Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Back to Guilds

Our goal is to spread awareness of, lessen unwarranted hatred of, and create a safe haven for the LGBTQ community and their allies. 

Tags: Gay Straight Alliance, LGBT, homosexual, straight, transgender 

Reply The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance
Advice pleaseeeee!!!! (be nice.... D:)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ena Hitachi

Hilarious Kitten

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 2:09 pm
ok. Here's the story....
I have been dating Nathan for a year and seven months, but lately it's been mechanical. As in, just going through the moves of being his girl. He recently suggested him breaking up with me to have his first guy with guy relationship. As in, leave me for someone else. I said ok but it hurt.... As if my parts weren't good enough.... Anyways. When the guy in question turned Nathan down, I couldn't help but laugh and feel better. But since then, I've been losing my feelings for him.
I met Andrew in summer school and liked him from the start. He was ******** up like me and kept me smiling. We have been best friends since. Lately, it's been hurting not talking to him. Or trying to see him. Last Friday he came to my house and we hung out. Listening to YouTube and laughing. Then I started holding him and playing with his hair. He bit me on my neck and I bit him back (both of u have a thing for biting. It's a trust thing for me personally... Lol) and then we kissed. That kiss TOTALLY erased everything o feel for Nathan. I only see him as a friend now and it hurts to lie to him.
My parents saw the bite on my neck, so I said it was someone from school. Then I said it was one of Andrews friends. Then Andrew admitted to biting me and nothing else. Now we can't talk anymore. In trying to convince my dad to let us keep talking one the phone. I'm asking and begging cause he checks the fone records. I went to the doctors and they told my stepmom that the bite looked like a hickey. No duh. But Andrew is 19-and he understands me like no one else but my best chick friend. I'm 16.

ADVICE?! I am on the verge of losing it. Between parents, guilt, and my enhancing feelings for Andrew-I'm really stressed. I need help bad... Please  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 2:56 pm
Okay, this might sound a bit harsh, but ******** your parents (not in the literal sense lol) and do it anyways, sneak out, do whatever you can to stay with this guy, it has happened to me and this guy is going to have to move to Texas and it's going to suck... be with him however possible weather your parents approve or not.  

DestiexDestruction

iLegoBlock

Wheezing Sex Symbol

6,350 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Tipsy 100
  • Pie Enabler 100
PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 4:16 pm
Ok, you dont need to have feelings for Nathan.
He ditched you, because he wanted something else.
Thats his fault, dont give second chances to people like that, if he treats you relationship like a hotel, he's gotta go.
He found someone he liked more, so did you.

About Andrew, your parents are your parents.
Try mabye to negotiate a common ground with them.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 4:28 pm
iLegoBlock
Ok, you dont need to have feelings for Nathan.
He ditched you, because he wanted something else.
Thats his fault, dont give second chances to people like that, if he treats you relationship like a hotel, he's gotta go.
He found someone he liked more, so did you.

About Andrew, your parents are your parents.
Try mabye to negotiate a common ground with them.

I agree.

When it comes to parents there really isn't much winning by rebelling. I can tell you that much from experience. However, kids do what they want when they want. Just be careful and don't get too deep into it.  

Toker Rockett

3,450 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Hygienic 200

RowenthaDark

Feline Avenger

17,050 Points
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 5:26 pm
well i dont nkow about where you live, but here in alabama when you turn sixteen, you're legally old enough to give consent and all without it being called statutory rape. so your parents cant flip the ******** out and tell you who you can and cant talk to. and since he's only nineteen, its not even that big of an age gap. its only three years.

if you really feel this way for andrew, then just let nathan know that it hurt your feelings that he ditched you for someone else and that you no longer lie him like you used to. hes probably going to be angry, and thats something that cant be helped. just let him cool off about it. if he doesnt get angry, then thats great!

just try not to crack, and dont go completely insane trying to rebel. just let them know that you're more responsible than they think and if nessecary promise to not do anything more than kiss for a while. i did that once and it actually worked out pretty well. (but your dad is acting alittle creeper-dictatorish...)

but this is just my opinion. i wish you luck.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 6:53 pm
Ena Hitachi
I'm 16.

End. Now.

Seriously, you're too young to be in a serious, committed relationship. Spare me the whole "love has no age limit" bull, because age really does come with maturity, which is a necessity for any relationship. Period. And this tid-bit about "Andrew understands me like no one else"... Girlllll, men are stupid. I can vouche (since I'm a guy) when I say that our hormones are so nucking futs, that it'd over-tip the Richter Scale, ESPECIALLY around that age. For all you know, Andrew maybe just be trying to do a little sneaky between the cheeky. You can't imagine how many times I've heard this story about some teenage girl falling for the so-called man of her dreams, only to be left shattered and stranded in a trail of heartbreak that the p***k will definitely leave.

I know this sounds VERY harsh, but the nastiest of advice is sometimes the biggest slap of reality you'll ever get.

My suggestion: finish school, wait until you're 18, and have a stable and self-fulfilling life before you bring someone else into the picture.  

lgtenos
Vice Captain

Ena Hitachi

Hilarious Kitten

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 12:38 pm
I know that nathan is off. I'm talking to him soon. As for Andrew-maybe it's not meant to be. Maybe he is using that as an excuse. But see, the kissing someone else other than my bf/gf wasnt there until Andrew. And I've told him numerous times when we were just friends that I'm not one to get really physical fast. I'm not having sex till I'm 18. That's a def. And Andrew knows that I'm not budging on that. My parents are insane-and actually threatened not letting me go to college if I don't live with them (parents r divorced. I live with dad and a monster he put a ring on). I'm not stupid. I know what I'm doing and I'm strong enough to carry out a painful decision. I just want some other inputs. Thanks guys, I'm giving it until next week. I'll keep u all posted.

<3  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 12:59 pm
lgtenos
Ena Hitachi
I'm 16.

End. Now.

Seriously, you're too young to be in a serious, committed relationship. Spare me the whole "love has no age limit" bull, because age really does come with maturity, which is a necessity for any relationship. Period. And this tid-bit about "Andrew understands me like no one else"... Girlllll, men are stupid. I can vouche (since I'm a guy) when I say that our hormones are so nucking futs, that it'd over-tip the Richter Scale, ESPECIALLY around that age. For all you know, Andrew maybe just be trying to do a little sneaky between the cheeky. You can't imagine how many times I've heard this story about some teenage girl falling for the so-called man of her dreams, only to be left shattered and stranded in a trail of heartbreak that the p***k will definitely leave.

I know this sounds VERY harsh, but the nastiest of advice is sometimes the biggest slap of reality you'll ever get.

My suggestion: finish school, wait until you're 18, and have a stable and self-fulfilling life before you bring someone else into the picture.

Exactly right.
I remeber being 16 and thinking I was old enough to know better: like hell!

Hormones'll tell you all sorts of things that you'll regret later. I was lucky that I still listened to my parents: that's the biggest cheat on life. Seriously, your parents have been through this hormonal situation and they know that they practically never end right.

My sister has a kid at age 17 with no education and living on my parents and has to really pull herself together not to end up like a drifting piece of debris all because she was so very clever and knew all so much more than our parents.

Life's not easy to start wtih: so don't go making it any harder!!!!

Build your future, amke sure you are on safe ground before risking your neck for any other person, or if that other someone isn't Mr or Miss Right, you'll end up in deeper s*it than you can crawl out of.

So think hard about this!!!!

SUPER HUGZ!!!!!

I hope it turns out alright!
heart  

Robotic Zamat

Fashionable Elocutionist

7,200 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Friendly 100
  • Object of Affection 150

Shanna66

9,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 1:26 pm
lgtenos
Ena Hitachi
I'm 16.

End. Now.

*claps*

it does sound harsh but its true. when i was 16 i thought i was smart enough to make my own big choices and thought i was in love many times. looking back now i realize that my 16 year old self was an idiot and im sure your personality will change as you age aswell. so just wait  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 1:27 pm
Forget about Nathan and just pretend to agree with your parents and go behind their backs is what I woudl do I guess its up to you though smile  

DarkDaisuke9

9,800 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Critic 0

Serrenedy

Unbeatable Lover

6,600 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Friendly 100
  • 20 Wins 100
PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 2:11 pm
Robotic Zamat
lgtenos
Ena Hitachi
I'm 16.

End. Now.

Exactly right.
I remeber being 16 and thinking I was old enough to know better: like hell!

Hormones'll tell you all sorts of things that you'll regret later. I was lucky that I still listened to my parents: that's the biggest cheat on life. Seriously, your parents have been through this hormonal situation and they know that they practically never end right.

My sister has a kid at age 17 with no education and living on my parents and has to really pull herself together not to end up like a drifting piece of debris all because she was so very clever and knew all so much more than our parents.

Life's not easy to start wtih: so don't go making it any harder!!!!

Build your future, amke sure you are on safe ground before risking your neck for any other person, or if that other someone isn't Mr or Miss Right, you'll end up in deeper s*it than you can crawl out of.

So think hard about this!!!!

SUPER HUGZ!!!!!

I hope it turns out alright!
heart

Well, JEEZ don't y'all just make us sound nice and responsible. 17, not 16, but the principle's the same. Hormones or not, as long as you don't do something STUPID, you should be alright in love. No matter what your hormones say, keep in the back of your mind things like 'protection' and 'safety'. If you really like this Andrew dude, I say go for it! As long as you don't forget yourself in the whole 'whirlwind of emotions' thing. As for Nathan, he's a jerk. He dumped you at a moments notice to pursue another relationship. He shouldn't be surprised if you do the same. Parents will be parents, they annoy the crap out of you, but once you're 18, there's not much they can do. Best bet, stick it out 'till then. If you and Andrew can manage to weather that storm, it'll make you relationship stronger in the long run. If he understands you, the least you can do is keep in contact with him, sort of like a long test if he's lying or not. And I'm sure your parents won't object too much if they're allowed to listen in on your convos for a while  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 6:00 pm
DestieSteadman
Okay, this might sound a bit harsh, but ******** your parents (not in the literal sense lol) and do it anyways, sneak out, do whatever you can to stay with this guy, it has happened to me and this guy is going to have to move to Texas and it's going to suck... be with him however possible weather your parents approve or not.

Or you could, I don't know... do the MATURE thing, and give them reason to trust you by respecting their wishes while trying to come to a compromise. It's their house, they pay the bills, you don't get a say in it. You want freedom? Finish school, get a job, get your own place, and then you can do whatever you want.

Bottom line: You shouldn't have allowed him to bite you in a place where it's visible. It was a dumb move, and now you have to suffer the consequences. Hopefully you'll learn from this experience, and remember that next time you and a guy are playing around.

My advice? Make a deal like only hanging out with him when they're home, and agreeing to not do something like that ever again. Yeah it sucks, but you should have thought about that before you slipped up.  

Robbie-fyed

Beloved Lunatic

6,750 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Citizen 200

Ena Hitachi

Hilarious Kitten

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 12:35 pm
Apparently Nathan is going on a year long program and I won't see him until I'm a junior and he's a senior. He's leaving in may. My friend said I should just take a break from both of them. Nathans awesome on his own level and Andrew is on another. Idk. I'm thinking about just leaving them both tO themselves. I know u guys r right about this- and that's y I wanted to post this thread.... I appreciate u all posting. smile  
The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games