Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Back to Guilds

Our goal is to spread awareness of, lessen unwarranted hatred of, and create a safe haven for the LGBTQ community and their allies. 

Tags: Gay Straight Alliance, LGBT, homosexual, straight, transgender 

Reply The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance
The most ridiculous LGBT stereotypes you have ever heard. Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kelsey MacAilbert

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:56 pm
Please share them here. I think it would be interesting to discuss them, mock them, shred them, or just shake our heads in bewilderment. I'll start. I have heard that lesbians tend to love cats. A LOT. Granted, I lack experience in this are, seeing as how I don't even know if I am a woman and therefore don't know if I am a lesbian, but I think this stereotype is p***y joke. I mean, it makes sense that such a joke might be made of a lesbians who have cats, and that it might balloon into a stereotype from there.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 11:12 pm
"You're gay? Since when?"

Oh, I don't know. Birth, maybe?  

lgtenos
Vice Captain

Sharpie Pick

Interesting Explorer

9,500 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 10:32 pm
I laughed when I saw the part "lesbians tend to love cats. A LOT." hahaha... It just happened that I'm a lesbian and I like cats 3nodding

Anyways... Here's one (I just heard it over when I was in a restaurant): "I thought lesbians are muscular and good-looking eek "

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 11:08 pm
I hate when homophobic guys automatically assume every gay guy is trying to hook up with them and just them.

I sit there like, "Are you attracted to every girl you see? No? So you think that changes for gay guys?"

Seriously, I'm not sure sometimes if those kinds of guys are just full of themselves or what. Wishful thinking I assume.
From a girl's point of view, its silly, but it's a double standard, I've had that same problem with the women too. *sighs* people never learn.  

xxangelsofchaosxx

Popular Prophet

8,775 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200

DJ Arctic Wolf

7,150 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 11:15 pm
Room for one more?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nw7IMYl5oU8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e89sNRu5PIQ  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 12:07 am
People assume if you are bisexual you are attracted and want to hook up with everyone you see...  

ElijahSlonk

6,750 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Signature Look 250
  • Beta Critic 0

Milady Tabbs

Beloved Sex Symbol

5,800 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 12:42 am
The Hobo Stripper
People assume if you are bisexual you are attracted and want to hook up with everyone you see...

I was going to say the same thing.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 5:19 am
when people find out someone is glb and assume they are going to rape them in the showers.

oh the funny looks i got when my class found out i was bi. most of the girls tried to avoid me. my what huge egos they had. i of course had no interest in those skanks xd

also that all bisexuals are sluts and/or want to be in those 3-way relationships. i dont need one of each to be happy. my man pleases me enough

and of course the whole being bi is just a phase, that soon i will choose hetero or homo rofl im an adult and ive been bi my entire life, i dont think im going through a phase lol  

Shanna66

9,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200

Atrum_Anima

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 7:50 am
This one's kind of obvious, but people always think that lesbians have to be very masculine and gay guys have to be very feminine.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 8:05 am
Every gay guy has an innate fashion sense -_- Please! I might like stereotypical things but fashion sense is one thing I don't have. Coming from the guy who just tosses on a pair of jeans and t-shirt that are comfortable.  

DarkDaisuke9

9,800 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Critic 0

Kelsey MacAilbert

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 9:26 am
DarkDaisuke9
Every gay guy has an innate fashion sense -_- Please! I might like stereotypical things but fashion sense is one thing I don't have. Coming from the guy who just tosses on a pair of jeans and t-shirt that are comfortable.
I blame Queer Eye for the Straight Guy.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 11:53 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Lesbians hate men.
Or they just haven't "found the right man" yet. rolleyes

Centipedes In Utero

Shameless Streaker

10,900 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Sarah_L_Awesome

5,350 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 12:30 pm
according to a person i talked to a while ago "oh you're a lesbian? you must love football..."
(what the f*ck?)  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 2:21 pm
I'm not sure this counts--it's more of a profession stereotype than a homosexual stereotype--but that all male hairstylists are gay.
Granted, mine is, but still.  

cvbkfgbkjmgbcj

Timid Darling

Ciel Nite

5,050 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Market Browser 100
  • Consumer 100
PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 2:57 pm
so...is there any kool bars you would recommend...

i dont do bars  
The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces