Welcome to Gaia! ::

Yu-Gi-Oh! Duellists of Gaia

Back to Guilds

YDoG is an all TCG guild for all duellists. We also cover the entire Yu-Gi-Oh! games, shows, manga and RPG. 

Tags: Yugioh, Tournament, Duel, Trading Card Game, Anime 

Reply Domino City
Free-for-all using Elemental Hero Wildedge?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Yusaru

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 12:08 am
In a Free-for-all, would Wildedge attack both my opponent's monsters, or would I have to pick an opponent to attack?  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 12:43 am
im going to say it can attack everything but im not sure  

shrab_shinoe

Yusaru

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 1:03 am
shrab_shinoe
im going to say it can attack everything but im not sure

I just wanted to find out before did it.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 1:56 am
Even in a free-for-all you have to choose 1 opponent if the card says "opponent" or "opponent's". Only cards that say "Destroy All", "Both Players" and "All Monster/ Spells &/or Traps" should be able to hit all players.

For example: A card like "Tremendous Fire" would hit all of your opponent's because it says "opponent's". Thats not fair to anyone but you and it messes up alot of cards. A card thats ment to hit a single opponent then hits all opponents because of wording.

This game isn't made for free-for-alls, so you have to treat all cards that say "opponent" or "opponent's" as "target opponent" or "target opponent's(as in aimming at something a single opponent has many of)".  

Shahal Rainrix

King Codger

14,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Alchemy Level 5 100

Yusaru

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 5:50 am
Shahal Rainrix
Even in a free-for-all you have to choose 1 opponent if the card says "opponent" or "opponent's". Only cards that say "Destroy All", "Both Players" and "All Monster/ Spells &/or Traps" should be able to hit all players.

For example: A card like "Tremendous Fire" would hit all of your opponent's because it says "opponent's". Thats not fair to anyone but you and it messes up alot of cards. A card thats ment to hit a single opponent then hits all opponents because of wording.

This game isn't made for free-for-alls, so you have to treat all cards that say "opponent" or "opponent's" as "target opponent" or "target opponent's(as in aimming at something a single opponent has many of)".

That works I guess. lol. It makes more sense anyway! Thanks!! biggrin  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 7:37 am
Does something like Lightning Vortex fit in that category, too? In a Free-for-All duel, if you use Lightning Vortex, does that mean you have to choose which opponent it's used on, or would it clear each opponent's monster zones?  

Amensu Saje
Crew

6,950 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Citizen 200

B1g_crunch

Questionable Loiterer

8,800 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 9:56 am
Amensu Saje
Does something like Lightning Vortex fit in that category, too? In a Free-for-All duel, if you use Lightning Vortex, does that mean you have to choose which opponent it's used on, or would it clear each opponent's monster zones?

Since it only targets the opponent, you have to choose the target opponent to take the effect.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 12:02 pm
Yusaru
Shahal Rainrix

That works I guess. lol. It makes more sense anyway! Thanks!! biggrin

I used to play free-for-all all the time with my friends.

You are correct Labyrinthknight7. Thats how it'd work. mrgreen  

Shahal Rainrix

King Codger

14,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Alchemy Level 5 100

Yusaru

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 7:44 pm
Thanks, I wasn't sure So That's why I asked. Now I know! =) Thanks! =)  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 9:38 pm
Just to be clear, these are rules me and my friends made to be fair to one another. You can make free-for-all rules anything you want them to be. My friend Kat was the one who put the list of rules we made on her computer sence we'd all hang out at her place. So I only have what I remember.

Its not hard to make rules up when you have 5 people to help. You can put everything to a vote that way.  

Shahal Rainrix

King Codger

14,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Alchemy Level 5 100

RAVEN x159

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 12:11 pm
i think in ffa u can only atk the person with the highest LP  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 2:06 pm
RAVEN x159
i think in ffa u can only atk the person with the highest LP

If its attack the guy with the highest LP only, it wouldn't really be a ffa. It would also make things like LP gain pointless. You could also dead lock the the game with cards like Tornado Wall or monsters that can't be killed or are very strong.  

Shahal Rainrix

King Codger

14,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Alchemy Level 5 100

Yusaru

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 6:41 am
Shahal Rainrix
Just to be clear, these are rules me and my friends made to be fair to one another. You can make free-for-all rules anything you want them to be. My friend Kat was the one who put the list of rules we made on her computer sence we'd all hang out at her place. So I only have what I remember.

Its not hard to make rules up when you have 5 people to help. You can put everything to a vote that way.

Wow! that sounds pretty affective! =) I'll run it by the gang and see what they think! =^)  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 8:41 am
Good luck with your free-for-alls. If you guys have trouble, I might beable to help.  

Shahal Rainrix

King Codger

14,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Alchemy Level 5 100
Domino City

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items