Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaia Community Sniper Game! - Archive Mode Activate!

Back to Guilds

After a while of dust setting in, the Guild has gone into Archive Mode. 

Tags: strategy, game, sniper, social, deceit 

Reply I Am Me!
HEY SUGGEST GAMES FOR ME TO BUY. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Anagove

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 7:20 pm
Well... I hate horror ((except zombies. Love zombies.)), so for me to actually like something horror related... is huge. smile  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 4:01 pm
I AM REVIVING THIS THREAD because I want more games to ask my parents for x:
Wii/DS games too!  

Unphotographable

7,900 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Dressed Up 200

Tedie Behr

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 9:32 pm

get new vegas

i haven't had this much fun with a game in a very long time

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 5:57 pm
Tedie Behr

get new vegas

OKAY so new vegas looks like lots of fun... but I never played the first fallout and am really opposed to jumping into a series (WHICH IS WHY I WILL NEVER PLAY ANY GOD OF WAR, PRINCE OF PERSIA, ETC.)
will I be able to get it just jumping into it?  

Unphotographable

7,900 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Dressed Up 200

Tedie Behr

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 4:47 pm
Unphotographable
Tedie Behr

get new vegas

OKAY so new vegas looks like lots of fun... but I never played the first fallout and am really opposed to jumping into a series (WHICH IS WHY I WILL NEVER PLAY ANY GOD OF WAR, PRINCE OF PERSIA, ETC.)

yes

i haven't played fallout 1 or 2 and i'm enjoying this very much

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 11:27 am
Unphotographable
Tedie Behr

get new vegas

New vages had a totaly different story line from one two and three. So if you just play this one you wont be lost.  

Kozmo6

7,700 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Regular 100

L Y Z Z A C I O U S` DB

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 3:14 pm
haven't read the entire thread, but if you haven't gotten bioshock, definitely get it. There's a reason it was voted as like the best game of the year. Even for something that's a few years old, the graphics far outpace a lot of games being released today.

Dead space is good as well.

But bioshock is a game that everybody should play.

(//probably the guild's biggest bioshock fan, and self-titled bioshock aficionado))  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 8:52 pm
So! I decided to update this- why not?
For Christmas, from the list: I got Bioshock 1, Batman: Arkham Asylum, and The Darkness (From Heavensdark!).
Not from the list: Folklore, Epic Mickey (Don't judge me, I wanted a Wii game), Professor Layton and the unwound future, and Final Fantasy 7.
I think the games I'm most dissapointed I didn't get my hands on this holiday season are Bayonetta and Dead Rising 2. D:
I've only played folklore so far, and if you care enough GUYS I JUST WROTE A BLURB FURTHER DOWN THIS POST ABOUT IT!
About FF7... I have never played a final fantasy game in my entire life, and I have heard so much hype about this series- this game (and FF10) in particular.
I was thinking of maybe starting a blog to chronicle my progress through the game? I'm going to be pretty critical of it, because I'm already stepping into the game skeptically.
BUT I wonder if anyone would even care enough to read it / plus it's not a particularly new idea

OH OH OH THIS IS IMPORTANT
So, for any of you that have a ps3- did you know that you can share games with up to 4 other people?
Me, heavensdark, and one of our irl friends have all of our account information and so when one of us downloads a game from the PSN store- all of us do. (It's how I got FF7, heavensdark downloaded it! She's thinking of a Castlevania game next.) It's just a matter of making different accounts on your ps3, and then associating each one of those accounts with a friend's PSN account!

WHICH BRINGS ME TO- My major issue is right now:
WHAT THE ******** GAME SHOULD I GET ON THE PSN NETWORK?
I have 20 bucks. Discuss.

I was thinking Marvel vs. Capcom 2, but then there's a MvC game coming out for the PS3 soon!
Then I was thinking Crash Bandicoot 3- but then I thought about how little I've played of Abe's Odyssey, a game from my childhood I DID download on the PSN.
Makes me sad. D:

MY REVIEW OF FOLKLORE, GUYS! (because you care)
It was the first ps3 game I ever played... I played it in a target while waiting for my mother to get something that didn't interest me enough to walk around the store with her. I really liked it visually, and the concept interested me as well.
SOOOO after not hearing anything about it- I asked for it for Christmas!

THE GOOD:
OH MY GOD I LOVE THE VISUALS. The netherworld is beautiful!
EVERYONE SPEAKS WITH AN IRISH ACCENT! (WIN)
The level up system is INTERESTING. It's not just like "lol fight things get exp level up." There are certain goals you need to reach to level up certain attacks. You might have to just collect souls of the creature who gave you that attack- you might have to kill a certain amount of a certain type of baddie with that attack. whatever. It can get a little repetitive depending on what you need to level up a skill, or frustrating if it requires an item you have no idea how to get. BUT! There's really no need/desire to level up EVERYTHING. You choose 4 attacks you need, and then while you progress through the game you can just randomly level up certain moves.

The BAD:
There are 7 chapters and 6 "realms." There are 2 characters. Each character visits every realm.... with the same exact layout. With almost the same exact monsters. With the same exact boss.
If you don't jump back and forth between the characters- the story is less interesting. So basically you're forced to play the same level back to back. That's boring.

So the plot is interesting. There's some.... strange storytelling methods.
Okay I'm not going to bullshit you- the plot is pretty goddamn predictable.
The only good thing about the plot, is that I'm more than halfway through the game and I still can't tell who's fighting for good, and who's fighting for evil.

ALSO GUYS LB2 CAN'T COME OUT SOON ENOUGH JESUS I WANT MY SACKBOY AND BOOKENDS.  

Unphotographable

7,900 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Dressed Up 200

JOJOmenon

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 10:27 pm
This isn't on the PSN, but you should definitely get Heavy Rain. It's kinda like a Choose Your Own Adventure book turned into a game. It revolves around the story of the Origami Killer, a serial killer who drowns his victims in extended periods of rainfall and the journalist, FBI profiler, private detective, and a father who are all trying to crack the case. The gameplay is really simple. It usually involves button pressings and analog movement during the cutscenes, but while it does sound pretty easy, it's a lot harder than you think. They do expect you have really fast reflexes and the game gets very climactic, which adds on to the difficulty. The story varies from person to person, depending on what actions they take during the game. I really wish I had a PS3. I would play it so much, but sadly, I'm stuck with a DS that only has 10 minutes of battery power and a Wii, which gets left out of everything. ; ~;  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 11:00 pm
Kisuke Yamada
This isn't on the PSN, but you should definitely get Heavy Rain. It's kinda like a Choose Your Own Adventure book turned into a game. It revolves around the story of the Origami Killer, a serial killer who drowns his victims in extended periods of rainfall and the journalist, FBI profiler, private detective, and a father who are all trying to crack the case. The gameplay is really simple. It usually involves button pressings and analog movement during the cutscenes, but while it does sound pretty easy, it's a lot harder than you think. They do expect you have really fast reflexes and the game gets very climactic, which adds on to the difficulty. The story varies from person to person, depending on what actions they take during the game. I really wish I had a PS3. I would play it so much, but sadly, I'm stuck with a DS that only has 10 minutes of battery power and a Wii, which gets left out of everything. ; ~;

ALREADY BEAT/PLAYED HEAVY RAIN IT WAS FANTASTIC.  

Unphotographable

7,900 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Dressed Up 200

JOJOmenon

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 11:55 pm
Unphotographable
Kisuke Yamada

ALREADY BEAT/PLAYED HEAVY RAIN IT WAS FANTASTIC.
. Mkay then. I think you should get this game once it gets released.

Catherine

The story is about Vincent, who loves being carefree, struggling with his relationship with Katherine, his girlfriend who constantly suggests marriage. He ends up having a one-night stand with Catherine, a young, spunky, and mysterious girl, which causes him to have these freakishly crazy nightmares. The gameplay looks pretty weird from what I've heard so far. It's split into three stages; Stray Sheep, Drama, and Nightmare. Stray Sheep involves talking to people at the bar, Drama involves Vincent dealing with his relationship with both Katherine and Catherine, and Nightmare is the crazy, trippy tower-climbing in the link. It looks really disturbing which is why it's so interesting to me. It's also made by the same people who made Persona 3 and 4, so I have a lot of high hopes for it.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:48 am
OKAY FORGET EVERYTHING BAD I SAID ABOUT FOLKLORE- IT'S FANTASTIC.
Seriously one of the best endings of a game ever.
Worth playing.  

Unphotographable

7,900 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Dressed Up 200

Amigox3

Revered Sex Symbol

5,600 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Inquisitor 200
PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 3:23 pm
You guys are funny when you talk about videogames. Haha. Im not getting involved.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 3:40 pm
If you like Real Time Strategy games, there are a boatload of options for the computer. I recently got Warhammer 40k Dawn of War. It's older, but excellent.  

Sonkurra-Taichou

Dapper Guildsman

7,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Conventioneer 300
I Am Me!

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers