Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Barely-Knowns

Back to Guilds

A guild for all who are just faces in the Gaia crowd. 

Tags: barely, known, unknown, chill, ninja 

Reply The Barely-Knowns
Is it wrong to firebomb your bosses? Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

cheesy nipples

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 2:25 pm
So here's the deal. I was supposed to be on training all week next week but its been cancelled.

So instead they told me my only day off was being cancelled and I was being put on standby. They also told me I was working a night shift in Stafford, which is 25 miles away from me.

The shift was only going to be 5 hours long.

So I said no. I told them I have plans on Sunday, my day off and I wasn't willing to travel up to Stafford for a few hours work.

So they've cancelled the shift, told me because I was unwilling to work it and refused the work I am being docked my hours next week.
Instead of having 48 hours pay next week, I get 12.

So, would it be wrong for me to firebomb my bosses? I have the address for the offices. I've been there a few times and know the layout. I can get the home address of the gaffer too pretty easily.
Explosives/ flammable grenades are easy enough to make from items available at the local DIY stores.
I could pull it off quite easily.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 9:42 pm
And this is why I'm afraid of going into the workforce. Bosses are just ******** cruel. Still, I'd rather not see you end up in jail, nips.  

Reeves
Captain

Dapper Dabbler

8,550 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Autobiographer 200

Violaceous Vertigo

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 9:28 am
cheesy nipples
So here's the deal. I was supposed to be on training all week next week but its been cancelled.

So instead they told me my only day off was being cancelled and I was being put on standby. They also told me I was working a night shift in Stafford, which is 25 miles away from me.

The shift was only going to be 5 hours long.

So I said no. I told them I have plans on Sunday, my day off and I wasn't willing to travel up to Stafford for a few hours work.

So they've cancelled the shift, told me because I was unwilling to work it and refused the work I am being docked my hours next week.
Instead of having 48 hours pay next week, I get 12.

So, would it be wrong for me to firebomb my bosses? I have the address for the offices. I've been there a few times and know the layout. I can get the home address of the gaffer too pretty easily.
Explosives/ flammable grenades are easy enough to make from items available at the local DIY stores.
I could pull it off quite easily.
all your sanity and wits they will all vanish, I promise....

I know I've said this before, but seriously, you need to get a new job. And don't give me the "I can't find anything, it'll all be the same crap" because it's not possible for everywhere to have someone who is that much of a douchebag in charge.

Flipping burgers would be better than this. At least you'd get to play with the deep fryer.

...It's just a matter of time.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 9:58 am
I'm looking, but the company I work for has just bought most of the competition. My options are limited.
I'be been around asking if there are any jobs going in the shops downtown, but they're all cutting back on staff to save money.

I dont know what else to do really. I'd work 2/3 jobs if I have to, its finding something though.  

cheesy nipples

Reeves
Captain

Dapper Dabbler

8,550 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 10:38 am
cheesy nipples
I'm looking, but the company I work for has just bought most of the competition. My options are limited.
I'be been around asking if there are any jobs going in the shops downtown, but they're all cutting back on staff to save money.

I dont know what else to do really. I'd work 2/3 jobs if I have to, its finding something though.

Do you still live in London? What about trying to find a job in a different city? And yes, I know, that does mean the living situation is rough, but it's just a thought.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 11:22 am
Live in London? I think you have me confused with someone else. I'be never lived in London.

And I can't afford to move, got no money. I could never afford to pay the bills if I did move. I would need to be earning another grand a month. And that's not gonna happen unless I get a high up position which I have no qualifications for.  

cheesy nipples

Reeves
Captain

Dapper Dabbler

8,550 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 10:25 am
cheesy nipples
Live in London? I think you have me confused with someone else. I'be never lived in London.

And I can't afford to move, got no money. I could never afford to pay the bills if I did move. I would need to be earning another grand a month. And that's not gonna happen unless I get a high up position which I have no qualifications for.

Ugh, sorry, dumb comment on my part. Where do you live again?  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 10:52 am
Reeves
cheesy nipples

Birmingham-ish.

I've been looking at jobs all day and haven't found anything that I can apply for.

cheesy nipples

Reeves
Captain

Dapper Dabbler

8,550 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 11:10 am
cheesy nipples
Reeves
cheesy nipples

Birmingham-ish.

I've been looking at jobs all day and haven't found anything that I can apply for.

But there's no other city you can go to? I guess there's no such thing as affordable living in your country.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 11:19 am
Reeves
cheesy nipples
Reeves
cheesy nipples

Birmingham-ish.

But there's no other city you can go to? I guess there's no such thing as affordable living in your country.

Affordable living in this country is paying 500 a month rent, with around 600 on top for household bills, plus whatever else for personal debts on top.

To be able to rent my own place, I need to be earning about 2k a month. If I move to any of the larger cities, that cost goes up.

cheesy nipples

NogginDew

Business Werewolf

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 3:00 pm
cheesy nipples
Reeves
cheesy nipples
Reeves
cheesy nipples

Birmingham-ish.

Affordable living in this country is paying 500 a month rent, with around 600 on top for household bills, plus whatever else for personal debts on top.

To be able to rent my own place, I need to be earning about 2k a month. If I move to any of the larger cities, that cost goes up.

500 rent and 600 for utilities and stuff? Jesus. Do they not have apartment complexes over there, where the water, electricity and garbage/recycling are just part of the rent?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 3:09 pm
£500 + £600 for rent/utilities? that doesn't sound right

I was looking to permanently move to London last year and the places i was looking at were about £400(ish) a month, including utilities. and that's London.

maybe a flat/house share would be cheaper?  

Nu Lucrezia

Desirable Grabber

10,675 Points
  • Pie For All! 300
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Nudist Colony 200

Reeves
Captain

Dapper Dabbler

8,550 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 1:44 am
Yeah, dude, utilities should not be more expensive than rent. If anything, utilities should be a fifth to a quarter of the amount of rent you pay. Unless you meant the utilities increases the rent to 600?  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 4:46 am
450 - 500 a month rent.
30-40 gas
50-60 electric
160 Tv lisence
45 water
20 phone line
70-80 council tax

It all adds up. That may not be exactly right but its pretty close. There are some places that include the utilities, but not many.

cheesy nipples

Nu Lucrezia

Desirable Grabber

10,675 Points
  • Pie For All! 300
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 5:49 am
cheesy nipples
450 - 500 a month rent.
30-40 gas
50-60 electric
160 Tv lisence
45 water
20 phone line
70-80 council tax

It all adds up. That may not be exactly right but its pretty close. There are some places that include the utilities, but not many.
you can do tv license and council tax monthly, so that might cut down on things a bit sweatdrop  
The Barely-Knowns

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff