Welcome to Gaia! ::

Yu-Gi-Oh! Duellists of Gaia

Back to Guilds

YDoG is an all TCG guild for all duellists. We also cover the entire Yu-Gi-Oh! games, shows, manga and RPG. 

Tags: Yugioh, Tournament, Duel, Trading Card Game, Anime 

Reply Domino City
Konami - On its Way to Fixing the Game?! Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Space Toad -B

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 6:58 am
We have received sometime between last night and this morning, one can only assume pure daylight in Japan, some great news that I have personally argued with people time and again over.

Come March 19th, 2011, when the 2011 Starter Deck is released and premiering Yu-Gi-Oh! ZeXal's Exceed Monsters in our game, priority will no longer be an existing, legitimate mechanic. Ignition effects are no longer plausible upon summoning of the card. Spell Speed 1 abilities are finally as they should be - Spell Speed 1.

What exactly does this mean: For those who have complained about Dark Armed Dragon and Judgment Dragon, even well after they've received their proper place on the Forbidden & Restricted List, now is your chance. For those who remember the horrible period of Dark Strike Fighter, a new day has come.
Monsters with ignition effects, such as Dark Armed Dragon, Scrap Dragon, and Gravekeeper's Descendant, cannot declare the activation of their effects upon successful summon. These effects must now wait until the resolution and response of the opponent before the ignition may take place.

It's very simple, very straightforward, and it should have happened a long time ago.

Sources: Link 1, Link 2.

Discuss.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 7:51 am
Welp there goes Frog Monarch.  

Kunx the Mighty

Space Toad -B

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 7:54 am
Monarchs are not affected by the priority ruling. Trigger effects that activate upon meeting a specific requirement still activate and resolve, but must first await response from the opponent.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 7:59 am
Welp there goes Frog Monarch being Top Tier again.  

Kunx the Mighty

Space Toad -B

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 8:06 am
Agreed.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 8:46 am
I'm a little upset that this ruling will come into effect in a few weeks. I've always understood priority effects. This does balance the game slightly, it might even bring back some cards...oh look snipe hunter has come back.

To sum things up people are going to b***h no matter what and consider a ruling unfair, but you'll play anyway, you mad?

To add to this discussion, if anyone here even thinks that the chaos monsters will make a come back...think again, they won't.  

Heywouldntyouknow

oucyan

Lavish Demigod

32,350 Points
  • Tax Evader 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 8:53 am
yay.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 8:54 am
TwinHeart
I'm a little upset that this ruling will come into affect in a few weeks. I've always understood priority effects. This does balance the game slightly, it might even bring back some cards...oh look snipe hunter has come back.

To sum things up people are going to b***h no matter what and consider a ruling unfair, but you'll play anyway, you mad?

To add to this discussion, if anyone here even thinks that the chaos monsters will make a come back...think again, they won't.

Well Snipe Hunter and Chaos Sorcerer is at 3  

Kunx the Mighty

Heywouldntyouknow

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 8:59 am
Kunx the Mighty
TwinHeart
I'm a little upset that this ruling will come into affect in a few weeks. I've always understood priority effects. This does balance the game slightly, it might even bring back some cards...oh look snipe hunter has come back.

Well Snipe Hunter and Chaos Sorcerer is at 3

I know, that was a hint of poorly used sarcasm.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 10:20 am
Will Black Rose's effect still nuke the field or not?  

Australian Igloo

Shirtless Bloodsucker

7,300 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200

Space Toad -B

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 10:32 am
Scrap Dragon
Will Black Rose's effect still nuke the field or not?
Trigger =/= Ignition. Black Rose Dragon's effect will still destroy the field, and even chain to Dandylion still.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 4:26 pm
Mustard Like Soup

Come March 19th, 2011, when the 2011 Starter Deck is released and premiering Yu-Gi-Oh! ZeXal's Exceed Monsters in our game, priority will no longer be an existing, legitimate mechanic. Ignition effects are no longer plausible upon summoning of the card. Spell Speed 1 abilities are finally as they should be - Spell Speed 1.

Spell Speed 1 - What does that include, please pardon my noob-ness. I have learnt Yugioh from the PSP so my knowledge is based on experience instead of learning.
So does that include traps or does the term spell speed 1 include traps and spells?
Can a monster with an ignition effect, like Scrap Dragon chain to a spell speed 1 card?  

Australian Igloo

Shirtless Bloodsucker

7,300 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200

Avalon avenger

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 10:24 pm
Scrap Dragon
Mustard Like Soup

Spell Speed 1 - What does that include, please pardon my noob-ness. I have learnt Yugioh from the PSP so my knowledge is based on experience instead of learning.
So does that include traps or does the term spell speed 1 include traps and spells?
Can a monster with an ignition effect, like Scrap Dragon chain to a spell speed 1 card?
Spell Speed 1 defines basic spell cards, continuous spell cards, equip spell cards, field spell cards, and now ignition monster effects'. A chain cannot be initiated between to spell speed 1 effects.
Spell Speed 2 defines basic traps, continuous traps, trigger and multi trigger monster effects. Chains can be initiated be spell speed 2 cards and spell speed 2 cards, as well as spell speed 1 cards.
Spell Speed 3 defines Counter traps and Counter Traps alone. Counter traps can chain all other spell speeds.
I hope this isn't too confusing for you.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 11:56 pm
Using the example of Scrap Dragon, does this mean that:

If I summon Scrap Dragon and my opponent activates Bottomless Trap Hole I can still activate Scrap Dragon's ability to target and destroy stuff?

If I summon Scrap Dragon and my opponent activates Book of Moon he gets flipped and I cant do anything, regarding his effect?  

Australian Igloo

Shirtless Bloodsucker

7,300 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200

Gravitational Molestation

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 3:38 am
Under the current rules, whenever you summon a monster that has an effect similar to "Once per turn you can..." you can choose to use that effect BEFORE your opponent can use Bottomless, Torrential, etc.

This means that if, in your example, you summoned Scrap Dragon, you could activate his effect upon the summon. Your opponent could then chain Bottomless or Book of Moon. Neither will stop the Dragon's effect.

Under the new rules, you cannot do this. If you summon Scrap Dragon they can Bottomless, etc without you being able to use the Dragon's effect.

On a side note, that Mustard forgot to mention, the rule change has no activation date for the TCG. The press release is completely for the OCG field, for it to coincide with the release of the ZeXal Starter Deck.

I, for one, am highly looking forward to this.  
Domino City

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff