Welcome to Gaia! ::

Roleplaying Gems [A Literate Roleplaying Community]

Back to Guilds

We provide a roleplaying environment suitable for learning, teaching, mentoring, and benefiting from that experience. 

Tags: roleplaying, gems, literate, roleplay, fantasy 

Reply Roleplaying Gems [Roleplaying + Community Area]
More Meteor Showers Bring Even Stranger Powers. (O/A) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 549 550 551 552 553 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Rikki Tikki Travi

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2024 12:17 pm
Okami's tail wagged as her nose zeroedin on the ham that Freya had dropped when she went through the wall. She clamped down on it and carried it back into Liam's side of the hole. Not wanting to make more of a mess, she put the honey basted sweet meet on a large piece of drywall. She learned very young that it was rude to just drop your food on the floor. She took a few bites of it and lost herself in flavor nirvana. She made sounds that were not too dissimilarto Freya's enjoyment squeeks.

She swalled the portion and looked to Liam. "So, what'd ya say to set her off?"

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2024 12:52 pm
Liam followed Okami out back to his side of the apartment or rather, his actual apartment. Using his telekinesis he set aside some of the rubble. It wasn't spotless but it looked a lot better. Sitting down on a chair, he leaned on the table.

"Multiple things. She was already drunk when she came here. Said she was 'too sober for this s**t'. I realize the mistakes I've made. I asked about her drinking. First mistake." Liam said as he watched Okami eat. She too seemed to really enjoy it. Hopefully she would not throw up.

"After she had proceeded to....regurgitate her dinner, I took her to the bathroom. She asked just what I say in her. I may or may not have said that I was in love with her."

"She got.....violent. The wall over there was a result of her being thrown through by a friend of mine who offered to check up on her. Freya did as Freya does and provoked."

"This evening has been....very eventful."

Nova Blancke

Supreme Demigod

6,925 Points
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Signature Look 250

Rikki Tikki Travi

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2024 7:04 am
Okami chewed both the meat and her thoughts as Liam told his tale. She swallowed and replied, "That's so weird. I'd be over the moon if someone told me they loved me. But, then again, Freya did always get upset if she woke up next to a guy I mated with the night before. I dunno, I always thought she was really weird about affection. I mean, yeah that Allines guy was terrible, but he's been dead for a while now. She's tried to explain it to me, but I don't get it."

She took another bite of the ham and asked as she chewed. "So whatcha gonna do now? I hope you keep trying. You seem nice, and you don't smell like a bad guy."

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2024 12:08 pm
Something she said did confirm something he had wondered before.

She...feels as if she does not deserve it. But she does and I will be....less forward in my declarations but I will not stop. She does not see herself the way I see her. Freya is just...." He stopped talking for he knew of many words that could come after that sentence and he didn't know which one would fit better.

"But...thank you for..what do they call it...being in my corner, Okami."

Nova Blancke

Supreme Demigod

6,925 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Signature Look 250

Rikki Tikki Travi

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2024 5:04 pm
Okami smiled and wagged her tail. "It's nothing, really. I just really want Freya to be happy; even if she really doesn't want to be. Also, I think you should just stop with the declarations. At least for now. Just be a friend for her. Let her get to know you. Show her you're someone who cares without any sort of catch in mind. I think she'll appreciate that more than anything else."

She took one last bite of the ham and swallowed it down with delight. "That was great! I'm sure Freya loved it too."

Her nose caught something else. She looked toward the table and saw what smelled like graham crackers with a bunch of white stuff on top. "Say, what's that? I've never seen that before."

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2024 2:58 pm
"I will keep that in mind. It's all quite new to me." Liam responded ."And yes...she did like it. So much that she did not want me to tell anyone she loved it."

He looked over to the table. She must have meant the Cheesecake. Liam actually did a some research. Being aware of what humans could eat was vital as he was one. But he realized after asking Okami if she could eat honey that he didn't know a lot about what wolves could eat.

"That is a Yoghurt-Ricotta Cheesecake. But it is not something you should eat. As I have read that it can cause abdominal pain, bloating and diarrhea" He answered.

Nova Blancke

Supreme Demigod

6,925 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Signature Look 250

Rikki Tikki Travi

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2024 6:55 am
Okami put her head on the table and observed the cheesecake. Her ears tilted and she responded, "Well, I don't know what a bloating or daria are, but I don't like the sound of pain. But, surely a little taste wouldn't hurt."

She slowly stuck her tongue forward and was about to touch it when there came a knock at the door that was accompanied by an all too familiar voice.

"Liam? It's Lokelonni. Is Freya with you?"  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2024 7:07 am
"I suppose" Liam responded to Okami.

Like Okami he heard the knock and the voice that came afterwards. Hard not to notice it.

He got up and walked to the door, opening it.

"Good evening, she is currently asleep in her own apartment. Which you can access through mine at the moment. Would you like to come in?"

Nova Blancke

Supreme Demigod

6,925 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Signature Look 250

Rikki Tikki Travi

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2024 8:50 am
"Yes I would, thank you." Lokelonni replied with a grateful huff. She entered and turned in the direction of Freya's room.

"Be careful where you step, Mother. Freya got thrown through a wall." Okami cautioned.

Lokelonni sighed, "Of course she was. Thank you, Okami. I'll be careful."

Using her cane as a guide, Lokelonni stepped through the lower part of the hole and approached her sleeping daughter. She tenderly placed a hand on Freya's face, and then she followed up with a sharp slap.

Freya awoke with a start and held her reddening cheek. "Ooooww-uh! What the Hell?! Mom?! What're you doing here? Why'd ya slap me."

"Because you did not return my phone, I had to be notified in person that your niece has been arrested for assault and battery. For reasons I am sure you know nothing of?"

"Uhhhh"

"Do not bother. You reek of vomit and drywall. Go get cleaned up. We have to bail Rydia out, and I do not have the human capital to do it."

While Freya left to go clean up, Lokelonni approached Liam and bowed her head. "I apologize profusely for my foolish daughter's behavior. It seems she still has some maturing to do."  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2024 1:37 pm
Liam let her in and watched her make her way to Freya's room before he heard was she did there. It was impressive how a woman who claimed to be so old could move with such grace. He couldn't help but chuckle a bit as he heard the interaction.

It was then that Lokelonni apologized to him on Freya's behalf.

"It is alright, this is a mistake that I have made and she responded as she does. I will not make that mistake again. Besides, it was....an eventful and fun evening. Even if she did throw up my dinner." Liam responded." I would offer you some, the dinner I mean, but I believe you are in a hurry." He offered with a soft smile.

Nova Blancke

Supreme Demigod

6,925 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Signature Look 250

Rikki Tikki Travi

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2024 4:47 pm
Lokelonni sighed with fatigue and replied, "Indeed. Not twenty-four hours have passed, my young daughter is a drunken mess, and my granddaughter is being held in prison for stringing up a pair of miscreants from a flagpole."

She turned an ear in the direction of Freya's bathroom to make sure she had the water running. In a hushed tone she said to Okami and Liam, "I do not wish to spend what precious time I have left with my family in disarray."

Okami's ears lowered in sadness. She knew what her mother spoke of. They had talked about it the night before. She wanted badly to tell Freya, but Lokelonni had made her promise not to; that she would be the one to tell her human twin.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2024 2:00 pm
"Prison?" Liam responded and raised an eyebrow.

He was then reminded of how little time she had left. How she had not yet told Freya.

"You should tell her" He responded in a similar tone." It is not fair to her that I know and she does not." He said looking at Lokelonni. It wasn't something he realized but humans really heavily on facial expressions but mostly on the eyes of another. It was a lot harder to read her expressions with her blindfold on.

Nova Blancke

Supreme Demigod

6,925 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Signature Look 250

Rikki Tikki Travi

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2024 10:31 am
"Yes, prison, or at least what this place calls it's jail. Apparently, she took it upon herself to enact poetic justice."

Lokelonni let out a tired sigh and held her face in her hands for a moment as she took in the truth of Liam's words. "I know, but you saw how she reacted to whatever it is that happened tonight. Imagine how she will react when she I tell her about the spirit rot. I am afraid she will drink herself to death. She needs a group of people that she can lean on; not just Trinity. That poor girl has enough to worry about without Freya adding to it."

"What about me? We're sisters. She can lean on me, and I'll lean on her" insisted Okami.

Lokelonni approached Okami and cradled her furry face gently. "I know you will, my moonlight, but I know you. You would try to shoulder Freya's grief on your own, so that no one else has to be bothered. You will need to grieve too, Okami."

She then looked toward Liam and said, "And you, Liam. As strong as you are, you do not yet comprehend the full spectrum of human emotions. If you are not ready, or if you neglect your own feelings, she may very well bring you down with her."  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2024 3:47 pm
Liam knew what a jail was. But he did not interrupt her. From what he had seen first hand she had a different kind of power over others despite being frail. He would not challenge her on it. But her next words to him did make him pause. His own ability to understand emotions of both others and his own. It was something he discovered this evening with Freya's self-destruction. Pain was still new to him but what he felt wasn't physical pain. Strange. But the added thoughts of the fact that Lokelonni won't be around for much longer on top of that felt....heavier.

Liam frowned a bit as he was in thought," Do not reach out a hand to someone drowning if you cannot swim."

"I've read that somewhere. But, I will do my best to learn how to swim. She...deserves it. I don't think I would be able to ignore her suffering."

Nova Blancke

Supreme Demigod

6,925 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Signature Look 250

Rikki Tikki Travi

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2024 1:45 pm
If Lokelonni did not have her eyes covered, it would be clear where Freya gets one of her many expressions. "Learn to swim? Oh, that is not what I...*sigh* never mind. I hope that you will. Someone devoid of their own inner demons would have the best chance."

"Best chance of what?"

Freya entered with a change of clothes and her hair still damp. She had thought about not washing her hair, but she changed her mind when she realized some flecks of her previously eaten dinner were laced into her wild locks.

"Our best chance of getting things back so some semblance of normality. What took you?"

"Sorry, the water pressure was low as s**t...I, uh, wonder why that is."

"I doubt there is any need to 'wonder.' Now come along. I doubt Rydia is making things pleasant for her guards."

Lokelonni turned to Okami and said, "Okami, you may do as you wish. I am sorry, but I doubt there is much you could offer in the way of assistance in this matter."

"That's okay. Cages make me nervous anyway."

Lokelonni then turned her attention back to Liam and bowed. "In spite of everything, thank you for tolerating my fool of a daughter."  
Roleplaying Gems [Roleplaying + Community Area]

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 549 550 551 552 553 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff