Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Great Hall
Gryffindor Table Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 99 100 101 102 103 104 ... 189 190 191 192 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

x-Phoenix Phyre-x

Obsessive Bibliophile

9,800 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 10:54 pm
User Image
~Yvette Tarot~

Gryffindor/Third Year/Single/Pureblood/Wearing

User ImageUser ImageUser Image

With: Quihnan

User Image

Yvette smiled and nodded, raising a hand to lean her chin on it quietly. "I see.. So you're half and half? Both my parents are magic, but I have a half-brother who's like you. He's.. Well, he's in Slytherin," she said quietly, almost as if that fact were embarrassing, even though her father had been supportive of him no matter his house. "I worry about him, sometimes. He's not very good at making friends." Thinking suddenly that she shouldn't cloud the air, she returned the smile to her face and decided to turn the subject back toward the first year. "What about you? Do you have any brothers or sisters?"

User Image

o White-Raven o

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 11:13 pm
User Image
And you can tell everybody, this is your song,
It may be quite simple but, now that it's done...

... I hope you don't mind ....

... I hope you don't mind that I put down in words
How wonderful life is while you're in the world

ιяαηđα αusт
1st Year [ x ] Gryffindor Freaking Out Gryffindor Table With Ronna and Xavier and others

`.¸¸.´´¯`••.¸¸.´´¯`´`.¸¸.´´¯`••.¸¸.´´¯`´

Nam et ipsa scientia potestas est.

"What?" Miranda exclaimed, astounded. Miranda never would have guessed - she assumed all girls loved sweets, as sexist as that may be. It was just a general consensus in her school and community. "You may be the first person I've met that said that to me. I hate bitter food! I can't stand it in the least. Spicy food is a little iffy for me, but anything else with strong flavors I'll eat... Why don't you like sweets?" She asked, curious to know even though she assumed she'd get an answer along the lines of 'I just don't' or variant of some sorts. It was understandable - she figured people developed differently, and part of that meant a different way one's taste buds worked. "Do you like bitter chocolate at least? Or nothing sweet at all?"

Once Xavier took the card from her, Miranda smiled to him. "No problem, the card's technically yours anyways.. as is this delicious pile of loot." She said to him with a soft chuckle. She felt that she could really relate to his story of blood elitism - even in the muggle world, such elitism was present, though it was mainly on a focus of money instead of one's lineage. "Yeah... it's not as extreme where I'm from, but my parents still do get pretty snappy about social status and everything.." She told him with a shrug. "They have a thing for calling the less fortunate 'commoners' and 'street folk', but they've got their heads so high up their arses it's a wonder they can see where they're going." Miranda said bluntly before laughing whole-heartedly. She rarely talked about her family so liberally - her old school friends would've been shocked, but this was who Miranda was. She had a mouth on her, and she knew it was only a matter of time before it got her in trouble.

"I shouldn't be speaking so poorly of my family though.." She said after a good laugh. "They were rarely ever home.. always off in some other city or country doing business. It's a pretty boring existence though, might've been different if either of my parents were wizards.. but hey, you can't have everything right?" She asked rhetorically with a cheeky grin. Part of her really hated the fact that her parents had never been home for long. She could barely even remember when she had a proper family meal with them. It didn't help that she was shipped away to a smaller apartment in London that was closer to her school, but after a while she grew indifferent about the lack of familial support she had.

The moment Nick popped up in the middle of the table, Miranda jumped, dropping the Pumpkin Pastie that had been in her hand onto the table as she instinctively reached out to grab Xavier's arm, not even thinking of what she was doing. "Oh my god... what is that..?" She asked when she realized the translucent man was talking... coherently too. Her heart was racing and it looked as if all the blood had gone from her face as she gazed at the ghost with a blank expression in her eyes. She had a feeling she knew the answer already, but Miranda didn't want to believe it. All the stories, the urban legends, the ones that Miranda thought were just tales to keep kids from acting out of line or doing stupid things... there was no way.

˙ʇsǝ sɐʇsǝʇod ɐıʇuǝıɔs ɐsdı ʇǝ ɯɐ

mc2

IceGrayWolf

Forks Anonymous

Newbie Noob

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 11:30 pm
Forks Anonymous
User Image

User Image

Blood Status: Muggleborn
Wand: Inflexible//13 inches//Laurel//Dragon Heartstring
Current Age: 11
Year at Hogwarts: 1st year

That is not the type of ghost you see on Muggle TV.

Ronna shrugged, "My Dad is the same way. He always drinks his coffee black for example. And, of course, I like dark chocolate. It just has to be like 95 percent cocoa or something, though. The type most people don't like."

She listened as Miranda complained about her family never being home and mentioning they were both muggles. Then again, she had her own one deadbeat muggle parent with her mother who bailed so early on. She then noticed Miranda's alarm as she dropped the Pumpkin Pastie and reached out for Xavier. She turned to see what surprised her to see the ghost rising out of the table.

Ronna's blue eyes widened and she paled some her freckles standing out more. Wait hadn't she read about ghosts in Hogwarts, A History? But she had thought ghosts as in what you saw on muggle television shows with the ghost hunters. Ronna swallowed and took a deep breath as she took in what seemed to be a relatively friendly ghost at the very least. Her surprise at the ghost made her miss that the end of the sorting had occurred.

User Image

In Company of: Miranda Faust, Rowan Elliot, Crash, and other Gryffindors
[Wearing:plain black school robes]

{ }

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:03 am
quihnan • seirha • montgomery

ғιrѕт year / gryғғιndor/ ѕιngle / нalғ-вlood

scottish ~ | | | ~ and proud

User Image

With:Yvette

With a brief shake of his head, Quinn smirked and cast his eyes down and back up fast.
                                          "No, I'm 'n only child. I guess Fate knew 'd be trouble 'nough alone." His laugh is quiet and short, but he felt tension leave with it as his spine relaxed into a small slump of growing comfort. He knew that not everyone at this school was going to be kind, like Yvette. But he could take what he got, and give hell with the best of the ones that would rather hurt than help. He didn't want to fight at Hogwarts, but from the stories his father had told him there were plenty that happened. Not to mention traps and tricks people would pull on each other. But that he could join into without any guilt.

User Image

x-Phoenix Phyre-x

iamWanderlust626

Spirited Elder

8,850 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • Marathon 300

x-Phoenix Phyre-x

Obsessive Bibliophile

9,800 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:18 am
User Image
~Yvette Tarot~

Gryffindor/Third Year/Single/Pureblood/Wearing

User ImageUser ImageUser Image

With: Quihnan

User Image

With a quiet laugh, Yvette nodded and rubbed at her belly slightly. The Headmistress had to be making the start of term announcements, soon.. Only then would they finally be served their food, and sent off to bed. She had been sitting in this hall for what had to have been a couple of hours already, and her belly was aching. She sort of wished they'd at least have a little pumpkin juice to tie them over. "So Quinn.. Do you have any class that you're really looking forward to, this term?" she asked in an effort to distract herself from the hunger pangs, looking back to the younger boy inquisitively.

User Image

o White-Raven o

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:22 am
User Image
Gʀʏғғɪɴᴅᴏʀ Tʜɪʀᴅ Yᴇᴀʀ Hᴀʟғ-Bʟᴏᴏᴅ Cʜᴀsᴇʀ Sɪɴɢʟᴇ

User Image

I got a lot of things I have to do
                                                              All these distractions
                                                              Our futures coming soon
                                                              We're being pulled a hundred different directions
                                                              But whatever happens I know I've got you

Mood : Nervous...? And...happy?
                                                              Thinking : Just let it be, Xavier. It's none of your business.
                                                              Doing : Being friendly
                                                              Where : Gryffindor Table
                                                              With : Gryffindors; David; Miranda; a group of First years

Xavier slightly jumped when he heard a vociferous sound at the other side of the table. He took a quick peek and saw Tevye and Steffi; Tevye was…..he looked like he was kissing the table and a small hand that belonged to Steffi was behind his head. Ouch. But why. He was definitely intrigued. He saw a familiar colored hair beside Tevye. Oh…it’s Luke…Was Tevye saying some bad things to Luke and Steffi overheard him? No. Definitely no. The beater isn’t that kind of guy. He knows he doesn’t because….well, he’s his friend and a teammate. But then…why? His decision changed when Steffi suddenly stood up. He immediately turned to David, who was, in time, replying to him. “ I think I have a habit of doing that, “ he replied, a sheepish grin on his lips. “ Mmmm. But of course, I’m not so sure. But, surely, you won’t be interested with somebody else. You’re head over heels for Shayna,“ he chuckled, patting his friend’s shoulder.

The brunette looked back at Miranda, smiling again as he glanced at his Circe card that was safely kept in his bag. His head approved every word she said, especially about how the ‘high class’ ones would label the ones lower than them. Eh. Blue eyes blinked for a moment at what Miranda said last. When she started laughing, he couldn’t help but join. Small, huffs of laughter escaped from his lips as he leaned back slowly. He breathed, trying to stop himself from laughing more. He agreed once again, “ You definitely can’t have everything. “

When a head, then a body, rose up from the table, Xavier wasn’t completely shocked. He’d seen ghsts in Hogwarts a few times, and his father had told him stories about them. But of course, the first years were overwhelmed. Miranda suddenly grabbing his arm was solid proof, as well as the pale faces of the Gryffindor first years. His hands reached out for some pumpkin juice, a small silence between them as the other students froze in the sight of a ghost. As he finished drinking, he placed the silverware back on the table. He patted Miranda’s head, assuring her that everything’s okay. “ That, is Gryffindor’s ghost. You see, here in Hogwarts, every house has a ghost. Slytherin has the Bloody Baron; Hufflepuff has the Fat Friar; Ravenclaw has Helena Ravenclaw, and Gryffindor has Nearly Headless Nick. But in this school, they aren’t the only ghosts. You might see a lot of them later, “ he advised, giving off a warm smile. “ They’re all nice. And fun. Yeah, definitely fun, “ he added. But then, a question popped up in his head. He hasn’t seen Sir Nicholas, not even at the sorting when he was a first year. And same last year. This might be the first time he’d seen his house’s ghost. He shrugged the thought off, just thinking that the ghost was just not there when he was. He was definitely in the castle, right? There’s no other reason….right?

You're in my mind your in my heart
                                                              It doesn't matter where we are
                                                              It'll be alright
                                                              Even if we're miles apart

Oᴜᴛ Oғ Cʜᴀᴍᴘᴀɢɴᴇ:

All I wanna do is be with you, be with you
                                                              There's nothing we can do
                                                              Just wanna be with you; only you
                                                              No matter where life takes us nothing can break us apart
                                                              You know its true,
                                                              I just wanna be with you

Forks Anonymous

murruelecreuset

IceGrayWolf

Tipsy Pup

9,050 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • Brandisher 100

Forks Anonymous

Newbie Noob

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 10:03 am
User Image

ιяαηđα αusт
1st Year [ x ] Gryffindor Calm Gryffindor Table With Ronna, Xavier, Nick and others

Miranda's grip loosened gradually once her heart slowed to its normal rate. She couldn't seem to take her eyes off of Sir Nicholas... a ghost. According to Xavier he was the Gryffindor Ghost, and there was more of them throughout the castle. That must mean they really existed in the real world... the tormented souls that haunt older houses, all the horror movies that were 'based on true stories', even the concept of ghost hunting and contacting the spirit world. When she finally felt confident enough, Miranda let go of the man, but not before brushing out the creases in his sleeve. "Sorry about that.." Miranda said, her face going red with embarrassment at her reaction, which she had no doubt the other students saw. "I'm not a big fan of ghosts... well, not the muggle-world ghosts. The stories and movies all make them well scary... things that drown children and tear families apart.. literally." She told him before letting out a nervous laugh.

She then turned to Ronna, noticing that the girl had gone pale as well. She laughed softly, shaking her head as she gave the girl a light nudge on the side. "Ghosts! Who would've thought? I feel like we should bring a few of the skeptics to Hogwarts... even I didn't really believe in them until now." She said with a soft chuckle. Miranda felt like she had enough excitement for one day... first, going to Hogwarts with the thoughts of becoming a witch filling her mind, then going through sorting and having a talking hat sit on her head, indulging in wizard sweets and finally meeting a ghost for the first time in her life.

But Xavier called him nearly headless... how is that even possible? She turned to the ghost, taking another look at him. His head seemed to be in tact... maybe it was just a thing. Did she dare ask? Taking a hard swallow, Miranda waved to the ghost. "Um... Sir Nicholas...?" She called out, trying to get the attention of the ghost. "Why do they call you 'Nearly Headless Nick'? Isn't that redundant? You're either headless or you're not.." She asked in a steady, calm tone that showed she had gained control of her emotions once again.

mc2

IceGrayWolf

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 10:14 am
User Image
User Image

Nicholas smiled and nodded at one of the... third years? Really, he ought to stick around longer. However, one of the older students and an obviously first year called him by his annoying nickname at the school. He huffed in annoyance. "I prefer Sir Nicholas, if you don't mind. All this about being nearly headless. Ridiculous. The executioner didn't have a sharp enough blade to finish the job, and caused me unending suffering due to it." The subject was still a touchy one for him, even after all these centuries. However, he did enjoy relating the tale of his botched execution.

User Image
State: Affronted
OOC: ...

User Image

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 10:29 am
Forks Anonymous

Diamond Wales

IceGrayWolf
User Image

User Image

Blood Status: Muggleborn
Wand: Inflexible//13 inches//Laurel//Dragon Heartstring
Current Age: 11
Year at Hogwarts: 1st year

That is not the type of ghost you see on Muggle TV.

"So typical gore movie stuff," muttered Ronna as the ghost explained and she gained her bearings. She was thankful to Miranda for her encouragement. Ronna was not picturing something so life like when she read about ghosts. This was definitely something she would have to write her Dad about.

Ronna then blurted out, "But you're dead now... can you still suffer pain? I mean I would have thought once you died of blood loss or whatever..." She paused and blushed and said, "Um... sorry, I'm being rude Sir Nicholas. The only thing I know about ghosts is what I've seen in muggle movies or read in ghost hunter books. I guess you have a story that would make you a real cool ghost to locate."

"But, nah, Miranda, I think it is better to keep the skeptics out of Hogwarts, don't want another witch hunt or crusade going on," Ronna said seriously.

User Image

In Company of: Miranda Faust, Xavier, Sir Nicholas, and other Gryffindors
[Wearing:plain black school robes]

{ }

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 10:47 am
User Image
Gʀʏғғɪɴᴅᴏʀ Tʜɪʀᴅ Yᴇᴀʀ Hᴀʟғ-Bʟᴏᴏᴅ Cʜᴀsᴇʀ Sɪɴɢʟᴇ

User Image

I got a lot of things I have to do
                                                              All these distractions
                                                              Our futures coming soon
                                                              We're being pulled a hundred different directions
                                                              But whatever happens I know I've got you

Mood : Erm, guilty
                                                              Thinking : I will never say his nickname every again
                                                              Doing : Being friendly
                                                              Where : Gryffindor Table
                                                              With : Gryffindors; David; Miranda; a group of First years

Xavier smiled again when Miranda apologized. “ Don’t worry, it’s understandable, “ he answered. As he listened to her story about the muggle movies and ghosts, he tilted his head to the side. “ You know, I never got the chance to watch any movie made by muggles. I heard that they’re fantastic and I really can’t wait to watch one,“ he added, hoping that he actually would get the chance watch one. He gave a lopsided grin as Miranda went off to her friend and started to chat about the ghosts. Now that was a new event for them. New experience.

He glanced at Miranda when he heard her ask, then looked at the ghost to see his response. You can easily see that the third year was startled when Sir Nicholas huffed in annoyance. ‘ Da said he liked being called that…. ‘ He thought, scratching his cheek sheepishly. “ Sir Nicholas, “ he repeated, letting the name be remembered. He does that every time. One of the first years, and the one Miranda was talking to, asked if he was still feeling pain even though he’s…..well, dead. Yes, interesting question. His lips parted, but he found himself hesitant to even let out his voice. He might annoy the ghost more. “ I…I’ll j-just keep quiet now, “ he said quietly. For now, he’ll just listen before Sir Nicholas would do something to him.

You're in my mind your in my heart
                                                              It doesn't matter where we are
                                                              It'll be alright
                                                              Even if we're miles apart

Oᴜᴛ Oғ Cʜᴀᴍᴘᴀɢɴᴇ:

All I wanna do is be with you, be with you
                                                              There's nothing we can do
                                                              Just wanna be with you; only you
                                                              No matter where life takes us nothing can break us apart
                                                              You know its true,
                                                              I just wanna be with you

Forks Anonymous

murruelecreuset

mc2

IceGrayWolf

Tipsy Pup

9,050 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • Brandisher 100

VixenViVi

Desirable Vampire

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 12:09 pm
User Image

Headmistress

ιηαяι εvεяηιgнт

мσσ∂ ---& {In Control}
<--- sтяιρ мε ηαкε∂

❝I'm just a bad girl, that's why we get along❞

❝Won't make excuses for anything I'm doing wrong❞

❝I'll pull the trigger in a flash❞

User Image

Inari reentered the great hall just as sorting had finished. A sense of power followed her as she made her way strait to the podium over looking the student body. She looked at each table waiting for them to calm down from the excitement of getting new members. Once the room was silent she began."Welcome to Hogwarts for those of you just joining us, we are glad to have you and your new house will be your home for the next seven years so make sure to enjoy your time here. For those returning, we are happy to have you back. Now the rules are the same as every year don't go in the woods alone and don't die. If you have any questions ask your prefects. Now with out further ado, let's eat!"She said a clap and food appears on all of the tables. Inari returned to her seat and took a long drink.

User Image

❝Watch out honey, step back❞

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 1:08 pm
User Image

ιяαηđα αusт
1st Year [ x ] Gryffindor Hungry Gryffindor Table With Ronna, Xavier, Sir Nicholas and others.

"Well, if you ever find yourself in London one day I'll treat you to a movie." She said to him with a friendly smile. There was a cinema close to where she lived, it was a place she'd gone to quite often actually... "We always go out to the movies, my friends and I. I'm sure you'd love it. The special effects these days are quite convincing."

After listening to the ghost, Miranda shuddered. A botched execution... that sounded brutal. It sent shivers up and down the young girl's spine just thinking about it. Miranda was also curious as to whether or not the ghost felt pain, but she didn't want to pursue his ghostliness any more after seeing his reaction to her question about his nickname, so she was a little relieved when Ronna asked in her stead.

Once Ronna spoke, Miranda nodded in agreement. There was a reason muggles didn't know about the Wizarding World, and it was best that they still don't know about it. Especially with modern weaponry, she wondered whether or not witchcraft could stand a chance against something like a ballistic missile or a nuclear warhead. "It'll be pretty hard to keep all of these secrets though... but I doubt any of the stories I could tell sound even the slightest bit believable to my friends." She said to Ronna, chuckling.

Shrugging the thoughts away, Miranda turned to Xavier who had declared timidly that he would stay quiet now. She gave him a reassuring smile as she put a hand on his shoulder. "If it makes you feel any better, I managed to fall into the lake after my bunny Marmite decided he preferred being on the boat more than being on the dock." She said to him, still laughing at her own stupidity. Then the Headmistress gave her speech, and Miranda listened as the room fell silent. All she could think about was what was to come next - the food... and there it was!

The woman clapped her hands together, and the food immediately appeared on the table, startling the girl yet again. Miranda smiled when the room bursted with noise once again. She watched as some students began to dig in. "I don't know how she did that, but at this point I don't really care!" She announced to no one in particular as she, too, began to pig out happily.

mc2

IceGrayWolf

Forks Anonymous

Newbie Noob

Xistund

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 3:10 pm
User Image
User Image

GryffindorThird YearReserve Beater

Tevye felt the table slam into his head. It did not really hurt as much as it surprised him. He heard Seffi tell him to stay away from Luke if he knew what was good for him. The beater was use to people trying to use pain to bully others to do what they want. Tevye was not one to back down though and got up with a big grin on his face and a red mark on his head where it was slamed into the table. "Hey Steffi, its good to see you too. Hey there done with the sorting." He said as plate of food appeared where his head was and he grabbed a big helping of food.

{OoC:}

Great Hall

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 99 100 101 102 103 104 ... 189 190 191 192 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games