Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Back to Guilds

WHERE IT IS ALWAYS HALLOWEEN (and sometimes exams) 

Tags: Halloween, Demons, Monsters, Roleplay, Academy 

Reply { Dorms } ------------------------Personal Profiles/Journals Here
[reaper] ashford's haunt Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

its me debz
Crew

Wicked Shadow

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 8:42 pm

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

--
Chibizoo
Arel stared at the application - titled 'Ashford, Reaper', and then at the clock behind him.

It was lunch time.

--

acceptance letter | ashford himself | room & board | names to faces | progress report | photographic evidence

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 9:30 pm
AMITYVILLE ACADEMY ENROLLMENT FORM

Name: Henry Ashford Charles III
Nicknames: Ash. Just Ash. Please.

Faction/Race Reaper - Pyramidkind

Personality: Ash is best described as a slightly self-absorbed social leper without much of a sense of humour. He is overly formal, in both dress and personality. Rarely is he seen outside collared shirts, slacks, oxford shoes, and, of course, his trusty pocketwatch. Of course, the Pyramid Head uniform ruins this with a bloodied apron, a giant helm, and latex gloves. Outside of that, thank you very much, Henry Ashford is a strictly professional kind of boy.

He insists on taking himself too seriously, as Ash would much rather be perceived as a stick in the mud instead of flippant. It doesn't necessarily make him a bad person, just uptight. He has a hard time laughing at himself and his mistakes, instead choosing to hone in on them and fixate rather than actually help himself.

While he does not try to be, Ash is arrogant and a fair bit selfish. He will often forget to check up on friends, refuse to talk to them about what they like, not make eye contact during conversations, walk off in the middle of conversations...

The exception being, of course, Thackery.

It's not that he thinks he's better than everyone-- far from it-- but Ash spent most of his younger years in near complete isolation. His subtype isn't populated by the most social or the most clean-cut of Reaperkind, so the majority of his attempts to befriend ended unpleasantly. A Pyramid Head that wears collared shirts and slacks?

Disgraceful. Pyramidkind was supposed to instill fear into the hearts of everyone, if possible, by being quiet, tall, and violent. Grimy, dark, slithering into the corners of their enemies' minds, taking and twisting.

Ash, however, is prim and proper. Clean, for Pumpkinhead's sake. Who in their right mind would be terrified of an awkward boil?

That weird kid, sort of staring at you for way too long from across the cafeteria? Unblinking? Shuffling about?

That's Ashford.

--

Ashford has, like all other Pyramid Heads, a Great Knife that he wields to cull the living. He carries it around with him everywhere, as well as his pyarmid helm, which is part of standard uniform. He can't wear it to classes, most days, due to its bulk, which strips him of a least three layers of confidence.

He knows how to act like a unit. A soldier, a reaper. Helm donned. Gloves slipped on. Knife strapped to his back. Apron tied. Boots on.

But outside of that? He doesn't know how to react. He can't mask his emotions, be it disgust or joy or distress. His voice is frequently huksy from disuse. His hands are perpetually clammy from the gloves-- which he refuses to take off-- and really, he wishes that he could just put the helm back on.

Even though he hasn't passed his Reaper exam, he does his best to be as scarily studious as possible.

Nonetheless, it's hard. Being a kid and growing up. It's hard and nobody understands.

--

Hobbies:
-- Cello, though he's not that good...he insists on sawing at the thing, and as a result he's got countless bows that are snapped and have been mended back together with tape. Roommates and dormmates, beware. His 'music' sounds like black alley cats fighting...
-- Possibly, being a male FEARleader? Due to his strength/lack of knowledge of social norms, he'd not be opposed to demonstrating his school spirit.
-- D&H -- he prefers to watch, but I think he'd show up religiously. Not even sure why, but I think it would be a safe place to observe other Halloweentown residents unabashed.

Why are they enrolled in Amityville Academy? The other Pyramid Heads often murmured to themselves (sometimes, not so quietly) that he was a disgrace to Reaperkind. Disappointed, his guardian parents sent him to Amityville, in hopes of him cleaning up in time to pass his Reaper Examination Tests with full marks.

FEAR: The Great Knife -- The Great Knife itself is a harvester of FEAR through guilt. It's heavy to all that would wield it, but the burden is lessened for Ash, as he is this Knife's owner.

It can siphon guilt from a nearby target to power up his next swing. Or, he can send it out as FEAR in a shockwave AOE effect, damaging his opponent.

However...anything beyond simply swinging the blade takes an enormous amount of concentration and energy from Ashford to pull off. Generally, he will stick to siphoning guilt-- not necessarily doing anything to the opponent, merely feeding off of the guilt already present in the mind.

It will not enhance or make any thoughts nightmarish unless the target chooses to go there of their own accord.

Natural Ability -- Brute strength. He's got to hold that sword up somehow, right? While the Great Knife drains him, any other object is generally a breeze for him to lift/etc. He's had it all his life, though, like all Pyramid Heads, so he knows his strength.

-- Guilt Amplification. If Ash is within a 15 foot range of other beings, he can amplify any guilt they might feel for a 30 second duration, and the same target can't fall prey to it more than a few times a day. He cannot change it, only intensify it. The amplification is a blanket area of effect by default, so if there are multiple targets, he has to focus intently on one person in order for it to be of any use. Otherwise, four people will maybe sort of feel bad for forgetting the milk that one time, and be done with it.

--

acceptance letter | ashford himself | room & board | names to faces | progress report | photographic evidence

its me debz
Crew

Wicked Shadow

its me debz
Crew

Wicked Shadow

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 9:38 pm

User Image

Ashford's room is bare, often bloodstained, and leaking with light. A bare mattress in the corner next to a dresser.

Hisstofer stalks around campus at will...

While Precious is content to preen in the sunlight, as long as she's fed.

I can't believe he has this.

--

9. Hippolyta's Arrowhead: This oversized arrowhead is made of a simple glass, but when tilted just so, it glows violet and green. There's a white leather strap tied to the base of it.
Battle Effect: Once every 72 OOC hours, you may use this arrowhead to cut yourself or someone else. By doing so, the target is then stuck in a psychedelic vision for a duration between 2 and 6 OOC hours. Extrapolate however you desire: but whatever they see isn't actually there.

--

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 9:45 pm
Nahm -- Decent guy. Big teeth. Has a twin. Eats all things.
Aymet -- Strange as hell, goofy. Seems nice enough.
Amrita -- A very kind individual, beautiful on the inside and out. I hope for her happiness.
Thackery -- My boilfriend, and my everything. Mine. Forever.

Deryk-- Scared. Hunter.
Cass-- Hits like a very large blade despite her small stature. Hunter.
Marcus-- Horrible. Yelled constantly.

its me debz
Crew

Wicked Shadow

its me debz
Crew

Wicked Shadow

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 9:46 pm
22/75 points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 9:56 pm
y2 art - tig
Official Uniform - Stae
Hanging Out-Outfit - Stae
Smerdle
Moi

--

its me debz
Crew

Wicked Shadow

its me debz
Crew

Wicked Shadow

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 6:18 pm

Truth or Dare

Words: 817

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 3:21 am

Trial By Fire

Words: 1153