Welcome to Gaia! ::

Roleplaying Gems [A Literate Roleplaying Community]

Back to Guilds

We provide a roleplaying environment suitable for learning, teaching, mentoring, and benefiting from that experience. 

Tags: roleplaying, gems, literate, roleplay, fantasy 

Reply Roleplaying Gems [Roleplaying + Community Area]
More Meteor Showers Bring Even Stranger Powers. (O/A) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 354 355 356 357 358 359 ... 550 551 552 553 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

PixelMuse

5,500 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2014 11:21 pm
Trinity observed their conversation and thought Veran had a very good point. Without his presence it could be a major security flaw especially if one of the outsiders was working as a double agent and earned Freya's trust to get this far. But she was afraid this was not her place to voice her opinion, since it appears that Adam was the Head of Security here, or at least a high ranking official. She noticed the scar right before Freya whistled. As they went down the corridors she took note at possible entry points of the premises.

As Adam pose the question, Trinity smirked then replied, "Motion sick, hah! That was not an option being Freya's student and all."  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2014 9:59 am
Nova Blancke
"Agreed.My experience comes from those before me. From the men and women who have lived long and are reaching their end. They provide me with life experience and information. Question. If something was not supposed to exist but does, does it have purpose or does it live outside of purpose?"

"In my limited experience, I have come to find that there is no objective purpose to anything. All living creatures make their own purpose. Inventors were not told that they had to change technology. Artists were not told that they had to touch the hearts and minds of the masses. Warlords were not told that they had to conquer and kill. These people reached a conclusion as dictated by their own thought processes and experiences."

"As such, so shall we. I feel I am on the path of knowledge and creation. I have found great satisfaction in learning and assisting others. I was told that your first moments of consciousness were not pleasant. It pained me to hear that. I hope that the rest of the month has seen you well."

Rikki Tikki Travi

Rikki Tikki Travi

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2014 10:04 am
Nova Blancke
"Speak of the fear devil....."Theonis sighed before steeling up. At times like this he wished he didn't take the job. But now he had to work with what he had. No complaining now. He wrote a quick reply about being on his way.

It didn't take him long to reach his office. Before reaching it he straightened his tie a bit. He knew this was important and that he still does not have enough experience with it. He took a deep breath and entered.

"I hope you I haven't kept you waiting for too long" Theonis started out as a greeting." This place can be quite the maze." He shook his hand and introduced himself." There are a few things that we need to discuss beforehand." He motioned to his office.

Charles Ray hadn't been waiting long, but he was eager to speak his daughter. This further delay did vex him slightly, but he knew he had to play nice if he wanted a chance of walking out of the facility in one piece. Let alone see Helena.

"I thought that we had everything worked out? Helena agreed to see me, and I am here alone and under guard. What else is there to discuss?"

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2014 10:25 am
Adam couldn't help but chuckle. "Your letters didn't lie, Freya. She's definitely shows influence from both you and your brother."

The doors of the railway car slid open and Adam stepped through. He waited for the others to climb aboard before signaling the conductor to depart with a sharp whistle.

"Hold on to something."

There was no acceleration. The rail car departed at top speed. As they left the tunnel it became apparent that the transport system worked with a series of electromagnetic rails that were placed within large glass tubes.

As it turned out it was not a subway system, but a sky rail. They almost the entire expanse of the civilization around them safe for other side of the citadel that towered in the center of it.

The world of these elves was a definitive combination of both old and new. The architecture of the buildings still held the appearance of something seen in movies or imagined in books. Yet there were vehicles that propelled themselves. Illuminated advertisements for local shops and shows.

The massive city seemed to be split off into sections. Each had their own town square which displayed a strange etching that could be identified as a number were one able to read the ancient language.

Freya pressed her face and hands against one of the rail car's windows. It was a ritual of sorts for her to survey the city and see what was new

Adam gripped one of the hand holds as he studied the strangers.

"Don't get me wrong. I trust Freya, but if either of you starts anything while you're here I wont hesitate to put a bullet in your heads. And if you think any sort of power will stop these from splitting your skulls you'd better think again.

I don't know if she told you or not, but we refine and forge mythril here. It negates powers. Even those types that make a person change into s**t like smoke, fire, water,"

He made sure to look both of them in the eyes as he said the last two words.

"Shadow or light."

But then he became pleasant again. "But I'm sure it wont come to that, right? You guys are here to warn us about something and help."

"As curious as I am about the situation, I'd like for you to save it for my wife. That way you don't have to repeat yourselves."

Rikki Tikki Travi

Nova Blancke

Supreme Demigod

6,925 Points
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2014 3:52 pm
It all wasn't what Liv expected at all! She thought it was just some kind of mystical island but she never expected this! It was like a movie.

Adam's reminder didn't do much for Liv. It's nice and all for him that the metal can cancel out the power but she had the speed of light! Good luck with that.

"That's....good to know. Honestly, I'm just their ride home."

As they took a seat in his office Theonis folded his hands. He needed to be clear with Charles.

"I appreciate you coming out here alone. I do. But what I am about to say isn't known to many. You have a right to know since you came here for her. But she isn't here anymore. After our call something....happened. Something dragged her into the shadows. Please stay calm, I've sent Trinity and Freya after her right away. If anyone knows shadows it's them. I am sorry this happened but it was unforeseeable. All we can do now is wait." Theonis confessed, keeping a calm tone. He did feel sympathy for the man and he was sure he couldn't conceal that.

"I'm sorry to ask but.... may I ask why this was so urgent?"

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2014 5:50 pm
Charles was positively seething. Every sentence spoken by this so called headmaster was bringing pain to the scars on the right side of his face. Oh yes he could see that Theonis was truly sympathetic, but that didn't make him any less angry that his daughter was in danger while under their watch.

"It is urgent, Mr. Richards, because I am living on borrowed time. I need to speak to my daughter about her birthright. She is the only child I have, and thus she has first rights to take over the business."

He leaned forward and folded his hand together in front of his face.

"So you will understand if I am less than pleased about the situation. I am beginning to wonder why it was I revered this place so highly. Recent whispering suggests that your denizens would be better off on the streets." he grunted.

Rikki Tikki Travi

Nova Blancke

Supreme Demigod

6,925 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2014 6:07 pm
"I understand your position but it is impossible to be prepared against every single possible thing. And I am sure you know enemies are easily made. Daedeus still being our biggest. We are doing everything we can to ensure the safety of our people. " Theonis responded trying to remain calm.

"I won't ask for details on your situation but if it is that dire, it would be best to leave recorded message just in case. I am afraid there isn't much we can do but wait until Trinity reports back."

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2014 6:51 pm
Rikki Tikki Travi
"Hey you. I was starting to think you'd...is that wind? Are you outside? When did you leave? Why did you leave without letting me know you were leaving?!"

Ako paced as he listened to her. With her rapid-fire questions, he guessed that something interesting had happened while he was out. He had only meant to be out for a short ride, just to clear his head. He'd been feeling more and more antsy lately, like he needed to move. This was the longest he'd stayed in one place in thirteen years. It didn't feel right, even if he had someone like Gidget to anchor him down. He was torn over whether to move on, or stay with her. She didn't need his protection, as she used to, and he was feeling more an more useless the longer he stayed. His mind was torn, and his rides were taking him farther outside the city each passing week. "I'm just over at the parking garage off 3rd. I needed some air, so I took a ride. I left you a note, I figured you'd find it if you left your lab before I got back. I didn't plan on being out this long, I just... got held up a little. Did something happen over there?"  

The Count of Monte Carlo

5,950 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Forum Explorer 100

Rikki Tikki Travi

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2014 5:16 pm
Nova Blancke
"I understand your position but it is impossible to be prepared against every single possible thing. And I am sure you know enemies are easily made. Daedeus still being our biggest. We are doing everything we can to ensure the safety of our people. " Theonis responded trying to remain calm.

"I won't ask for details on your situation but if it is that dire, it would be best to leave recorded message just in case. I am afraid there isn't much we can do but wait until Trinity reports back."

Charles glared at Theonis and grumbled, "On that, I believe I must disagree."

Charles stood up and reached back into his pocket, pulling out a cellphone. "Trinity left because she has a destination. That destination is where she suspects Helena may be. I have resources across the globe. Say the word, and she will have backup within thirty minutes."

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2014 5:41 pm
The Count of Monte Carlo
Ako paced as he listened to her. With her rapid-fire questions, he guessed that something interesting had happened while he was out. He had only meant to be out for a short ride, just to clear his head. He'd been feeling more and more antsy lately, like he needed to move. This was the longest he'd stayed in one place in thirteen years. It didn't feel right, even if he had someone like Gidget to anchor him down. He was torn over whether to move on, or stay with her. She didn't need his protection, as she used to, and he was feeling more an more useless the longer he stayed. His mind was torn, and his rides were taking him farther outside the city each passing week. "I'm just over at the parking garage off 3rd. I needed some air, so I took a ride. I left you a note, I figured you'd find it if you left your lab before I got back. I didn't plan on being out this long, I just... got held up a little. Did something happen over there?"

Another one of his rides, eh? Gidget was okay with it at first, but it was starting to become more frequent. She took a deep breath and exhaled slowly.

"Yeah. Heather, the dragon girl, was taken from her cell. Trinity left with a small group to take care of it. I gave them some equipment, but there really isn't anything else for me to do."

"That, and Charles Ray is in the building. Turns out Heather is his daughter, and he's talking with Theonis about seeing her for some emergency reason that I don't care about."

"So I was kinda hoping we could spend a day out together. Away from here. You've told me that I need to get out more, and I've never been on a motorcycle sooooooo-"

Rikki Tikki Travi

The Count of Monte Carlo

5,950 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2014 8:30 pm
Rikki Tikki Travi
"Yeah. Heather, the dragon girl, was taken from her cell. Trinity left with a small group to take care of it. I gave them some equipment, but there really isn't anything else for me to do."

"That, and Charles Ray is in the building. Turns out Heather is his daughter, and he's talking with Theonis about seeing her for some emergency reason that I don't care about."

"So I was kinda hoping we could spend a day out together. Away from here. You've told me that I need to get out more, and I've never been on a motorcycle sooooooo-"

There was a dull buzz in Ako's ear at the mention of Charles Ray, and it took him a moment to realize he'd let his power slip a little when he heard the name. The electricity leaking from his hand had caused a bit of interference on his side of the line, and his phone did it's best to resist his accidental attack. He heard the rest of what she had to say, but his mind was stuck on one fact: Charles Ray was back. Charles Ray was in his home.

"Wait, Ray is back?! Why didn't you call me earlier? Who let him in?" His pacing was more aggressive now, as though he were striding towards a fight. "Are you sure I don't need me to come back there?"  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2014 8:48 pm
Oops, she had forgotten to clue Ako into the long standing business deals she had with Ray.

"Ako, it's okay. I allowed it to happen. He's under strict supervision."

"I didn't mention it before, because I thought you'd be upset, but I've been doing some under the table business with Ray over the last seven years or so. He helped me develop the substance that kept Shane in check, and then subsequently destroy Legion in our siege over a month ago."

"That doesn't mean I've forgotten, or forgiven, what he did to us thirteen years ago. I still hate him with every fiber of my being, but I owe him for his assistance."

"I'd like to be as far from here as possible while he is here. So can you pick me up at the university entrance?"

Rikki Tikki Travi

The Count of Monte Carlo

5,950 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2014 9:25 pm
The static produced by Ako's now bad mood caused the reception of his admirably toughened phone to fade in and out as Gidget fully explained the situation. He didn't like it, in fact, he hated it, but getting mad at Gidget wouldn't help. That Theonis kid had been put in charge of Valhalla, so he would just assume it was the kid's fault and leave it at that. He could at least agree with her last statement.

With a calming breath that ended up being a sigh, he answered her. "Yeah, I'll be there in a few minutes. Remember to wear tough clothes, and grab a helmet, just in case. The drivers out here today are crazy."  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2014 3:35 pm
"According to Trinity's mentor the person that took Helena will use her to gain entrance to where they are going. It is just a speculation at this point but it is also all we have." Theonis planted his elbows on the table and crossed his fingers as he leaning on his hands. This could be ....tricky. He didn't want to nor could tell Charles where it was. He didn't even know where it was.

"We need prior clearance to land or go anywhere near that island. I do not know where it is nor how to contact them. They've been off the grid as long as anyone can remember. With all the satellites looming over us it hasn't even been discovered yet. I am expecting Liv to return shortly. She is the teleporter that brought Freya and Trinity to their destination."

Nova Blancke

Supreme Demigod

6,925 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Signature Look 250
Roleplaying Gems [Roleplaying + Community Area]

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 354 355 356 357 358 359 ... 550 551 552 553 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games