Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Back to Guilds

Our goal is to spread awareness of, lessen unwarranted hatred of, and create a safe haven for the LGBTQ community and their allies. 

Tags: Gay Straight Alliance, LGBT, homosexual, straight, transgender 

Reply The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance
Tennessee Outlaws Gay Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

oOoEnchantressoOo

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:31 pm
This is just disgraceful ! i hate when people use the bible as a weapon too ! it's so annoying i thought it say's " love all childern " and isn't judgement a sin !!!! If tenny people don't like how us people roll then they can stick there stupid law up there azz !!!! Just because we love who we wish doesn't mean we're bad people !!! They act like that's a damn pluge for heavens shake and it's just something natural that come's with you in a way even if you don't realize it at first ...  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 2:52 am
Can't we just hit people with the Tolerance Stick and be done with it? >.<  

Atrum_Anima

Ronin Ranko

Virtuous Smoker

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 2:57 am
The funny thing about this is, I go to a private Catholic school (Even though I'm not Catholic) And we were in religion class, we started talking about homosexuality. Not one person said "It's wrong". That's a very religious school, but these are PUBLIC schools they are from the government and controlled by them. And we cant ignore what is real, this is the land of the FREE, if we go on this track, nobody will be excepted and America will always be pictured as the biggest bunch of bigots ever... I dont want America to go that way.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 7:48 am
werdofilms
And we cant ignore what is real, this is the land of the FREE, if we go on this track, nobody will be excepted and America will always be pictured as the biggest bunch of bigots ever... I dont want America to go that way.

You're way close already. I find it very, very ironic that the America was established by people who wanted to form a country without the Church's tyranny, but ended up being one of the last (Western, developed countries) so strongly controlled by religion in practice. gonk  

Seraph of Thursday

Lonely Saint

Shilberu Erikku

1,800 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 2:24 pm
werdofilms
The funny thing about this is, I go to a private Catholic school (Even though I'm not Catholic) And we were in religion class, we started talking about homosexuality. Not one person said "It's wrong". That's a very religious school, but these are PUBLIC schools they are from the government and controlled by them. And we cant ignore what is real, this is the land of the FREE, if we go on this track, nobody will be excepted and America will always be pictured as the biggest bunch of bigots ever... I dont want America to go that way.

Well that's because the ones who made this law are achytiphobic fundamentalists. (Achytiphobia is the fear of being wrong, which, in my opinion, should be too pathetic of a fear to exist.)And America has already reached that point.I can't wait to get the ******** outta here.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 6:02 pm
Doesnt this, in a way, infringe on free speech? neutral  

Saturdays Tierce

Witty Informer

7,850 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Alchemy Level 1 100

Shilberu Erikku

1,800 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 6:26 pm
Saturdays Tierce
Doesnt this, in a way, infringe on free speech? neutral

Kinda, although it's more of an issue of due process than free speech. Free Speech doesn't mean you can say whatever the hell you want, it really has more to do with the sedition and libel and s**t like that.
This is definitely illegal, but violates the 14th amendment and not the 1st.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 9:32 pm
I think the reason for this law might just be achytiphobia (the fear of being wrong) mixed with the mentality of a 5 year old child:

The old redneck lawmakers of Tennesee firmly believe it's a choice, so out of achytiphobia, they make the proof against that belief illegal.  

Shilberu Erikku

1,800 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200

BleedingInkXIII

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 8:42 pm
The anti-homophobes probably see homosexuality as a disease (more like STD) and are trying their best to make sure their youth "don't catch it". You know what they should be preventing? What everyone should be preventing? Stupidity. And Ignorance. I think they give mankind a bad name, not just Tennesee or Americans.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 9:58 pm
Well, honestly, the burden's on their a**. Ignorance only leads to bad things, and that's what ticks me off about it. I'm not worried about their derogatory attitude towards gays. I'm just appaled at their ignorance of anything that goes against tradition or their bronze-aged text (with the exception of clothes and houses).  

She Promised You Cookies

Proxy Guildswoman

8,450 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • Guildmember 100

Ciel Nite

5,050 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Market Browser 100
  • Consumer 100
PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 5:29 pm
yeah i heard...and i think they want the school to not focus on evolution either....

they have a sticker in the back of the book saying "evolution is just a theory"...

which ironically, a theory is quite powerful in term of proof  
PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 5:31 pm
sans-coeur13
PROBABLY the most justified rant EVER
and the best comment on it:

"If you're going to use that argument, I'm pretty sure that nature never 'intended' air-conditioning, indoor plumbing, or computers. So I guess you should burn your house down and go hunt rabbits in the forest.  Just be careful not to use spears, bows and arrows, or any thing else unnatural."

that was amazingly adorable argument  

Ciel Nite

5,050 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Market Browser 100
  • Consumer 100

Ciel Nite

5,050 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Market Browser 100
  • Consumer 100
PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 5:34 pm
il Kaori li
o_e My family stopped at a highway diner for a quick stop there once.
>>; My mother tried to take my brother to the restroom, but couldn't find it.
She asked a waitress, but before she could answer my mother saw a black women go into something that seemed to be a restroom.
She said, "Oh. Never mind, I'll just follow her. :3"
The waitress looked at her like she was insane and said,
"Oh, I'm sorry mam, but those are their bathrooms..."
True f-king story. >>;
So I'm certainly not surprised at this, seeing as they haven't even integrated colors yet...

DAAAAANNGG  
PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 11:05 pm
Ciel Nite
sans-coeur13
PROBABLY the most justified rant EVER
and the best comment on it:

"If you're going to use that argument, I'm pretty sure that nature never 'intended' air-conditioning, indoor plumbing, or computers. So I guess you should burn your house down and go hunt rabbits in the forest.  Just be careful not to use spears, bows and arrows, or any thing else unnatural."

that was amazingly adorable argument

the best thing to cancel that "unnatural" argument. strange how i never thought of this before!

Thirteenth_Floor

Friend

AstridMiriam

Party Browser

13,100 Points
  • Runway First Vote 50
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Team Edward 100
PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2016 2:24 pm
That sucks

The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2