Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Back to Guilds

Our goal is to spread awareness of, lessen unwarranted hatred of, and create a safe haven for the LGBTQ community and their allies. 

Tags: Gay Straight Alliance, LGBT, homosexual, straight, transgender 

Reply The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance
What's worst? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

etluhcs

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 5:57 pm
loveAkiochan
Sure it's fun to watch someone be high and flop around and talk nonsense, but if that's all they do then they've got no hope for a real life. What are they gonna do when they're 25, have sh*t grades because they were high all the time, no job will hire because they can't pass a piss test, and have no money?

pot doesn't automatically make people degenerates. i have plenty of acquaintances who smoke pot regularly and have fully-functioning and successful relationships, grades, jobs, and lives.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 7:56 am
schulte
loveAkiochan
Sure it's fun to watch someone be high and flop around and talk nonsense, but if that's all they do then they've got no hope for a real life. What are they gonna do when they're 25, have sh*t grades because they were high all the time, no job will hire because they can't pass a piss test, and have no money?

pot doesn't automatically make people degenerates. i have plenty of acquaintances who smoke pot regularly and have fully-functioning and successful relationships, grades, jobs, and lives.

well kudos to them. I've never seen anyone function while using pot regularly. not one person and i know a lot of smokers.  

loveAkiochan

Hygienic Sex Symbol

6,800 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Survivor 150
  • Team Jacob 100

Sin Error

Elder

7,850 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 12:29 pm
loveAkiochan
schulte
loveAkiochan

well kudos to them. I've never seen anyone function while using pot regularly. not one person and i know a lot of smokers.

I used to work while being high, just sayin'.
and I used to smoke everyday, for 3 years straight and it didn't stopped me from doing the stuff I had to do during the day.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 1:06 pm
Alcohol, because of the fact that there have been no cases where someone has been killed from Pot. That and the fact that Marajuana was only illegalized to keep non-white culture opressed. When immigrants from mexico brought it over, Texas was first to pass laws against the drug, and though they said it was to keep marajuana, the 'crazy drug' under control, it was really just a reason for them to bust down on immigrants. The US government then used the 'fact' that marajuana would cause you to go crazy and kill people as propaganda against it. Ill have my resource once the page loads!  

melodious nocturn

5,550 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Tycoon 200

loveAkiochan

Hygienic Sex Symbol

6,800 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Survivor 150
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 2:20 pm
Sin Error
loveAkiochan
schulte
loveAkiochan

and I used to smoke everyday, for 3 years straight and it didn't stopped me from doing the stuff I had to do during the day.

And kudos to you for that, but I still think its a drug and it's no good for anyone.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 3:19 pm
loveAkiochan
Sin Error
loveAkiochan
schulte
loveAkiochan

And kudos to you for that, but I still think its a drug and it's no good for anyone.

it's no worse than video games, eating, sex, gambling, or anything else that people can get addicted to.  

etluhcs

loveAkiochan

Hygienic Sex Symbol

6,800 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Survivor 150
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 3:37 pm
schulte
loveAkiochan
Sin Error
loveAkiochan
schulte
loveAkiochan

it's no worse than video games, eating, sex, gambling, or anything else that people can get addicted to.

But half of those things only become an addiction if someone is missing something else in their life. You cannot compare a drug to eating just because they both are possible addictions.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 7:18 pm
(Doesn't this belong in off-topic? Or maybe extended discussion?)

Everything in moderation...

I drink occasionally, and smoke weed infrequently. I do not enjoy smoke, of any kind, and usually only use weed when I have a migraine. If it didn't help with those, I probably wouldn't use it at all. I enjoy drinking sometimes, but I do not enjoy being drunk.

I don't think either should be criminalized, and I have seen people dependant on both substances.

From what I've seen, people who become reliant on either alcohol or weed have other problems in their lives to begin with, and end up using the substance to escape from or cope with these problems. The same can be said of any number of other substances, both legal and not.

I have met more people who have smoked weed than haven't. I think many people who are rigidly anti-marijuana would be surprised at how many hard-working, intelligent, productive members of society enjoy smoking weed from time to time. Again, moderation is key.

In terms of heavy, regular use of either substance, I'm not sure which would be worse.

Long-term heavy drinking leads to all kinds of health problems, particularly with your liver, but also with your brain and god knows what else. I know less about the health effects of marijuana (it is difficult to find truly objective information on the matter, and I haven't been overly inclined to do much digging), but I know quite a few people who are...well, burnt out. I always find it unsettling to talk to people like that. Long-term, heavy use of weed is not a healthy thing.

Alcohol seems to be a factor in a lot of accidents, but I wouldn't be surprised if weed was, too. That said, when my friends are stoned, they aren't usually inclined to do much more than sit and eat and watch TV; engaging in reckless activities, even driving, isn't high on their list of priorities.

My mother lost her best friend (a woman that was like a second mother to me, when I was younger) to alcoholism. The woman is still very much alive, but has ruined nearly all of her friendships. Even her sons want nothing to do with her anymore. It's horrible to watch a person slowly go from smart, loving, kind, and reliable to...well...a raging, unstable, foul-mouthed harpy. >_>

On the other side of the coin, one of my former friends is so obsessed with weed that I can't stand to be around her anymore. :s All she talks about is getting high, or being high, or how great x kind of weed is...you get the idea. Her entire life revolves around marijuana, and it's just...boring and sad. And I work with someone who is downright cranky when he hasn't had his daily joint. He's a pain in the a** to work with unless he's high, because he doesn't seem to know any other way to be.

I think the deciding factor for me is violence. A lot of people get aggressive when drunk. I suppose I should say, being drunk makes an aggressive person more likely to act on the aggression, simply because it removes their inhibitions. I live near a number of bars, and fights are a guaranteed thing every night they're open. *shrug*  

Taeryyn
Captain

Man-Hungry Ladykiller

Ayame!01

4,200 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Window Shopper 100
PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 8:06 pm
a world without weed biggrin weed brings people together calmly.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 8:36 pm
loveAkiochan
schulte
loveAkiochan

I've got a school full of smokers. They're not at the top of their game most of the time, but they're functional. Actually, some of them get less rowdy when they're buzzed, and it makes the class go more smoothly.

I think every deals differently with it- I know it helps some with the stress of exams, but it also loses others a lot of their thinking ability.  

Art Greylace

Dapper Cutie-Pie

11,050 Points
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Flatterer 200

Art Greylace

Dapper Cutie-Pie

11,050 Points
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 8:46 pm
I think of the two, marijuana is the worse, simply because alcohol can be taken to no ill effect in small quantities, and is also legal. Which means that it's kept within stricter regulations.

However, alcohol can kill you much more easily than weed if abused.

Weed seems to dull you down, keep you calm- can even help with some of the rowdier students. Smells like s**t, and isn't something I'd get into, but it doesn't get them stumbling around, they still have their coordination, unlike alcohol when you take too much.

So, my order is-
Alcohol, as in severely addicted and drunk- worst
Weed
Alcohol, taken once in a while, best.

I've never been drunk (though I have tried rum and wine and a couple of cocktails, just sips) and I've never taken any other drugs, so I'm judging from the immense amounts of students I know who take pot.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 9:08 pm
Artemesia Greylace
I think of the two, marijuana is the worse, simply because alcohol can be taken to no ill effect in small quantities, and is also legal. Which means that it's kept within stricter regulations.

However, alcohol can kill you much more easily than weed if abused.

Marijuana can also be taken in small doses, with no ill effects. In fact, it's legally prescribed for many people in Canada and some places in the US, and legal to smoke in coffee shops in countries such as the Netherlands. :3 Just something to think about.

Quote:

I've never been drunk (though I have tried rum and wine and a couple of cocktails, just sips) and I've never taken any other drugs, so I'm judging from the immense amounts of students I know who take pot.

We are all definitely biased by what we've experienced and seen in our own lives. I never tried marijuana until I was well into university, for a variety of reasons. One of them was because all the stoners I knew in high school seemed to be slackers and idiots. xD

As I've gotten older, finished university, and have been in the workforce...my perspective has definitely shifted somewhat. That's not to say that yours will (or that it should). Life is funny. :3  

Taeryyn
Captain

Man-Hungry Ladykiller

Symptom_of_Society

Fatcat

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 9:57 pm
Well, when you say whats more damaging i take it you mean health, and on that note I am not sure. But. On a life damaging note. Marijuana. Since its illegal, it will ruin your life.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2016 7:24 pm
Alcohol hurts people alot sad

AstridMiriam

Party Browser

13,100 Points
  • Runway First Vote 50
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Team Edward 100
The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff