Welcome to Gaia! ::

~ Midnight Moon ~

Back to Guilds

~ for pagans, wiccans and witches ~ 

Tags: wiccan, witchcraft, paganism, wicca, heathenry 

Reply *~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)
Information on Certain Crystals?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

TheHangedQueen

Sparkly Reveler

9,350 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 3:35 pm
I just bought some more crystals and was just dropping by to post a forum and ask those of you who have any sort of crystal knowledge to provide some wisdom as to what their properties and whatnot are. I've also been looking online as well but decided it couldn't hurt to ask around here as well. smile Also, she mentioned something about my fluorite crystal being a record keeper wand so if anybody knows something about those, that would be appreciated as well. lol
haha I would also like to know some good cleansing and energizing methods for them as well. lol
~Fluorite (green and purple.)
~Sunstone
~Rainbow Moonstone
~Selenite
~Black tourmaline
~Nephrite Jade
~Mookaite  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 9:23 pm
xXQueen_AzraelXx
I just bought some more crystals and was just dropping by to post a forum and ask those of you who have any sort of crystal knowledge to provide some wisdom as to what their properties and whatnot are. I've also been looking online as well but decided it couldn't hurt to ask around here as well. smile Also, she mentioned something about my fluorite crystal being a record keeper wand so if anybody knows something about those, that would be appreciated as well. lol
haha I would also like to know some good cleansing and energizing methods for them as well. lol
~Fluorite (green and purple.)
~Sunstone
~Rainbow Moonstone
~Selenite
~Black tourmaline
~Nephrite Jade
~Mookaite

A quick rundown from my personal working knowledge:

- Fluorite is a good stone for cleansing and balancing one's aura. It's also useful for 'amping' other stones. Typically the deeper the colour, the stronger the effect. This stone is soft, so it shouldn't be struck or worn everyday. Wind and water are good for cleansing it, but avoid salt. Sunlight will cause any colour to fade over time. Moonlight to charge works well.

- Sunstone is excellent for connecting yourself to joy and pleasure. It can give courage, and revitalize. You can leave this stone in salt to cleanse, or water, and sunlight is the best charging for this stone.

- Rainbow Moonstone has lots of uses. It can be used to stimulate psychic awareness, to soothe and calm a troubled spirit, to stimulate gentle dreams, and to disperse pain, especially of a feminine nature. It is best cleansed in running water, and charged in moonlight.

- Selenite is a stone that transmits energy and light very brightly. Typically it's thought to enhance communication between the self and higher forms of spiritual entities. It penetrates to the heart of truth, and gets right to the point. It's thought to be useful for cleansing and healing as well. Under no circumstances should selenite ever touch water. It will splinter sometimes, as well, so handle it with care. It is brittle, and will break easily. I cleanse mine on top of, not buried in, salt, and charge in moonlight.

-Black Tourmaline is the Cadillac of personal protection. It will ward off negative energy and influences from all spheres; it provides mental, physical, and spiritual protection. Think of it as a shield. This is an excellent stone for empaths. Salt cleansing and water cleansing are both ok with tourmaline. I charge mine in sunlight, but moonlight may also work for your purposes, or charged on a quartz cluster.

- Nephrite Jade is thought to be very lucky, and to attract prosperity, good health, peace, and joy. Water cleansing works best for this stone, and a sunlight charge.

- Mookaite is a sort of odd stone from Western Australia. It's a jasper, and has the common property of all jaspers as a grounding and protective stone. It's also good at helping accept and deal with change. It's a very stable stone, and may also help stabilize one's health. (I have a friend who thinks this stone should be from the planet Vulcan, from Star Trek.) Salt or water cleanse, earth works too, and a sunlight charge.  

Morgandria

Aged Shapeshifter

TheHangedQueen

Sparkly Reveler

9,350 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 5:45 pm
alright. Thank you so much! This is very helpful information. smile  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 1:22 pm
There's a lot of really helpful guides out there.
My personal favorite is "Crystal Enchantments" by D.J. Conway. It gives folklore and history, and a few facts along with the magical properties.  

Leithern

Tipsy Kitten

34,450 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Invisibility 100
  • Supreme Supporter 500

Morgandria

Aged Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 5:39 pm
Leithern
My personal favorite is "Crystal Enchantments" by D.J. Conway. It gives folklore and history, and a few facts along with the magical properties.

I would hesitate to ever recommend a D.J. Conway book on any subject, to anyone. The research in most of her books is dubious.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 2:39 pm
Morgandria
Leithern

I would hesitate to ever recommend a D.J. Conway book on any subject, to anyone. The research in most of her books is dubious.

Are there any books you do recommend that I read? Also, do you know anything about Angelite and Tigers Eye?  

TheHangedQueen

Sparkly Reveler

9,350 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Bunny Spotter 50

Morgandria

Aged Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 3:41 pm
xXQueen_AzraelXx
Morgandria
Leithern

Are there any books you do recommend that I read? Also, do you know anything about Angelite and Tigers Eye?

I like Melody's 'Love is In The Earth'. You'll have to filter it a bit - it does get very new-agey in places, and its' 'American Indian' information is total nonsense - but there's some very decent information to be found in there. It has no pictures, though, so if you aren't already familiar with a crystal's appearance it won't help you with that. Judy Hall's 'The Crystal Bible' has colour pictures, and is very good as well. There's a new edition just out a couple years ago.

Mindat.org has galleries of photos, and tons of useful information about minerals and gems. It has no metaphysical information, but it is handy for helping identify stones.

Angelite is supposed to be calming, gentle and soothing. It can also help a person connect to (forgive the new-age speak) 'higher beings' - 'guardian' angels, guides, deity - the usual suspects. It's also supposed to offer support and protection for spiritual journeying. It's associated with the throat chakra, because of its' colour, and might help healing aliments of the throat. It's one of the stones I don't 'get along' with well, so I have no personal experience with it.

Tiger's Eye comes in three different colours - red, gold, and blue. Blue Tiger's Eye is sometimes called Hawk's Eye. This stone is very grounding. It is very protective as well, and can increase prosperity. It's also said to strengthen willpower, and energy. All colours of Tiger's Eye are said to be lucky. Gold Tiger's Eye strengthens the solar plexus chakra, while Red works with the root chakra, and Blue the throat.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 4:03 pm
Alright. Thanks so much! I really appreciate this. smile  

TheHangedQueen

Sparkly Reveler

9,350 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Bunny Spotter 50
*~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games