Welcome to Gaia! ::

Anime Conventions: The Global Connection

Back to Guilds

A guild dedicated to sharing/discussing conventions, cosplay, anime, and manga from across the world 

Tags: Convention, Cosplay, Anime, Crossplay, Manga 

Reply Convention Forum
Cosplay for a Cure! Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ashta Nightrayne

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 9:57 am
This blog post on Deviant art's World Cosplay Group touch me some inside and for a good cause.
Every Family has been plauged by a cancer of some kind. With the donations and by spreading the word can help a lot.

Quote:
Co-Founder reekavalentyne and Founder exilefayt have a message we'd like to share from BLiTZ Cosplay to everyone who has been touched by cancer.

As most of you know, October is breast cancer awareness month. We hope you will all read the following message and hope those who are able to will donate or walk:

BLiTZ has always been about team work, about having fun, and generally about caring for our fellow man. We love to cosplay, we love to meet new people, and now we love to HELP people.

Recently we heard that the mother of a friend of ours was diagnosed with cervical cancer. Cait's [BLiTZ' Zelda] immediate thought was to do a cancer walk in her honor.... With that thought in mind, Cait brought up the idea of a COSPLAY cancer walk to Erika and Mark.

We are now OFFICIALLY launching our new project, COSPLAY FOR A CURE.

Visit our website at www.cosplayforacure.org and donate or sign up to walk with us today!

Spread the word!

The Website again is:
www.cosplayforacure.org

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 10:21 am
Very interesting idea. Gave me an idea for a topic here XD I'll check out the website in a minute ^^  

SakuraRico

egoxromantic

Anxious Conventioneer

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 12:52 pm
Pity.
I'm pretty far from Boston. =/  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 1:21 pm
It's in Boston?

Well I have a friend over there.

Maybe some day they'll out stretch the program to more city's?  

burgawinosourus

Toothsome Phantom

SakuraRico

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 1:35 pm
I already sent them an email, I already proposed stretching it out to PR ^^  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 1:37 pm
I've sent an email to represent the southern states.  

Ashta Nightrayne

tattahitotsuyakusoku

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 8:36 pm
Cosplayers helping people >w<
I'd like to do one in my town. Maybe this can be my Anime Club's charity work, I'll try to convince'em to do it. Plus it gives me another excuse to cosplay.
I really do hope it becomes a nationwide thing.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 1:58 pm
i really like that idea. i agree with ^ that i would love if it became a national wide thing.  

BoogieD13

2,550 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Informer 100
  • Dressed Up 200

Ralyle

Shirtless Hunter

7,700 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 3:34 pm
I would so love to donate or something but I live too far away and as most cosplayers are: I'm broke! T^T
Hope they do it in Phoenix! ^-^ I'll wear a cosplay that day though in "I'm thinking of you guys" support. ^-^  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 8:06 am
Hey guys I am the Leader of BLiTZ Cosplay and one of the founding members of Cosplay for a Cure. The amount of support CFAC ha been getting is amazing! Thank you! But we are still far off from our goal. Tell your friends, family, anyone that will listen! Lets make a difference, together!

-Mark
BLiTZ Cosplay
Cosplay for a Cure  

thehyrullian

PandaTeddy

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 4:56 pm
This caught the attention of multiple members of my cosplay group and we all ended up presenting it to each other not realizing that the others had already seen it. XD
We all think it's a great idea and we're going to try to do something in our area.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 7:08 pm
:O So close, but so far...I'd love to do it or something similar, but I don't have the time to get to Boston. x,x Grrrr....*makes a note and begins to make plans!*  

Glacirus

5,500 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Full closet 200

SakuraRico

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 10:35 am
I already talked to The Boss, I shall post in the forum for our cons about it ^^  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 11:56 am
sounds sweet, but sadly you won't get a cure, there either is a cure and we won't get it, or cancer is just a hoax.  

Doom27

Lady Cecilie

6,400 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 9:19 am
Dannichigo
I would so love to donate or something but I live too far away and as most cosplayers are: I'm broke! T^T
Hope they do it in Phoenix! ^-^ I'll wear a cosplay that day though in "I'm thinking of you guys" support. ^-^
I am near Pheonix too they need to do one here I know so many who would help  
Convention Forum

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces