Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ahoy!
  Indie?
View Results

Tanyarbles

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 11:37 am
I ******** love my mom. We've gotten WAY closer since I got out of high school/got a boyfriend. She has the same weirdass humor as I do, she's the most open-minded person I've ever met, and she's more of a leader than I'll ever be. She's insanely driven when she wants to be, and can express her feelings with such ease -- I wish I could do the latter! We get along way too well. I always tease her, but then she teases me right back. In the end, no matter what it is, we always end up laughing. Always.

I really think our relationship is built up on laughter. I trust her very much and tell her almost everything, because I know she would never get angry at me and I would never get angry at her.

IT'S AWESOME. *thumbs up*

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 12:05 pm
I wish I had gotten along better with my mom.

She died when I was 16, right before my birthday and right before I started my senior year in Highschool.

We never got along very well and I never had a woman figure in my life other than her. She was drunk most of the times I saw her. The only really good memory I have of her is when she gave me a drink and we got wasted together. That's pretty much the only bonding time we had. I told her a ton of secrets about myself that she didn't remember. She told me a lot of secrets about herself that I, almost unfortunately, remember in great detail.

After she died, I found some journals she kept.
For the last five years of her life, she wrote every day in a journal.
I read through all of them and literally could not find one good thing she wrote about me.
She didn't think very high of me at all. She blamed me for all of her problems; her divorce, her drinking, her absolute misery.

I remember when I was about 13-14 I told her once that I had self-esteem problems, I felt like a disgusting person and I was thinking about developing an eating disorder. She laughed at me.
A week later I told her I wanted to kill myself. And she laughed at me again.

I kind of wish I had a mother figure in my life. Both then and now.
I sometimes think of my boyfriend's mom as a mother figure, but then I remember she's not my mom, she never will be, and she probably doesn't even want me to think of her that way.

Reading all of the previous posts made me cry. I never realized how much a mother could affect someone's life like that.  

Mimikyuute

Priskills

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 6:57 pm
We aren't very close and I can't really say I feel like I love her, but I don't hate her either. Kind of think my mom is a little pathetic and stresses out over nothing but I guess through her years of taking crap she has probable cause. Socially with others she looks good and puts up a good front but I know on the inside she can't do anything by herself and is very desperate and unstable. I am pretty sure I became who I am not by seeing her example and wanting to be the OPPOSITE of that.

Everyone I know IRL who hates their mom is exactly like their mom and has the same flaws pbbfft. Same goes for vice versa, people who love their parents for some awesome traits have those same traits.

For example a girl I used to give rides home from school would always be all "MY MOM IS SUCH A b***h. SHE DOESN'T UNDERSTAND ME. SHE TAKES HER ANGER OUT ON ME AND BITCHES ABOUT ALL HER PROBLEMS TO ME AS IF CAN DO ANYTHING ABOUT IT." and I am like "... do you hear yourself right now? This is ironic."

I feel like hating your parents is a common teenage phase most of us go through and those who still hate their parents and fail to understand and accept them are just lagging behind. Unless they literally beat you every day stfu. Even then I watched something once and the father was all "I BEAT HIM BECAUSE I LOVE HIM. I JUST WANT HIM TO BE A MAN AND BE STRONG." and as twisted as it was I was all "That's true as crappy as their personalities may be, they still love you. Agghaskja T__T."

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 1:30 pm
That's amazing! D:

Don't like my mum. I love her cooking though! I know one person who can cook better than her, and she's a chef.

Retard Cow

Addykat

Dapper Krampus

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 2:03 pm
My mom is amazing.

Just ask the several LSGers who have met her. 8D  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 2:31 pm
My mom is selfish b***h who chose drugs and alcohol over her family.
While it would have been nice to have had a motherly figure in my life, I think I turned out fine without.
Besides, I have my daddy. He's awesome. <3

Quaint Ethos

Felin Greenleaf

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 1:59 am
Priskills
We aren't very close and I can't really say I feel like I love her, but I don't hate her either. Kind of think my mom is a little pathetic and stresses out over nothing but I guess through her years of taking crap she has probable cause. Socially with others she looks good and puts up a good front but I know on the inside she can't do anything by herself and is very desperate and unstable. I am pretty sure I became who I am not by seeing her example and wanting to be the OPPOSITE of that.

Everyone I know IRL who hates their mom is exactly like their mom and has the same flaws pbbfft. Same goes for vice versa, people who love their parents for some awesome traits have those same traits.

For example a girl I used to give rides home from school would always be all "MY MOM IS SUCH A b***h. SHE DOESN'T UNDERSTAND ME. SHE TAKES HER ANGER OUT ON ME AND BITCHES ABOUT ALL HER PROBLEMS TO ME AS IF CAN DO ANYTHING ABOUT IT." and I am like "... do you hear yourself right now? This is ironic."

I feel like hating your parents is a common teenage phase most of us go through and those who still hate their parents and fail to understand and accept them are just lagging behind. Unless they literally beat you every day stfu. Even then I watched something once and the father was all "I BEAT HIM BECAUSE I LOVE HIM. I JUST WANT HIM TO BE A MAN AND BE STRONG." and as twisted as it was I was all "That's true as crappy as their personalities may be, they still love you. Agghaskja T__T."

There are other very legitimate reasons to hate your parents.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 3:07 am
Darling Kei
I wish I had gotten along better with my mom.

She died when I was 16, right before my birthday and right before I started my senior year in Highschool.

We never got along very well and I never had a woman figure in my life other than her. She was drunk most of the times I saw her. The only really good memory I have of her is when she gave me a drink and we got wasted together. That's pretty much the only bonding time we had. I told her a ton of secrets about myself that she didn't remember. She told me a lot of secrets about herself that I, almost unfortunately, remember in great detail.

After she died, I found some journals she kept.
For the last five years of her life, she wrote every day in a journal.
I read through all of them and literally could not find one good thing she wrote about me.
She didn't think very high of me at all. She blamed me for all of her problems; her divorce, her drinking, her absolute misery.

I remember when I was about 13-14 I told her once that I had self-esteem problems, I felt like a disgusting person and I was thinking about developing an eating disorder. She laughed at me.
A week later I told her I wanted to kill myself. And she laughed at me again.

I kind of wish I had a mother figure in my life. Both then and now.
I sometimes think of my boyfriend's mom as a mother figure, but then I remember she's not my mom, she never will be, and she probably doesn't even want me to think of her that way.

Reading all of the previous posts made me cry. I never realized how much a mother could affect someone's life like that.

this post is incredible. i can't believe it went unnoticed. or at least portrayed so.

i think an important thing all women should remember is a mother figure does not at all have to be entirely your mother, and you should never feel ashamed of that.
like me. i feel like one of my mother's coworkers, who i haven't properly talked to since i was about 14, is more of a motherly figure to me than my own mother, who has no greater problem than perhaps being slightly bipolar due to menopause and the anxiety she has over the majority of her time and energy that is spent in her work life. this woman, who lives in a town on the opposite side of my state, and who hasn't seen my own mother in perhaps 3 years, is someone i look up to more than the woman who birthed me.
i'm not ashamed. it's who i am. inspiration should not be strictly derived from your parents. you are what you agree and disagree with (among many other things) your entire life. to ever feel any strong connection other than expected family love to your mother, in my opinion, is strictly chance.
that may sound harsh, but it's what i feel.  

captain buttcheeks

Lonely Smoker

Inebriated Pony

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 12:08 pm
Reading about all the LSGers who have far less than favorable relationships with their moms made me tear up. I won't go on a tangent about how it's not normal or whatever, cause I've known loads of kids who grew up minus a mom or a dad and they're decent human beings anyways. It just always seems odd to me that one of the people who created you could be so toxic.
ANYWHO.

I always felt odd in school when I heard other kids blather about how their moms were "soooo strict omfg I got kicked off the phone after 2 hours" or "bawww she won't buy me this game/shirt/bag/exotic pet etc". I was always the kid who only ever had nice things to say about their mom, that were sincere too.

She was never really a "I'm my kid's best pal" kinda mom, but neither was she an overbearing, authoritarian kind of mom. Sure, there were times when I didn't do well on school assignments or classes or didn't do house chores or was a p***k somehow, and I did get the Wrath of Mom for those things but really, that was a given. Everything else was just fine and dandy.

Now that I'm getting older and more independent, it's starting to turn into almost more of a friends thing. She tells me retarded and hilarious stories about her college days, her military life and the s**t that happened in between, and I tell her about crap that happened at school or some new band I've discovered(She thinks it's the most hilarious thing ever that she has a metalhead for a daughter. never fails to tell her pals about this. haha), we laugh and we have fun. I only hope it'll stay that way for as long as we both live.

TL/DR, I love my mom. Simple as that.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 2:20 pm
I love my mom. She's always been here.
She might get mad and yell but she always comes back to comfort.
She wants us to have a better life. She knows are current situation isn't the best and she tries to make the best of it.
She's trying to get us out of it.
I can talk to her about anything. We're very similar in personality.
We can spend hours in a book store together. We can just drive around in silence and that's awesome.
Sometimes she needs to get away and not have kids around and I need to understand that more.
My mom's a great mom even though she had to learn how to be very early in life.
I love her and I always will because I know she loves me.  

Confectionery Puff Rock

10,500 Points
  • Befriended 100
  • Generous 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
Ladies

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items