better to have a penguin soldier in your hand than a snowman eater when you play against the TG Hyper deck. You don't have to take my advice but this is just my opinion and through my experience.
I don't have any qualms against penguin soldier, its just not quite as necessary to MY deck as it might be to some, because as you can see I'm main decking 2 Pachys, 2 DDWL, 2 Snowmans, a Sazank, and Mr I-eat-synchros-for-breakfast himself: Grand Mole.

Penguin Soldier is great, but I don't see it being a necessary slot as my main deck.  

Aporeia

Shameless Mystic

American Underdog

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 11:46 pm
I see that but I was showing you the points y it is so great. Eh at least side him.  
Deck Database

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff