Welcome to Gaia! ::

Anime Conventions: The Global Connection

Back to Guilds

A guild dedicated to sharing/discussing conventions, cosplay, anime, and manga from across the world 

Tags: Convention, Cosplay, Anime, Crossplay, Manga 

Reply Convention Forum
Cosplay storage? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Zombeficent

Hygienic Lover

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 3:48 pm
I've recently moved all of my cosplay stuff from my closet to an empty bedroom downstairs (yay!) and as I was sitting there trying to organize it, I realized I had no idea where to put anything. I have wigs sitting around (poor Daisy's wig has been shoved mercilessly into a bag with her crown on top of it) and all my accessories grouped into these old pot planters my mom had, and all of my left over construction materials have been shoved into a built-in cubby hole. It leaves a lot to be desired.

Anyway, my question to you is, how do you store your cosplay stuff? What works for you? Do you have a room, a closet, a bin under your bed?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 4:12 pm
Right now I don't have a lot of cosplay stuff, so my outfits go in my closet and my wigs all have foam heads and they sit on the dining room table upstairs. My mom wants me to clear it off though, I might have to have my dad put up a shelf in my room for my wigs. It seems I have more wigs than cosplays xD  

tokkitoria

Brainy Bunny

11,550 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Conventioneer 300

burgawinosourus

Toothsome Phantom

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 6:12 pm
Well half of closet is for all my every day clothes and what not. While the other side has all my costumes(that are done) and my other not so worn articles like coats and dresses.

I have a little storage bin that I keep my wigs in unless their styled so then they stay on wig heads.

And accessories have their own bins unless their fragile than they're in my closet on a shelf.

If it's still being made, like half way done or just pieces of fabric waiting to be put together. I have one of those stools that open up, it's aaaalll in there.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 6:31 pm
well since i don't have too much stuff put my costume in the closet and accessories all go into a drawer thats all nicely organized  

harukokun

4,750 Points
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Window Shopper 100

Nostalgiacola

Mega Nerd

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 6:59 pm
when my closet is all cleaned out i plan on finding room for my cosplay ^-^  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 8:28 pm
Media room closet when not making cosplays...
Living room corner when they are being made :nod:  

ll dell Orso ll

Tipsy Gawker

Zombeficent

Hygienic Lover

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 11:45 pm
@Godess: That's what I used to do XD Then I started cramming stuff into my closet and finally begged my mom to let me use one of the empty downstairs rooms. I have a few wigs here and there, but the hardest things I have to store are all my accessories and props >w<

@Scientifically Erotic: When I had my cosplay outfits in my closet, I hung them on a smaller rack that had all my dresses. In addition to that, I had to hang my umbrella from my Princess Daisy cosplay and my Trucy Wright purse in the same area, so it was pretty cramped.

How big is your closet? It sounds fairly roomy, unless you're good at packrat-ing the stuff in there.

@harukokun, Charmful Incarnate: Those both sound like good ideas XD

@FlyingPink: Good luck with that! :3

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 6:13 am
I've taken over a room for cosplay and the making thereof, much to my mother's disgruntlement. ^^; At the moment, I store my stuff by costume in plastic bags. Fabric parts are folded and put in the bags and then dropped somewhere on the floor. I have one wig at the moment, and it lives on a wig head on a shelf. Props are either in bags with the costumes they go with or in a drawer. Costumes in progress are scattered all over the floor so I'm reminded to work on them.

...But if I move anything I then have trouble finding it...  

Wielder of Mighty Pencil!

SakuraRico

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 9:01 am
My girlfriend and I just throw our cosplays wherever we have room for them XD

OFFTOPIC: I'm eating sushi!! <3  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 10:59 am
Question:

I have a styled wig, but no foam head? What should I do with it? ; w ;  

Sadistic Rainbows

1,500 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Dressed Up 200

MisaMaiValentine

7,100 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 12:53 pm
I used to have them all in my closet but I have collapsible closets in my basement so i use those now. smile i put each individual cosplay in its own zip up laundry bag (My mom has tons of those) and each wig I own I put in its own little box on a foam manikin head. I put the cosplay accessories in the zip up bag with the actual clothing peace.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 1:00 pm
I'm not organized at all, so I don't advise this.... sweatdrop

I have this big walk-in closet that I just toss all my finished costumes and props in. all my scraps and leftover materials are in my spare room. I have all my wigs on foam heads on the shelves of a small closet upstairs and all the rest of my wigs in a box at the bottom of the closet.

I need to get more organized though, but I'm really lazy.
I go through a lot of searching before I find my old cosplay stuff in that closet and sometimes I give up hope and then find it later when I am looking for something else. sweatdrop  

Hotaru230

Zombeficent

Hygienic Lover

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 5:32 pm
Sadistic Rainbows
Question:

I have a styled wig, but no foam head? What should I do with it? ; w ;

What kind of style is the wig in? If it's not too terribly styled, you could fit the loose ends of it into a bag and try to sit it upright.

I'm not sure where you live, but you have a Sally's, I think foam heads are only like one or two bucks :3

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 11:49 pm
@Sailor Kasumi
I guess it's about average size. Maybe a little longer, but not much deeper. I'm pretty good at packing things in their though. And if its pants for a costume I just keep them in my dresser. More space/organization then.  

burgawinosourus

Toothsome Phantom

PandaTeddy

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 7:58 am
There really isn't any room in my apartment for a separate cosplay space so right now I just have it either hanging up or on the floor in my closet and my wigs are on the shelf in my closet.
If and when I move to a bigger place I'd love to have a separate cosplay room. X3

Convention Forum

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff