Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Back to Guilds

Our goal is to spread awareness of, lessen unwarranted hatred of, and create a safe haven for the LGBTQ community and their allies. 

Tags: Gay Straight Alliance, LGBT, homosexual, straight, transgender 

Reply The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance
Naive people (rant) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Robbie-fyed

Beloved Lunatic

6,750 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 10:12 pm
ErthGrl9870
Insatiable Lust
ErthGrl9870
Insatiable Lust
You know what gets on MY nerves? Hypocrites.

So let me get this straight.... you're ragging on this girl because of something SHE HAS NO CONTROL OVER?! You know who else does that? Homophobes. That's right, you're a hypocrite. Congratulations! Way to totally act like a douche!

Woah bud - calm down!
No need to go all FUUUUUUUUUUUUU over this.
The anger isn't so much towards the fact that the girl was sheltered and has it all, but towards the fact that she refuses to learn and flaunts that she has it all.
And THAT is a choice.
If it weren't, my friend from the upper class family wouldn't be able to recognize that people have it harder and would flaunt her families wealth in my face. Which she does neither of. She knows people have it harder and is grateful for what she has.
With the girl in question of this topic, that's not the case.

So calm down - nobody likes a hypocrite but you don't have to be a douche yourself about it. There are nicer ways of stating things without raging over the internet.

You're ignorant for thinking I'd rage over something like that. Sure I think she's being, judgmental, and a hypocrite, but I really don't care enough to "rage" over it. I interpreted the situation differently than you, and I responded as such. I'm not her dad, so I'm not going to sit there and coddle her. I'm going to call people out on their bull s**t. If you don't like the way I put things, then block me. As simple as that.

@Shana: Actually no, I am not a hypocrite. Maybe you are.

How was I being ignorant? You're insulting people for no real reason other than your own opinion over the internet and that's how I define raging over the internet.
Maybe some people just define things differently than you.

Like seriously - saying somebody sounds like a douche isn't a very intelligent way of getting your point across.

Why are you even in my business, this has nothing to do with you. Be gone!  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 12:06 pm
Insatiable Lust
Sarah_L_Awesome
Insatiable Lust

So let me get this straight.... you're ragging on this girl because of something SHE HAS NO CONTROL OVER?! You know who else does that? Homophobes. That's right, you're a hypocrite. Congratulations! Way to totally act like a douche!

ok i've seen you in threads yourself and i can honestly say being called a hypocrite by YOU OF ALL PEOPLE means absolutly nothing to me, which is my way of saying LOOK WHO'S TALKING!

What more could I have expected from a child other than, "I know you are, but what am I?"

you know where i come from, it's not polite to be a douche bag, have people call you out on it and then be a douche bag again.  

Sarah_L_Awesome

5,350 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • First step to fame 200

Sarah_L_Awesome

5,350 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 12:08 pm
werdofilms
I hate parents who shield thier kids, they only make the world harder for thier kids. Thank god I have parents who didnt lie to me about REAL s**t. My parents are chill and dont mind that I'm the only non-cristian in a family of four.

thanks stranger, it's nice to know i'm not just going insane.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 4:38 pm
Sarah_L_Awesome
Insatiable Lust
Sarah_L_Awesome
Insatiable Lust

ok i've seen you in threads yourself and i can honestly say being called a hypocrite by YOU OF ALL PEOPLE means absolutly nothing to me, which is my way of saying LOOK WHO'S TALKING!

What more could I have expected from a child other than, "I know you are, but what am I?"

you know where i come from, it's not polite to be a douche bag, have people call you out on it and then be a douche bag again.

1.) That's hilarious coming from you, It only proves my point of what a HUGE hypocrite you really are.

2.) You speak as though I actually give a damn what you think about me.  

Robbie-fyed

Beloved Lunatic

6,750 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Citizen 200

Sarah_L_Awesome

5,350 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 4:42 pm
Insatiable Lust
Sarah_L_Awesome
Insatiable Lust
Sarah_L_Awesome
Insatiable Lust

1.) That's hilarious coming from you, It only proves my point of what a HUGE hypocrite you really are.

2.) You speak as though I actually give a damn what you think about me.

...man i can't understand a word you're typing confused  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 5:11 pm
She is 13.
She'll probably mature out of it, the less of a hold her parents have on her & the more she goes out into the world by herself.

edit: i'm sorry if i'm just repeating what someone else has said, i'm waaayy lazy at this time to read through the whole thread sad  

Excalibur Foxe

ErthGrl9870

Friendly Conversationalist

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 6:20 pm
Insatiable Lust
ErthGrl9870
How was I being ignorant? You're insulting people for no real reason other than your own opinion over the internet and that's how I define raging over the internet.
Maybe some people just define things differently than you.

Like seriously - saying somebody sounds like a douche isn't a very intelligent way of getting your point across.
Why are you even in my business, this has nothing to do with you. Be gone!

You only say that because you know I'm right.
But because I've grown tired with this, and you, I'll "be gone".

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 6:46 pm
Kelai_Caberin
I was sheilded too. In a super-christian home. I turned out decent, I think gonk

This has nothing to do with anything, but I fugging LOVE your avi.  

HolyShitItsJosh

Shirtless Entrepreneur

3,600 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Statustician 100

Kelai_Caberin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 7:08 pm
StripedFluffyBunny
Kelai_Caberin
I was sheilded too. In a super-christian home. I turned out decent, I think gonk

This has nothing to do with anything, but I fugging LOVE your avi.

oh, why thank you. blaugh

There's nothing better than being complimented for parading around in socks and underwear  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 9:32 am
Taeryyn
It's not her fault that things have been difficult for you, or anyone else. She's 13, for crying out loud, and her parents are over-bearing and have probably sheltered her from everything major. (Helicopter parents...ugh.)

So what the heck do you expect her to do? Flog herself for having the audacity to have been born with more privileges than others? Become jaded and world-weary overnight, then take up the crusade for gay rights? razz

There's nothing wrong with you not liking her, but you sound kind of bitter. Every 13 year-old I knew freaked out over minor things, and that didn't make them bad people.

Also, you might want to keep in mind that you don't necessarily know everything about her. When I was younger, there were several classmates of mine that seemed to have everything, including happy home lives and none of the stress I was dealing with at the time. Since then, I've found out that some of them were dealing with incredibly difficult, painful family problems. Long story short, it's best not to make assumptions, or to even be that preoccupied by other people.

I completely agree with you.  

Gaara_evil_cookie

Scurvy Raider

6,600 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Full closet 200
  • Jolly Roger 50

Robbie-fyed

Beloved Lunatic

6,750 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 3:24 pm
Gaara_evil_cookie
Taeryyn
It's not her fault that things have been difficult for you, or anyone else. She's 13, for crying out loud, and her parents are over-bearing and have probably sheltered her from everything major. (Helicopter parents...ugh.)

So what the heck do you expect her to do? Flog herself for having the audacity to have been born with more privileges than others? Become jaded and world-weary overnight, then take up the crusade for gay rights? razz

There's nothing wrong with you not liking her, but you sound kind of bitter. Every 13 year-old I knew freaked out over minor things, and that didn't make them bad people.

Also, you might want to keep in mind that you don't necessarily know everything about her. When I was younger, there were several classmates of mine that seemed to have everything, including happy home lives and none of the stress I was dealing with at the time. Since then, I've found out that some of them were dealing with incredibly difficult, painful family problems. Long story short, it's best not to make assumptions, or to even be that preoccupied by other people.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 6:06 pm
Insatiable Lust
Gaara_evil_cookie
Taeryyn

etluhcs

chadolbaegi

Fatcat

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 10:44 pm
I grew up shielded too. Granted, I'm only a year older than the girl you're talking about, but we can't do anything about it. I didn't know what masturbation was/how to do it until my friend taught my this year (granted he was really, really confused). I just think that, like Taeryyn said, there might be more to it.

For example, my dad's long gone and my mom's a Bible-thumper. She was raised with the mentality that everything but prayer and church is evil and horrid and still won't let any of my siblings or I out of the house because of that. When she found out I had a trans friend, she flipped and bitched at him for half an hour, without my knowing. She kicked me out of the house for defending him, as well. And I know that to a lot of people, I might not seem happy, but I seem to be okay.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2016 7:48 pm
I barely can hear so I know what your going thru

AstridMiriam

Party Browser

13,100 Points
  • Runway First Vote 50
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Team Edward 100
The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff