Do you worry a lot?
  Yes
  No
  Sometimes
View Results

K i m z y

Cold Snowflake

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 7:49 am
This is my second thread, and I'm sorry for making one so soon but I need some virtual support from my fellow guild mates.

So a while back my grandad went for a scan on his chest, and they found something on his lung. They first said it might be tissue damage, but then he was told he had to go for another scan. I'm worried, very worried.
Why would they need another scan? They should have found out what was wrong with my grandad from the first scan.

Anyway, he smokes and has tried to quit smoking but he gets extremely bad tempered and sneakily smokes so there's no point in telling him to quit anymore as the whole family can't deal with his mood swings.

He coughs constantly and because he's coughing so much sometimes a bit of blood comes up, or he will throw up. You can literally hear him wretching.

I just don't want it to be bad news, and because I'm thinking of the negative more than the positive it's starting to play on my mind a lot.

So I have just been told by my gran that she's had a phone call from the hospital and they want to see my grandad tomorrow.
Now I really am worried. Why would they need to tell him to go to the hospital straight away? Why can't the consultant just phone us like they did the first time after he got his results for the scan? He only had the scan on Thursday. crying

I won't sleep very well at all tonight as I will be constantly worrying.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 8:15 am
I'm not going to lie--from my perspective, it sounds bad. But whatever the results are, you have to stick by your grandfather's side. Who knows? It might not be so bad after all.

Could you please keep us posted? :3

Poofta

Malevolent Sex Symbol

8,550 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Signature Look 250

xena91388

Gambino Zealot

14,150 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 8:27 am
Scans, like all medicals tests, can never be 100% accurate. The fact they want him to be scanned again means they suspect something and found nothing or they're double checking something they thought thy found. Either way, they want to be 100% sure they know what he has before they say something like he has cancer, making you guys panic only to turn out he doesn't have it and vise versa.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 8:32 am
Poofta
I'm not going to lie--from my perspective, it sounds bad. But whatever the results are, you have to stick by your grandfather's side. Who knows? It might not be so bad after all.

Could you please keep us posted? :3

I know. Everyone in the family is worried sick, because whilst we are trying to be positive it's hard to want to think positive.

Of course!  

K i m z y

Cold Snowflake

K i m z y

Cold Snowflake

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 8:37 am
xena91388
Scans, like all medicals tests, can never be 100% accurate. The fact they want him to be scanned again means they suspect something and found nothing or they're double checking something they thought thy found. Either way, they want to be 100% sure they know what he has before they say something like he has cancer, making you guys panic only to turn out he doesn't have it and vise versa.

Even so, if they found nothing then they would just phone us up and the consultant would let us know like before but for my grandad to have to go to the hospital it certainly sounds like they have found something important that the consultant needs to discuss with my gran and my grandad.

I worry about Cancer so much as he's losing weight even though he's had a lot of build up drinks that are supposed to help him gain weight.

I will hear the news when they get back from the hospital tomorrow.
The appointment is at eleven in the morning.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 9:44 am
xena91388
[~+~]

Exactly this to be honest.
>.<;

From my own personal point of view, i would take it as something bad - i worry way too much, i swear it's not healthy.
But either way, i hope he's ok.
We'll always all be here for you! heart
Keep us updated?
-hugs-

User Image

Empty Spiral

twistedmx

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 12:06 pm
I'll pray for your grandad and hope he comes home soon :]  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 12:13 pm
Thanks everyone. emo

It's awful because my grandad won't sleep tonight as he will be worrying about the appointment at the hospital tomorrow.
You can see how worried he is by looking at his face.  

K i m z y

Cold Snowflake

K i m z y

Cold Snowflake

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 4:24 am
They think he's got lung cancer. crying  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 10:17 am
[~+~]

Oh hun.
-hugs-

I apologise, i'm really rubbish at saying the right things when it comes to stuff like this.
We're all always here for you when/if you need to talk.
heart

User Image

Empty Spiral

K i m z y

Cold Snowflake

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 10:22 am
Empty Spiral
[~+~]

Oh hun.
-hugs-

I apologise, i'm really rubbish at saying the right things when it comes to stuff like this.
We're all always here for you when/if you need to talk.
heart

User Image

*Hugs back*

They are 99% sure that he has lung cancer.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 10:41 am
[~+~]

Do they know if it'll be curable?

User Image

Empty Spiral

K i m z y

Cold Snowflake

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 10:47 am
Empty Spiral
[~+~]

Do they know if it'll be curable?

User Image

Well, he's having a camera inside him to check whether or not they can operate on him.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 11:01 am
[~+~]

Ah. Well, keep us updated? D:
I hope it'll all be ok. heart

User Image

Empty Spiral

K i m z y

Cold Snowflake

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 11:05 am
Empty Spiral
[~+~]

Ah. Well, keep us updated? D: