Welcome to Gaia! ::

Roleplaying Gems [A Literate Roleplaying Community]

Back to Guilds

We provide a roleplaying environment suitable for learning, teaching, mentoring, and benefiting from that experience. 

Tags: roleplaying, gems, literate, roleplay, fantasy 

Reply Roleplaying Gems [Roleplaying + Community Area]
More Meteor Showers Bring Even Stranger Powers. (O/A) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 315 316 317 318 319 320 ... 550 551 552 553 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Nova Blancke

Supreme Demigod

6,925 Points
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 11:19 am
The creature was annoyed by this newcomer. It's efforts only made the creature create more tendrils around the two. Soon was more like an electrical web.

Theonis was glad Trinity was still herself and wanted to hug her right there but there were more pressing matters at hand. Like getting the hell away from that shadow creature. Even if Trinity felt like her usual self which he doubted she couldn't do anything to help Okami.

"Look at them go at it Trin! You'd..no we'd only get in the way of that. Only Liv could help. And maybe not even she can...I mean look them! No we need to get out of here.

The Shadow Creature kept on striking at her vanishing form. Just a little too late each time. However each time it was getting faster at responding. But it wasn't going to rely on that alone. Spikes erupted close to each other out from the shadows around him. Okami could dodge that with her current speed but from those spikes horizontal ones shot out indiscriminately.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 6:22 pm
Deora didn't question the man, she only acted as quickly as she could. With a wave of her arms, the water around her rose and flew towards the Being. Distracted as it was by draining Gidget and the first man, and held as it was by Chuck, the wave finally hit it full blast. The water boiled as it struck the Being, but Deora didn't sever the connection to the water in time. A portion of the massive amounts of electricity around the trio rushed along the conduit of water towards the girl. She tried letting the water go, throwing her hands down to slam the water to the floor, but the electrical bolt already had its target. The crackling arc connected with her, and the world to her became nothing but blinding heat and pain. Her body went stiff as her muscles locked before she fell to the floor in a heap.

Individual strands of her violet hair stood on end from the residual electricity, wisps of smoke trailing from their singed tips. Her eyes didn't open, and the only sound from her was the occasional groan as an errant muscles twitched. She was down for the count, unaware of her effect on the battle.  

Deora_Alvarez

The Count of Monte Carlo

5,950 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 6:36 pm
The electrical sense Ako had relied on so many times that day overloaded and was gone, and even as he saw Deora's wave coming towards them, he saw his vision fading. Compared to the incredible speed of the electricity he knew, the water was tediously slow. As he waited for the wave, he could feel his consciousness fading.

Hearing was the next sense to go, as the sounds of yelling and crashing water disappeared. The world of sound washed out to a murmur, and the quiet was almost welcome.

Touch was next, and the unbearable tingling of the electricity being pulled from him numbed to a gentle touch, then was gone. It felt as though his mind had left his body behind, and he felt nothing.

Ako was out before the wave crashed over him and Gidget. He was gone before his limp body could hit the ground. Though he tried to fight against it, the power over electricity the meteor gave him was the main source of his vitality. With that electricity gone, he was just a shell of himself. His husk hit the floor, the only energy left within him reserved for powering his heart and mind.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 11:22 pm
Nova Blancke

Theonis was glad Trinity was still herself and wanted to hug her right there but there were more pressing matters at hand. Like getting the hell away from that shadow creature. Even if Trinity felt like her usual self which he doubted she couldn't do anything to help Okami.

"Look at them go at it Trin! You'd..no we'd only get in the way of that. Only Liv could help. And maybe not even she can...I mean look them! No we need to get out of here.

The Shadow Creature kept on striking at her vanishing form. Just a little too late each time. However each time it was getting faster at responding. But it wasn't going to rely on that alone. Spikes erupted close to each other out from the shadows around him. Okami could dodge that with her current speed but from those spikes horizontal ones shot out indiscriminately.

She watched as the battle ensue. If she had her power she wouldn't be in the way, would keep up and would take the risk. But the realization on the right thing to do was a sharp pain on her heart. It was like being the only one in your class not invited to a party. Her eyes were down, "Your right… it was silly of me to even suggest trying." She turned off her glaive and retracted it to it's smaller handle. She started heading toward the food court thinking of the security room in the back but paused when she figured she probably not have access to it anymore.

She let out a sigh, "Funny you mentioned Liv. She mentioned that she would try to make you hers... Let's just say I didn't leave her in good terms. But if we need her, it may be best if you approach her first."  

PixelMuse

5,500 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0

Rikki Tikki Travi

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 9:26 am
The Count of Monte Carlo
The electrical sense Ako had relied on so many times that day overloaded and was gone, and even as he saw Deora's wave coming towards them, he saw his vision fading. Compared to the incredible speed of the electricity he knew, the water was tediously slow. As he waited for the wave, he could feel his consciousness fading.

Hearing was the next sense to go, as the sounds of yelling and crashing water disappeared. The world of sound washed out to a murmur, and the quiet was almost welcome.

Touch was next, and the unbearable tingling of the electricity being pulled from him numbed to a gentle touch, then was gone. It felt as though his mind had left his body behind, and he felt nothing.

Ako was out before the wave crashed over him and Gidget. He was gone before his limp body could hit the ground. Though he tried to fight against it, the power over electricity the meteor gave him was the main source of his vitality. With that electricity gone, he was just a shell of himself. His husk hit the floor, the only energy left within him reserved for powering his heart and mind.

Gidget held onto Ako as his body fell limp. Panic was offset by grief. Her instruments were still going haywire, and she couldn't get a solid reading on his vital signs. Her fight or flight instinct went into overdrive. She was trapped, and a loved one was hurt. Her grief turned to anger.

Using what was left of her suits energy, as well as her own power, she fought to raise her right arm toward what she thought was the center of the thing that was draining them. She would use her heavily augmented right arm to reach into the core of the electric beast and crush what she hoped was it's heart.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 9:40 am
Nova Blancke

Okami saw the creature's shift in attack a moment to late and was caught across the face by one of the spikes. She fell through the shadow and stayed in the realm to collect herself.

She looked up at the creature from the floor shadows, watching it's slowed movements from the maelstrom of the shadow realm. She held her hand up to her face, feeling the deep cut run diagonally between her eyes and across part of her snout.

A growl escaped her lips as she quickly assessed that the thing wasn't sustaining damage from her attacks. It was healing as soon as her claws cut through it. It was then that she realized the creature was forged from shadow. That what she had been fighting was a shell. Something was inside shaping it.

She decided that the next attack would be her last gambit for this fight. She would attack the shadow where it was most concentrated.

She shifted her position in the shadow realm and leaped out at an angle. Her right arm was outstretched. Her claws hungered for what lay inside the creature's center. Using her ability to tear through shadows, she sought to rip out the creature's heart.

Rikki Tikki Travi

Nova Blancke

Supreme Demigod

6,925 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 3:54 pm
The creature sent out a truly deafening high pitched buzz like it was sending out a signal. It shot out electricity all around it. It felt itself lose grip on it's force. It couldn't keep itself together the way it wanted in the water. If it was capable of emotions it would be feeling a mixture of fear and rage. It's core became visible and solidified, no longer able to disguise itself as electricity. If it was going to die then it would take all of them with it! With a burst of lightning it took out Ako and Deora. It became weaker but would not go down easily. Magnatism ripped off metal platings from the walls that swirled around it while spinning to try and stop the fast new intruder. It lashed out a few more times against Gidget before it just dispersed. Nothing was left of it besides the crushed remains of what appeared to fragments of a shell.

The Shadow Creature sensed it's kin vanish. It did not feel anything but it felt stronger somehow.Turning it's attention back to the wolf it noticed that it had harmed the wolf while she could not harm the Shadow Creature. It hungered to devour her. This would sate it much more than those shadow dwellers. And it seemed that the wolf preferred the shadow realm over the physical realm. When the she-wolf lunged her attack again the creature lost shape and turned itself into a coffin that closed when the she-wolf got in range. In there it would bind the she-wolf and consume her slowly.

"Really? Guess that ruined my chances of a threesome. Ahh well.." Theo joked but he was pleased to know Liv would try to do that. Not that he would ever cheat on Trinity, there's nothing wrong with the extra attention. Especially from a babe like her. " Well, we can always try to get her to help. If Okami can't handle that thing I mean."

Meanwhile a different entity roamed through the pipes of Valhalla.It slipped into the pools but didn't do anything besides roaming around in that water. It's core fully concealed.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 5:58 pm
Nova Blancke

"Really? Guess that ruined my chances of a threesome. Ahh well.." Theo joked but he was pleased to know Liv would try to do that. Not that he would ever cheat on Trinity, there's nothing wrong with the extra attention. Especially from a babe like her. "Well, we can always try to get her to help. If Okami can't handle that thing I mean."

Even though she was beginning to sound like her old self didn't make her any less emotionally vulnerable. Trinity didn't like the joke one bit, it made her clench her fist. Then when he came close she slapped him,"Pig! I was not being funny...and neither was she. You can go to her yourself, you obviously are more interested in her than someone that would weigh you down without powers. Go!"

She walked away, mad adjusting her hood so that it was covering her eyes, but it could not cover the tear streaking down her cheek. She wanted a moment alone to talk to him, but not like this. It was obvious to her he wanted Liv to even think that far ahead. How she wished she had her power now. Theonis could easily catch up or pull her to him. She hated this feeling of being powerless. She was heading to Gidget's and her's old room, she kept the key just in case.  

PixelMuse

5,500 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0

Nova Blancke

Supreme Demigod

6,925 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 3:18 am
Theonis just stood there with a hand on his cheek taking in what she had just said in her outburst. It was surprisingly hard for him to process it. What just happened? Pig? Weighing me down? What the?

"Trin, wait up.Hey. Okay, it was a bad joke, I apologize. But what the hell do you mean with weighing me down? You think I care would throw you aside now that you are useless in your own eyes? Hey, slow down!" Theo pleaded

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 7:28 am
Trinity stopped, and turned toward him.

"Well it's the truth. Without my power, from now on I'll end up just being in the way. I've had my power for 15 years, I've become so reliant on them when it comes to the fights. I did make an effort with my training without my power, yet in the end...I'm not sure if it matters..."  

PixelMuse

5,500 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0

Nova Blancke

Supreme Demigod

6,925 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 8:14 am
Theo sighed. So this what was really bothering her

"Well....you start over. It doesn't change who you are as a person. You still got your martial arts, your instincts even if Chuck is currently searching for you for treason, I think the majority of people here still trust and depend on you. They don't care if you have powers. You just gotta let others fight on the front lines and be support instead. Hell maybe we'll find something to give you those powers back or new ones, you don't know. So don't run away, please. I still love you the same. I'd still come running if you need me. I didn't fall in love with you because of your powers. I loved the person who you are." Theonis said to her more caring near the end." Let's just get through this first alright?"

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 9:29 pm
"Alright Theo." she hugged him tight, "I'm sorry… I've been so selfish lately. I've been throwing my life away without you in mind. I just don't know what to do with myself, I can't help but feel I've let everyone down and now there's nothing I can do about it. This whole ordeal, has left me rather, emotionally vulnerable. Something that you may have to deal with as I face this trial. I'm so lucky to have you by my side." She parted from the hug a little,"I don't know what I'd do without you, I love you Theonis."  

PixelMuse

5,500 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0

Nova Blancke

Supreme Demigod

6,925 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 4:30 pm
"And I love you Trinity Smith." Theonis replied and kissed her. The kiss didn't last long though he wished it did. But he knew this was neither the time nor place for it." I think I can manage dealing with you." He said with his usual playful face. His expression changed quickly enough.

"I think you should tag along if I am to ask Liv to help out. To make sure she won't try to....make me hers. Though we already owe her big time."

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 6:30 pm
Trinity smiled as he returned her affection. She wanted to do so much more with him and would have taken the opportunity if she had her power. Yet she didn't have to question why their moment had to be brief. She smiled wickedly as he made his comment about 'dealing with you' I bet you do Theo, I bet you do. She briefly wondered where has he been all of her life, none of the other guys she met have come close. Heck they'd probably give up with all this emotional crud she has been dealing with as of late. Not every guy could read her so well like him.

She let out a sigh as things got serious again. She nodded as he suggested that she'd 'tag along'. What else was she going to do? Sulk? That wouldn't be good for her, regarding the current state of affairs. They started off heading toward Liv's place.  

PixelMuse

5,500 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0

Rikki Tikki Travi

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 3:44 pm
Nova Blancke
The creature sent out a truly deafening high pitched buzz like it was sending out a signal. It shot out electricity all around it. It felt itself lose grip on it's force. It couldn't keep itself together the way it wanted in the water. If it was capable of emotions it would be feeling a mixture of fear and rage. It's core became visible and solidified, no longer able to disguise itself as electricity. If it was going to die then it would take all of them with it! With a burst of lightning it took out Ako and Deora. It became weaker but would not go down easily. Magnatism ripped off metal platings from the walls that swirled around it while spinning to try and stop the fast new intruder. It lashed out a few more times against Gidget before it just dispersed. Nothing was left of it besides the crushed remains of what appeared to fragments of a shell.

With it being the closest conductive object to the shell, Gidget's arm took the brunt of the final strike from the dying creature. The suit's automatic electrocution cutoff stopped the bolts from reaching her heart and brain, but the damage done to her arm was gut wrenching.

The plating on her arms exploded and melted simultaneously. She felt pain for only a moment before everything from her armpit down to her fingertips were burned and torn apart by the electricity and resulting explosions. The the sensation became something beyond what could be called simple pain.

Gidget fell atop her beloved as the electric storm died down and the fragments of shell shattered on the ground in front of her. She didn't care about it at that moment. Her doubled, blurred, and darkened vision wandered around the room. She glanced past Deora's unconscious form and felt a pang of sadness in response. She then looked down at Ako and attempted to move her right arm to hold him.

When she found she was unable to move it, her eyes rolled down to the misshapen limb of blood, bone, muscle and metal. Her hand was gone, and the rest of her arm looked like a wood chipper had a go at it.

Her suit's shock compensation system clicked on just as she was about to say, or scream, something. Painkillers were automatically administered, and she was put to sleep before she could fully register what had happened.

Elsewhere, an alert buzzer in Gidget and Trinity's room began to go off. It was something she had made for anyone in Valhalla that had a roommate or significant other registered to receive emergency notifications.

Nova Blancke
The Shadow Creature sensed it's kin vanish. It did not feel anything but it felt stronger somehow.Turning it's attention back to the wolf it noticed that it had harmed the wolf while she could not harm the Shadow Creature. It hungered to devour her. This would sate it much more than those shadow dwellers. And it seemed that the wolf preferred the shadow realm over the physical realm. When the she-wolf lunged her attack again the creature lost shape and turned itself into a coffin that closed when the she-wolf got in range. In there it would bind the she-wolf and consume her slowly.

Okami couldn't stop herself before she was swallowed by the makeshift shadow coffin. She fought and struggled to slash at the shadowy innards of the creature, but soon found she was unable to move enough to attack. She felt she was close to the source of the creature's existence, but she could do nothing in this state.

She started to feel something p***k at her, like being nibbled on. The creature was trying to eat her! Her animal instincts kicked into overdrive, and she did the one thing she would never do unless she had no other choice.

A hideous snarl emanated from her throat as she lashed out and bit at the inside of the shadowy coffin. Her tainted saliva dripped off her fangs as she did everything she could to free herself.

Roleplaying Gems [Roleplaying + Community Area]

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 315 316 317 318 319 320 ... 550 551 552 553 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games