Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Shimakuwa

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 12:59 am
Xxdeadxxsoonxx
flutegirl123
I want to try various japanese food when i visit there. What do you think I should try ? blaugh 4laugh

You should try Authentic (I CANT STRESS THAT ENUF! stressed ) Yaki soba. Not only is it delicious whee it close to home in a sorta foriegn way....i reccomend this for someone who is just starting to eat Japanese food.

Yakisoba tastes funny sometimes.

gonk  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 7:47 am
Sukiyaki!! heart

I love anything hotpot. Also, I eat natto for breakfast a lot, miso soup with shiitake mushrooms and spinach, soba with tsuyu, daifuku, taiyaki, takoyaki, okonomiyake, curry rice, tonkatsu, curry croquettes heart

In my opinion, you can't really miss with Japanese food. Unless it's spaghetti... they make it with ketchup... I'm Italian, so it kinda feels like an abomination.  

Veruka Fox

the ghost of hedeyasu

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 4:34 am
i recommend deep fried unagi on a bed of rice if you if you dont mind the texture.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 11:13 pm
iPono
Xxdeadxxsoonxx
flutegirl123
I want to try various japanese food when i visit there. What do you think I should try ? blaugh 4laugh

You should try Authentic (I CANT STRESS THAT ENUF! stressed ) Yaki soba. Not only is it delicious whee it close to home in a sorta foriegn way....i reccomend this for someone who is just starting to eat Japanese food.

Yakisoba tastes funny sometimes.

gonk

Beef Yakisoba always tastes good though.  

Samael KOT

8,300 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Spazzy Tig3r G3rl

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 9:32 am
Yakisoba.... or maybe udon...?
some type of noodles...

and miso soup ^_^  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 3:57 pm
It all tastes so.. plain, if not bitter! I've got a sweet tooth, so Japanese food tastes bad to me.. but I tried these Chinese cinnamon rolls at a buffet once.. at least.. I THOUGHT they were Chinese.. sweatdrop  

CptnAdmiral

iGoRawrX

9,400 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 7:41 pm
Everyone mentions tempura and udon, but not tempura udon gonk
It's yummy delicious bowl of soup filled with thick noodles and fried shrimp :>
Try it. It's deliciouss <3  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 7:18 am
flutegirl123

Someone's gonna have to help me out, because I don't remember what they're called.
They're used in tea ceremonies, and they're about pool ball sized, and gooey, and covered in flower... Omg... they're soooo good.
Amongst my favorite candies, for sure.  

Amyroth

Dapper Dabbler

Rocking Reaper

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 4:35 pm
In my experience dunburi is the way forward, katsudon is amazingly good. Oddly enough people seem to think japan is all about sushi but when i went to Tokyo i could swear i saw more beef bowls than raw fish.

Oh and onigiri are awesome as well, those rice triangle things you see a lot of the time in japanese pop culture. The ones I tried had fish in the middle that were really salty but I don't know if they're all like that.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 8:35 pm
flutegirl123

As odd as it sounds, just go up to a Hibatchi and order something. Don't ask what it is until you've eaten it because if I had known I was eating pig uterus, I never would've found out that it's actually more like chicken. *sorry about spelling, it's really early* heart  

Gabby_lover19

3,750 Points
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
Passport Japan日本のパスポート

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items