Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Back to Guilds

Our goal is to spread awareness of, lessen unwarranted hatred of, and create a safe haven for the LGBTQ community and their allies. 

Tags: Gay Straight Alliance, LGBT, homosexual, straight, transgender 

Reply The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance
Getting tested?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

taranova12

5,450 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 5:34 pm
So, I'm a senior in high school, and fairly certain that I'm a lesbian. I used to think I was bi, and while I can appreciate what makes men attractive, they don't turn me on in the slightest. Anyway, my girlfriend and I have sorta gotten back together, and we want to have sex.

I want to make sure I don't give her anything, though. I've never had sex before and I've never done drugs, but it's better safe than sorry. How would I go about this, especially in a way where my parents wouldn't find out? Is that even possible?  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 5:44 pm
How old are you? Because everyone less than 18 years of age is considered a minor. As such, minors need the informed consent of their parents or legal guardians before any medical actions could be performed. In other words: if you're a minor, your parents/legal guardians will be involved.

Question: Why don't you want your parents to know?  

lgtenos
Vice Captain

Ciel Nite

5,050 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Market Browser 100
  • Consumer 100
PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 9:07 pm
no, i believe you do NOT need your parent if you are older then the age of 16. If you are under and are not emancipated then you require a parent or guardian  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 10:32 pm
but you didn't answer the other question what age are you?  

iamfelixC

Gracious Lover

taranova12

5,450 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 7:42 pm
I'm eighteen and I don't want them to know because they'll ask me WHY, and my family wants me to be abstinent my entire life instead of act on my "gay feelings."  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 3:39 pm
You an get tested at a Health Clinic, A Plan Parenthood center, Or at your doctors office. No your parents never have to know

Wizeey

5,050 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Regular 100

DestiexDestruction

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 5:38 pm
I'm pretty sure walk-in clinics do testing.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 5:38 am
A slight rant- er... problem I would like to point out. First of all, to the OP good for you for wanting to get tested, and since you are of age, I'm sure it would be easy for you to get tested without your parents knowing.

Now something I have a problem with is parental notification laws, for disease and pregnancy testing. Many young people are terrified to get tested because they fear their parents knowing, and that is just highly unsafe. I think that those laws need to be reconsidered, so young people can get tested without their consent. Its not about being sneaky, I mean, if something is wrong they are going to find out EVENTUALLY, but wouldn't it be better if the teen could get tested before anything is spread? I would want my hypothetical child to be safe, even if we don't agree on the same things (but given that I had strict parents myself, I would probably be more open with my child). Even if they disapprove of your actions, its better safe than sorry, and I feel many more teens would feel more comfortable and get tested if they didn't have to go through their parents to do so. Sorry, I just had to rant.

Ayame_Rikimayu

AstridMiriam

Party Browser

13,100 Points
  • Runway First Vote 50
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Team Edward 100
PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2016 8:34 am
Like the others said you need a parent or guardian

The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff