Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Back to Guilds

Our goal is to spread awareness of, lessen unwarranted hatred of, and create a safe haven for the LGBTQ community and their allies. 

Tags: Gay Straight Alliance, LGBT, homosexual, straight, transgender 

Reply The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance
who here hate hate hates those people that go ''thats so gay Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

HARD N THROBBING INCUBUS

Aged Regular

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 7:55 am
i hate the word gay
i hate how it looks and sounds
i hate identifying that way
i have such a negative connotation of it that it males me come up short when people ask if i am gay
same for homosexual, queer...
i dont think we need 50 ways to describe orientation and its stupid that if i want to be politically correct that i need a damn vocabulary lesson.

>.< (uses gay queer and f** all the time to describe stuff)  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 9:51 pm
As long as it's not some one who matters, and they're not using it in a bad context, I don't care. And by bad context I mean, as in saying homosexuality is stupid or something. I realize it's just a phrase, and heck I've even said "That's so gay! >.<" before without thinking about it, so I won't jump down some one else's throat for it. Just gotta remember, most people don't have bad intentions when saying the phrase, and probably aren't trying to offend you by saying it.  

Kamorynth

cvbkfgbkjmgbcj

Timid Darling

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 12:09 pm
The GSA my friend belongs to made T-shirts that say "that's so straight."
When I hear people (who i know) say, i politely request that they don't. If they blatantly refuse me, then obviously they're beneath my notice.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 12:48 pm
gay = happy

wllz

Invisible Smoker

7,375 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Loiterer 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200

Kelsey MacAilbert

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 1:34 pm
I don't get how "That's so gay" is generally acceptable when pretty much any phrase like it, like "That's so Jewish" or "That's so Mexican" would piss people off.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 1:34 pm
most times people use it in ignorance, i dont like it and i try to correct people when they make the mistake of saying it. if they just dont listen to me i start saying "thats so striaght" and usually that shuts them up. most of my friends haave been trained out of that habbit. in return i dont say "oh my God".  

Amaterasu Nisshoku

PixiecuTT

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 4:18 pm
don't use the phrase myself, and while I don't really approve of its use, it doesn't make me angry or even really annoy me. I'm much, much more annoyed by people who try and dictate which things I ought to be offended by.  
The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff