Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Back to Guilds

Our goal is to spread awareness of, lessen unwarranted hatred of, and create a safe haven for the LGBTQ community and their allies. 

Tags: Gay Straight Alliance, LGBT, homosexual, straight, transgender 

Reply The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance
Help with labels?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

MiraNoir

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 5:46 pm
Right so, I've been having a problem with what I am. For me, personally labels don't matter so much. But I'm well aware that I'm not exactly what most people consider normal, and as I'm going off to college next year, I want to know what the technical term is. That way, if and when I tell people, they can look it up if they need to, to make themselves feel better about it.

Because the thing is, I'm comfortable in my body as it is now (at least for the most part), but I'm not completely comfortable in my gender role (at least that's what I think it's called). Normally it doesn't really bother me, because for the most part people know I'm a tom boy and they're cool with that, they don't expect me to be girly, and they don't treat me like a girly-girl.

But when it comes to shopping (especially for things like dresses) and other stereotypical 'girly' things, I'm completely out of my element and uncomfortable. It's not who I am at all, and when I'm forced to do it, I feel like I'm dying inside. I'm more comfortably mentally as a guy, and being treated like one.

But like I said, I also don't have the desire or need to change my body. And while I'm definitely not opposed to binding and the like, I'm not sure if it's an aversion to a permanent change or just my way of being treated the way I want.

So is there any way to label that, or do I just have to try and explain that entire spiel every time I tell someone?

And thank you to anyone that answers.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 7:56 pm
Simply, I think your just a tom-boy.
I have a couple of female friends I consider another one of the guys.
I dont even thing you need to label that, its pretty normal.

iLegoBlock

Wheezing Sex Symbol

6,350 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Tipsy 100
  • Pie Enabler 100

HARD N THROBBING INCUBUS

Aged Regular

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 9:33 pm
uhhh as far as i know its "gender queer" whole new thing the "community" made up to make themselves feel better its like having an aversion to gender and doing non normative things the downside of this is that anything you do is normative of one or another gender so there is no good way to truly be gender queer....

blah i think its stupid either way i feel like i need a vocab lesson every time the gender/sex/identity subject comes up  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2016 4:43 am
Tom Boy for sure

AstridMiriam

Party Browser

13,100 Points
  • Runway First Vote 50
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Team Edward 100
The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash