Welcome to Gaia! ::

Yu-Gi-Oh! Duellists of Gaia

Back to Guilds

YDoG is an all TCG guild for all duellists. We also cover the entire Yu-Gi-Oh! games, shows, manga and RPG. 

Tags: Yugioh, Tournament, Duel, Trading Card Game, Anime 

Reply Domino City
Mechanical malfunction Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

B1g_crunch

Questionable Loiterer

8,800 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 6:24 pm
OK, so I've decided to keep a maximum of 6 decks. Most are already chosen (previously all). With my birthday a few days ago, my friend got me 14 booster packs from the new sets. I've found some GREAT cards, but I'm met with a dilema.

Currently, I'm skeptical about being able to utilize a scrap deck, even though I've seen their strengths firsthand (it was the same way with infernities and lightsworns for me), but I have more of those cards. Meanwhile, I'm loving the new karakuri monsters, and I even got most of them in the gift I got. I have $70 to spend on new cards after the holidays, so I'm wondering which deck idea I should keep.

Scrap decks are going to be making HUGE waves in future tounaments, with incredible beatsticks and destruction effects. However, their archtype is lacking in a uniform type, only gaining minimal EARTH support, and help from their own kind. Karakuri on the other hand, can be used with EARTH, machine (limiter removal), and karakuri support, even gaining help from SCRAP recycler (ironic, is it not?). Plus with my current number of scraps, and their popularity, I could trade for the rest of the archtype for a pretty cheap deal.

I'm terrible with 1:1 decisions, so I'm letting the guild give input. Which should be kept, and which should be left out?  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 8:28 am
Bump  

B1g_crunch

Questionable Loiterer

8,800 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Flatterer 200

oucyan

Lavish Demigod

32,350 Points
  • Tax Evader 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 12:31 pm
tough choice. i honestly can't help you.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 12:33 pm
Karakuri are a dead archetype, with dead support in the future. Scraps already have potential, with really good support in the future.

Go with Scraps.  

Space Toad -B

B1g_crunch

Questionable Loiterer

8,800 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 1:38 pm
Mustard Like Soup
Karakuri are a dead archetype, with dead support in the future. Scraps already have potential, with really good support in the future.

Go with Scraps.

Here's the thing though, with scrap cards I expect some real competition in trying to get the cards I'd need. Karakuri cards are mostly common, and earn support from some pretty good sources. The battle position changing might be a little annoying, but I'm sure there are cards to support it then too.

Unless I get SOLID reasons for one side or another, I'm still stuck on this decision.

P.S.: Anyone who just blasts one archtype out of preference, without giving good reason (dubbed tl;dr trolls), I'm ignoring.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 4:27 pm
Ok how about this, the karakuri suck eggs, will die miserably in a tournament, and are easy to get so even if you choose to use your money to get scraps you'll be able to eventually build a karakuri deck on the side by using the left over stuff from the packs you buy and/or recieve. While scraps will be much harder to make afterwards, will win you tournaments, and like Mustard Like Soup said scraps have potential and are getting really good support in the future.
In short, scrap the karakuri deck and go with scraps.  

Mr_dragon

1,250 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Member 100

Space Toad -B

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 7:37 pm
Konami constructed the Scrap archetype with mechanics possible to be successful, Karakuri do not. As a future investment, it is guaranteed that Scraps will continue with interesting and playable support while having some competitive edge in any playing field.

However, Karakuri will die short, and when they do you will then reach another pause wondering what you should play.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 5:36 am
Mustard Like Soup

Go with Scraps.

Because Infernities were a dead archetype upon release, amirite?

Just saying, you can't predict the future. Especially seeing the recent uprisings of both GKs as a top tier deck and bringing the Amazoness archetype back into a more competitive spotlight than it was. Not to mention the fact that Six Sams are very likely to become Tier 0 come STOR.  

Legendary Pirate Plasma

2,200 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
  • Statustician 100

Legendary Pirate Plasma

2,200 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
  • Statustician 100
PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 5:41 am
Labyrinthknight7
OK, so I've decided to keep a maximum of 6 decks. Most are already chosen (previously all). With my birthday a few days ago, my friend got me 14 booster packs from the new sets. I've found some GREAT cards, but I'm met with a dilema.

Currently, I'm skeptical about being able to utilize a scrap deck, even though I've seen their strengths firsthand (it was the same way with infernities and lightsworns for me), but I have more of those cards. Meanwhile, I'm loving the new karakuri monsters, and I even got most of them in the gift I got. I have $70 to spend on new cards after the holidays, so I'm wondering which deck idea I should keep.

Scrap decks are going to be making HUGE waves in future tounaments, with incredible beatsticks and destruction effects. However, their archtype is lacking in a uniform type, only gaining minimal EARTH support, and help from their own kind. Karakuri on the other hand, can be used with EARTH, machine (limiter removal), and karakuri support, even gaining help from SCRAP recycler (ironic, is it not?). Plus with my current number of scraps, and their popularity, I could trade for the rest of the archtype for a pretty cheap deal.

I'm terrible with 1:1 decisions, so I'm letting the guild give input. Which should be kept, and which should be left out?

I think you should split down the middle and build both. True, neither will be as efficient if you had focused on one or the other, but it never hurts to have more than one deck.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 9:08 am
Legendary Pirate Plasma
Because Infernities were a dead archetype upon release, amirite?
Are you still continuing with your standpoint from a previous thread, when you said Infernity were never sought as a top tier archetype? If so, you were dead wrong, and still are.

Japan knew what they were capable of through screening their abilities. We knew what they were capable of from doing the same, as well as adaptation of what Japan has made. You not knowing how good they were going to be is your own neglect.

Gravekeeper's WERE predicted to rise, as soon as Recruiter was revealed. All players looking to compete know what they can predict to be in the meta is upon confirmation of future support.

Amazon archetype, while receiving some good support, it wasn't enough to stand as high as Gravekeeper's or Infernity. We knew that, too.

Karakuri, however, aren't built with any effective mechanic, or synergy. There is no effectiveness in the monster abilities to switch to defense in the state the meta is in, and no individual abilities to support success.

Scraps. All the way.  

Space Toad -B

Gravitational Molestation

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 9:12 am
Infernities don't have to fear the complete devastation of Chimeratech Fortress Dragon.

Infernities were an OTK.

Your logic fails Pirate and don't cite the Shogun OTK, it's stupid.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 9:32 am
I got an idea last night.
What if I combined ancient gears with karakuri?  

B1g_crunch

Questionable Loiterer

8,800 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Flatterer 200

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 9:32 am
What if I combine Sea Serpents and Pyro?  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 9:35 am
Labyrinthknight7
I got an idea last night.
What if I combined ancient gears with karakuri?

i'd suggest machina's with karakuri's if your going along that route. machina seems to be the most splashible machine set.

but as stated before, scraps are better.  

oucyan

Lavish Demigod

32,350 Points
  • Tax Evader 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 9:47 am
-Karakuri
+Scraps  
Domino City

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]