Welcome to Gaia! ::

Roleplaying Gems [A Literate Roleplaying Community]

Back to Guilds

We provide a roleplaying environment suitable for learning, teaching, mentoring, and benefiting from that experience. 

Tags: roleplaying, gems, literate, roleplay, fantasy 

Reply Roleplaying Gems [Roleplaying + Community Area]
More Meteor Showers Bring Even Stranger Powers. (O/A) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 550 551 552 553 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Nova Blancke

Supreme Demigod

6,925 Points
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2024 2:45 pm
Liam tilted his head a bit in confusion as he raised his eyebrow.

"That was a...metaphor. Perhaps I did not use it right." He responded.

In response to her other comment, he only gave her a courteous bow.

"No thanks required." He looked at Freya. Strange, even with wet hair she looked good." It's what friends do." Responding with Okami's words in mind. No more pursuing her. Just be a friend.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2024 9:21 pm
Rikki Tikki Travi
"It is not as simple as overcoming it, nor is it as complex as you think. The difficulty lies in accepting every aspect of yourself, flaws and all. You are afraid of having your heart broken. Accept that fear, and you accept yourself. Becoming terminal means pulling away the mask that hides yourself from others and unshackling your power with it. Your most repressed desires will be front and center. If you cannot accept that, then the mask will remain on. I would demonstrate, but you have a date to get ready for and I'm not certain if my terminal state would draw from you."

Trinity listened carefully as Sil spoke, she needed to prepare. “Yeah, let’s put a pin on that for now. There’s something else I need to take care of before that…” Trinity went to check the location of Rydia. She had taken her into custody, got a confession on tape and she was sentenced to be held overnight in Valhalla’s prison. Placing citizens' lives at risk was no joke.

Then it was time to clock out and get ready for her evening. She decided to dress up for the occasion. She started by letting down her hair down resting on her shoulders. One could tell the difference in length. While loosening her hair she figured out what she was going to wear. It was an outfit she was going to wear when she would go out on a nice date with Theonis. So much happened during their time together that that night didn’t happen. Even when they got together a second time it was in secret she just needed to know if she could have moved forward with the way things are currently. Yet the answer was she couldn’t.

Instead of getting caught up in what might have been, she started looking forward to a new beginning. Well not exactly a new beginning since this would be a second time with Myth. Relationships take 32 but who was counting?

Moments later at the bar Taylor Swift's 'Look What You Made Me Do' was starting up. One after the other black stilettos with a metallic heel stepped onto the floor. Legs that seemed to go on for days were covered with tanned stalkings which worked with the black mini skirt she was wearing with laces tied up the side daring to reveal a little more up the side. The black halter top continued the lace trend on the sides. Her berry-colored lips shimmered as she smiled, her green eyes glowed briefly as they were surrounded with dark purple eye shadow and black eyeliner that featured a wing. Her hair was wavy and parted to the side. People wondered who was she? It’s rather rare that the head of security would get glammed up in such a fashion.

She strolled up to Myth’s table and asked, “Is this taken?”  

PixelMuse

5,500 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0

Kerana

8,475 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Consumer 0
PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2024 9:58 pm
Rikki Tikki Travi
[…]
He excused himself and Kerana from the doctor and took one of two seats in the waiting area. "I don't know if we should say anything yet, Kay. I don't think it would be fair for everyone to know before she does, but then we also have to think about the big picture. I hate saying this, but she wont be able to train for fight for months."

Kerana's phone rang to indicate a voice message. It was her mother, with her father shouting in the background.

"Si, I know I know, I saw him do it too!" Raina said to Leander

Leander then insisted, "With a scythe, Raina! Where did he even get that thing?!"

"You wouldn't believe me if I told you. Kerana, it's your mother. It's crazy here! They said a purple haired girl got shot! Was that the Latina girl who came with us, Diedra or something? I know you and Alec left to help, but your father and I are worried sick! Please let us know that you kids are okay as soon as you get this!"

Kerana listened to Alec and nodded in agreement. “Damien granted her, her boon. How do we transfer it without him?”

She noticed her phone, “It’s my folks…” she took a moment to listen and snickered at their exchange about Alec. “My dad seemed concerned about your scythe.” She said as she filled him in. Kerana texted her parents

Alec and I are fine. I’ll explain what happened later.

Hopefully, it was enough to quell their worries.

—————————-

BeaMichelle
Ravan smiled broadly when she heard Sarah's voice in her head. It reached her eyes when the mermaid's forehead met her hand. She loved the warm feeling that came with this interaction. As far as Ravan knew, she was the only one who was greeted by Sarah that way. It made her feel special and a way that she lacked the understanding to describe.

"Hi Sarah! I did like you said and went to the fair. You were right about it, especially the food! I brought some back for you since you said you missed it."

Ravan swiveled the ring into a small collection and hovered it in front of her. "Did you know that there are lots of kinds of funnel cakes? I was gonna bring one of each but Deo-"

Ravan felt her throat lock up when she mentioned Deora's name. It was weird. She usually only reacted that way when someone had just died, but Deora was still alive. Sick, but alive.

"Deora said you'd probably like this one most."

As Ravan spoke of Deora she grew worried. “You okay? Did something happen?” Her black spheres looked to her with concern. She thought it would be rude to read her mind. Even though she could have done it, it was a matter of respect.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2024 12:48 pm
Myth looked up from his phone and scanned Trinity with his eyes. He whistled and smirked, "Man oh man. I forgot how good you look when you let your hair down."

He motioned to the chair and sat up straight. "I took the liberty of telling my relief to start up your usual as soon as he saw you enter. I hope you don't mind."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Alec chuckled and rubbed the back of his neck with his hand. "Heh, and I thought explaining who I am to your mom was nerve wracking. Your Dad seems like a pretty intense guy."

A nurse stepped out and said, "Alec, Kerana? Deora would like to see you. By the way, she's already been told her diagnosis. So don't feel like you have to keep any secrets from her."

Deora lay reclined on the bed, her head turned away from Alec and Kerana. When she heard their footfalls, she turned her head to face them. Her eyes were red and her cheeks stained with tears. She sniffed and then smiled weakly to the couple. "Hey guys. I...uh, I don't know what to say. Um, I think I need a hug. Kay?"  

Rikki Tikki Travi

BeaMichelle

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2024 1:04 pm
Ravan paused for a moment. As much as she hated to admit it, her mandatory therapy had actually helped her learn how to be less abrasive with her words. She took a moment to think about how to say what she needed to say. It was unfortunate that she did not fully grasp the gravity of the situation.

She smiled and waved dismissively, "Yea, but it's nothing major anymore. Deora got shot at the fair, and then Kerana was able to make her all better again. Alec took us to the hospital here, and then the doctors said that Deora was sick with something called Luke Eemiya. But it's gonna be okay, because the doctor said Deora could be treated. Plus we don't have to worry about the monster that shot her anymore because I killed him right away."

"See, it'll all be okay."
she said with optimistically blissful ignorance.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2024 12:07 am

Sarah listened carefully.”Luke Eemiya? Do you mean Lukemia? Oh my. It is quite the life threatening disease. It is treatable, yes but as of right now there isn’t a cure. Treatment may buy her some time but she will need to be treated for the rest of life.” She paused a moment letting that sit for a moment. “Something tells me she could really use her friends right now if she just found out. Perhaps we should visit her?”
——————————————————————————————————-
Rikki Tikki Travi
Alec chuckled and rubbed the back of his neck with his hand. "Heh, and I thought explaining who I am to your mom was nerve wracking. Your Dad seems like a pretty intense guy."

A nurse stepped out and said, "Alec, Kerana? Deora would like to see you. By the way, she's already been told her diagnosis. So don't feel like you have to keep any secrets from her."

Deora lay reclined on the bed, her head turned away from Alec and Kerana. When she heard their footfalls, she turned her head to face them. Her eyes were red and her cheeks stained with tears. She sniffed and then smiled weakly to the couple. "Hey guys. I...uh, I don't know what to say. Um, I think I need a hug. Kay?"

”Yeah he can be. It’s part of why I would go to my mom more often about stuff than him.” The nurse stepped in and filled in the latest on Deora. Kerana’s heart sank as she thought of what she could be feeling.

As they entered Kerana’s eyes welled up and wish she could heal her of this ailment but that was not an option. When she mentioned she needed a hug Kerana rushed to her tightly. “I’m so sorry Deora.” cat_crying

Kerana

8,475 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Consumer 0

Rikki Tikki Travi

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:06 pm
Okami waited for Lokelonni and Freya to leave. Once they were gone she sighed and said to Liam, "Now that they're gone, I need your help with something."

She hopped through the hole in the wall and began to sniff something out. It did not take her long to find what she was looking for. She pawed at a couch cushion until it fell off. Underneath were several plastic bottles of wild turkey, fireball, and malibu. "Mom's probably gonna tell Freya sometime tonight. Before she gets back, I want to get rid of her stash. Well, all but one. Once she finds out what we did she'll be really mad. One bottle will make it a little less crazy. I don't have hands anymore, so I'm gonna need your help to pour these down the sink."

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:14 pm
Theresa skated through the halls of Valhalla on her way to see her big brother. Since the disaster that was her first time trying Chariot's signature trick, she had gotten a lot better. She had also been told many a time by security and staff not to do it. The did not care at that moment. She had to share what had happened with Theonis.

She rolled up to his door and reconfigured her feet back into shoes. She knocked on the door as lightly as possible while still making an audible rap. She had broken many a door since her ascension, so she was extra careful. Her voice, however, she did not hold back with.

"Theooonis! Are you there?! Its me, Theresa! Your little sister! Hello?!"

BeaMichelle

Nova Blancke

Supreme Demigod

6,925 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:38 pm
Like Okami, Liam waited for them to leave before he started cleaning up some more. It wasn't until Okami said something that he stopped. It would be time for her mother to tell her. But he did worry how it would affect her. All he could do was to be there for her at this stage.

"That would be wise considering her ...urge for self-destruction."

Liam nodded and picked up a few bottles, using his telekinesis to float the others to the sink.

"I believe I will know when she will know because of the...large hole in the wall"

Meanwhile Theo was in his office. Though there wasn't a lot of work, it was nice to catch up on some things. At times he was slightly jealous of Gidget's former ability to use the computational power of her robot frame. It would certainly make things easier.

The knocking followed by a voice interupted his thoughts.

"Come in Tess"

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2024 12:09 pm
Ravan's blissful ignorance faded as the weight of the situation was made clear to her. Treatable, but with no cure? Such a concept seemed awful to her. This world was supposed to be safe, and now there are things that can kill them that they cannot see.

"I don't understand. Gidget's the smartest woman on the planet, and there's no cure for this disease? It just doesn't seem real."

When Sarah mentioned going to visit Deora, Ravan looked at her aquatic friend with equal parts confusion and concern. "I, I guess? But I thought you had to stay in the pools? You can actually leave?"

Theresa accepted the invitation and hopped into her brother's office. "Hey! I wanted to tell you something, and also show you something."

She placed a small, laminated school house drawing down on his desk. It had her name on it. "I'm officially a student here, now! They said they're gonna put me into a special accelerated program since I learn things faster than all the other kids. Also!"

She took a step back and took a quick breath. Within a few seconds, she had gone from being the age of a first grader to her adult self. However, her clothes seemed to ripple and shift to keep up with the growth. Not only that, they changed style to match her age.

"Isn't this cool?! Miss Gidget is letting me beta test this! She called it adaptive nano textiles, or ANT. It changes with me. She also said that she's working on making an armoured version for our moon mission."

She pointed to a hairband that she was not wearing at breakfast. "This is what does it. She told me not to take it off until I got back to my room, or I'd flash everyone around me. I don't know what being naked has to do with bright light, be she knows a lot so I believe her."

BeaMichelle

Rikki Tikki Travi

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2024 12:16 pm
Deora held on tightly to Kerana and cried with her. "No, don't say that! It's not your fault! You saved my life today! I'd be dead now if it weren't for you!"

After a moment of letting her emotions out, she drew her red eyes to Alec and asked, "Did, do you know if I..."

Alec shook his head and spoke with a kind softness, "No, you're going to make it. It's not time for you yet. At least, not so long as you keep up with your treatments."

Deora paused for a second, then it she understood what he meant. "Carajo. You mean after all this, all the crap Fenris put me through, I can't go to the moon?!"

Okami methodically sniffed out every last one of Freya's hiding spots. By the time they were done, the since was filled with enough bottles of liquor to stock Valhalla's bar for a weekend. All that was left was a bottle of Freya's favorite Sake.

"Jeez, I knew it was bad, but this is beyond belief. I think the only reason she isn't dead yet is because she's a half elf, and she was a lycanthrope."

She looked to Liam, thought for a moment, and then huffed, "After you pour all that out, and before she gets back, I'm gonna give you a crash course on the dos and don'ts of tsunderes."

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2024 1:37 pm
Liam was surprised at the amount of bottles they found. It was like Okami said. It was beyond reasonable belief. They had enough for a really small liquor store. It was...concerning.

As he was pouring it out, he took a sip of the contents and got the same shudder he got the night before. The buzz as some people called it, He could understand but the loss of control over your own functions was still difficult for him to accept.

"Tsunderes?"

Theo greeted his half-sister. It was still odd to see her as an adult, someone his age. Especially after this morning when he or rather, all of them, discovered she can switch between a child and young adult. Right now she had seemed to master that ability already. it was so damn strange to watch.

He was aware of Gidget's projects. She had him to approve of them in the end after all. It was just a small formality but still. Her naming sense was...questionable. At least it made sense.

"That's...still impressive to see. Damn." Theo responded.

"Best listen to her. She knows what she is talking about." He said not intending to explain what flashing meant.

Nova Blancke

Supreme Demigod

6,925 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Signature Look 250

PixelMuse

5,500 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2024 9:14 am
Rikki Tikki Travi
Myth looked up from his phone and scanned Trinity with his eyes. He whistled and smirked, "Man oh man. I forgot how good you look when you let your hair down."

He motioned to the chair and sat up straight. "I took the liberty of telling my relief to start up your usual as soon as he saw you enter. I hope you don't mind."

“Oh?” So that wasn’t a coincidence. He definitely wanted this to be more than just a friendly dinner too. “Looks like someone has been listening to my playlist.”

I trust nobody
and nobody trusts me
I'm the actress staring
in your bad dreams

She strode up to Myth with intentions. She observed his slacks his button-up shirt emphasizing his chest, his biceps, and shoulders. She played with his tie and was looking at his hair “tsk tsk tsk Dean Nixon, this may work for other girls but I like your hair messy. May I?” Myth allowed it. She tousled his hair and noticed the smell of his cologne.

This took her back to when she first laid eyes on him. Drops of sweat landed on the floor. His upper body glistened as his muscles tightened to maintain balance as he was doing handstand push-ups. At the time she thought she was the only one that had this as part of her routine. Then the flashback took her to their first meeting and then to their first date. “Ah, there he is.” She stopped messing with his hair and took a moment to look at him remembering how he looked on their first date.

Meanwhile the shippers on social media were sharing photos and highlighting every detail of what was going on in this date.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2024 4:05 pm
Theresa grinned with an enthusiastic, "Heh heeeeh." She then shifted back to her teenage self, "This is how I'm most comfortable, I think. So I'll be a kid at school, a big kid normally, and a grown up when I fight."

She put her hand behind her back and leaned a little closer to Theonis. "I also wanted to say something that I haven't said yet. You were the first person who was ever nice to me when I was split up. I felt safe for the first time in my life because of you. My life changed the day you found me and gave me my first cheeseburger. I just wanted to say thank you."

She jumped forward and threw her arms over Theonis' shoulder. She hugged him gently and whispered, "I love you, big brother."

BeaMichelle

Roleplaying Gems [Roleplaying + Community Area]

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 550 551 552 553 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces