Welcome to Gaia! ::

~ Midnight Moon ~

Back to Guilds

~ for pagans, wiccans and witches ~ 

Tags: wiccan, witchcraft, paganism, wicca, heathenry 

Reply *~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)
demons/hostile entities Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ritual at Dusk

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 5:27 am
sadly, I was watching paranormal activity, and though it is incredibly fake and cheesy, it did make me wonder about what I would do if I ever had a demon or some sort of hostile entity following me around. What would everyone else do?  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 5:32 am
I dunno. Offer it cake, maybe. I mean, if I had cake at hand. Everyone likes cake. It's hard to stay malevolent when there is the promise of cake.

The cake is a lie.

Sanguina Cruenta
Vice Captain

Eloquent Bloodsucker

Ritual at Dusk

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 5:38 am
Sanguina Cruenta
I dunno. Offer it cake, maybe. I mean, if I had cake at hand. Everyone likes cake. It's hard to stay malevolent when there is the promise of cake.

The cake is a lie.

possibly, but what if it wanted something more, like a soul or something? if that was the cake, I don't think cake would suffice, unless it was a SOUL CAKE!  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 5:48 am
What?! But it's not Soul Cake Tuesday yet!! You can only have Soul Cake on Soul Cake Tuesday! The Duck hasn't delivered them yet!  

Sanguina Cruenta
Vice Captain

Eloquent Bloodsucker

Esiris

Newbie Sophomore

10,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 7:27 am
Sanguina Cruenta

The cake is a lie.

I'm a pie girl anyway.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 8:05 am
Esiris
Sanguina Cruenta

The cake is a lie.

I'm a pie girl anyway.

PIE! who doesn't love pie? but, personally I would take a foret noire over a pie ANY day.  

Ritual at Dusk

Kagaya Ookami

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 8:31 am
Why is it that it seems that you are all making light of this subject. I think the idea of something following someone around enough that it feels uncomfortable, is a very serious thing. Not all spirits are here for a good talk.....I believe that some, if given enough energy, can manifest themselves to hurt people. Therefore, why should such matters be taken lightly? I would suggest using a recording device that you know is very sensitive to sounds and see what you can pick up. Maybe talk and ask questions and then wait for a few minutes and see if you get a response, do it for hours and then afterwards replay the device and see what turns up.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 8:34 am
Pie and cake sound good to me maybe I'd offer up some chocolate ice cream as a third malevolent canceling out option cause if you don't like pie, cake, or ice cream then you clearly can't exist.

On a more serious note, I'd probably want to be certain there was a manevolent something or other and I wasn't just having a bad week. There would be some meditation and consultation with trust friends and my guides. I'd take mundane steps to alleviate my problems which would vary depending on what I decided proved there was something up.

After that, I'd probably try to clear energy out of where I live work. Start my day with daily positive affirmations and what not. If I needed to do more I'd look into then.

I'm not really sure hauntings happen in the traditional sense often seen on ghost shows, it's so far out of my personal experience, it's hard to say what I would do if I found they were real.  

blindfaith^_^

7,200 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200

blindfaith^_^

7,200 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 8:41 am
Kagaya Ookami
Why is it that it seems that you are all making light of this subject. I think the idea of something following someone around enough that it feels uncomfortable, is a very serious thing. Not all spirits are here for a good talk.....I believe that some, if given enough energy, can manifest themselves to hurt people. Therefore, why should such matters be taken lightly? I would suggest using a recording device that you know is very sensitive to sounds and see what you can pick up. Maybe talk and ask questions and then wait for a few minutes and see if you get a response, do it for hours and then afterwards replay the device and see what turns up.

Emphasis mine. The point being that focusing in taking a threat seriously, attempting to communicate with said being would help give it hold, reality, and energy in this world. True sometimes you've got to address the problem head on, but often comedy can help minimize the problem. Also the whole spirit being following you around and threatening thing is very horror movie. I don't think a lot of people have the experience or will have the experience to appreciate the level of dread or worry it might steep someone else in.

Beyond that, I often find my way into the divine through play and fun rather than more solemn ritual approach. Offering an active spirit cake might well be an opening for communication and understanding even if I was unnerved by it. Perhaps I'd hope to start off with a more formal and friendly introduction. Depending on the scenerio it might be appropriate or it might be silly.,  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 9:17 am
Well, as I said, talk to the ghost or spirit, use something to record and see what comes up, if it's nothing bad, then don't really worry about it, if it is, then take appropriate steps to ensure your safety. It's actually quite simple really and I'm sorry that I wasn't more.....thorough in my wording.  

Kagaya Ookami

TheStarlessSkye

8,225 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 11:13 am
I just ate pie biggrin  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 4:31 pm
blindfaith^_^
Kagaya Ookami

Emphasis mine. The point being that focusing in taking a threat seriously, attempting to communicate with said being would help give it hold, reality, and energy in this world. True sometimes you've got to address the problem head on, but often comedy can help minimize the problem. Also the whole spirit being following you around and threatening thing is very horror movie. I don't think a lot of people have the experience or will have the experience to appreciate the level of dread or worry it might steep someone else in.

Beyond that, I often find my way into the divine through play and fun rather than more solemn ritual approach. Offering an active spirit cake might well be an opening for communication and understanding even if I was unnerved by it. Perhaps I'd hope to start off with a more formal and friendly introduction. Depending on the scenerio it might be appropriate or it might be silly.,

See, this girl gets what I'm talkin' about wink

My theory is, a lot of the time we might interpret something's actions as just generally malevolent, when really it's either not meaning to frighten us (and we're scared because it's something strange we aren't familiar with or things are happening in ways we don't have a handle on) or it's annoyed and frustrated - the spirit is having a bad week, rather than us wink

Really it all depends on the situation. But the mention of the recording device is very confusing to me. I'm not sure why this would help anything.... I mean, if anything you'll be picking up random sounds from all over, ones you personally might not be hearing, and could later interpret these as something they're not.  

Sanguina Cruenta
Vice Captain

Eloquent Bloodsucker

Ritual at Dusk

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 6:39 pm
Kagaya Ookami

that is simply comfirming that there is something there, how is that solving any of your problems??? that is one main problem I have with the paranormal nowadays, a lot of people who are interested in it act like everything is as simply solved as putting a microphone or a video camera out and then everything will just go back to normal, but that does nothing to solve any problems that there might be!  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 7:25 pm
maybe appease it, probably nothing. I believe in ghosts and spirits, but I do not believe that they can harm me in any way. We can talk to them, and that is it. They can not move things, or kill things. They have no physical body, so they can not do physical things. So since it can not hurt me, I would not feel obliged to do anything at all. As a good person, however, with a conscience, I would feel as though if I did not help the spirit that came to me, I would be in the wrong. So in that case, I would do my best to solve the spirits problem.  

zabazor

Ritual at Dusk

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 5:38 am
zabazor
maybe appease it, probably nothing. I believe in ghosts and spirits, but I do not believe that they can harm me in any way. We can talk to them, and that is it. They can not move things, or kill things. They have no physical body, so they can not do physical things. So since it can not hurt me, I would not feel obliged to do anything at all. As a good person, however, with a conscience, I would feel as though if I did not help the spirit that came to me, I would be in the wrong. So in that case, I would do my best to solve the spirits problem.

I think in most cases you are probably right that they can't hurt you, but ruling out the possibility is a bad idea. We know so little about the paranormal that to make such a judgement like that is silly. Also, if we can do things like heal ourselves through energy means and travel to the astral planes and such, I don't see it too impossible that a powerful spirit could manage some damage on physical beings.  
*~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games